Timeshare Companies

II "Getaway" price increase

Dec 19, 2008

Yesterday I booked a "Getaway" in Palm Springs $564.17 tax and Guest Cert. included (Gold Member). Today, same resort, at about the same time frame, is $771.00 plus tax and Guest Cert. I notice that this increase seems to be true for all of Palm Springs and a similar increase for Florida. Are they trying to take advantage of the Christmas spirit? I have noticed that "Marriott, Fort Lauderdale Beach Place" 2 Bdrm has been sitting in the "Get Away" with out takers for at least 8 Hrs. as it is "very much" over priced for a "Get Away"! Good for those who have taken a pass on it. We are from Canada and I thought "We haven't been hit as hard by this "economic shot" we should do our part and support our neighbours to the south (and get away from the cold, again)"! I am now thinking of saving my money as this seem to be a group taking advantage of the "Santa" affect! Has anyone else else noticed this price increase in the last weekend before Chistmas? Terry

Terry R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.