Mar 23, 2009

We keep getting phone call from a company called ' Timeshare Hotlist'. Have anybody heard about them? Them charge $250 to list the timeshare for sale....

Thanks

Cynthia H.
Mar 24, 2009

cynthiah131 wrote:
We keep getting phone call from a company called ' Timeshare Hotlist'. Have anybody heard about them? Them charge $250 to list the timeshare for sale....

Thanks

They will take your money and, at best, put your listing on their website and there it will sit until someone happens to find it. By the way, if you Google "timeshare resales", hundreds of sites will pop up on the first several pages, but NOT the Timeshare Hotlist site. How many people do you think will see your listing?

They may claim to advertise you TS in major newspapers like USA Today, but if they do they just have a small ad for their website, not your individual listing.

For less than $100, total, you could list your TS for sale on several websites (RedWeek, TUG, bidshares, myresortnetwork, vacationtimesharerentals, etc). This way YOU control everything about your ad (contents, price, etc).

Mike N.
Mar 24, 2009

cynthiah131 wrote:

Thanks

Never, ever pay an upfront fee in the hundreds of dollars to any company to list your timeshare unless you have money to throw away .... they're all scams.

R P.
May 13, 2009

Has Anyome ever herd about tom tom street team. these guys sold my timeshare

Scott T.
Aug 19, 2009

cynthiah131 wrote:

Thanks

They told me they were going to RENT my timeshare for me for $3000 but of course there was a fee. I checked the BBB and they are not a rental agent. See below from the BBB site.

"This company offers marketing and advertising. Based on a sample contract provided by company, they state: Timeshare Hot List (THL) is an independent advertising company. We are not a real estate broker and are not affiliated with any timeshare resort. This is a For Sale/Rent Buy Owner program therefore THL is not involved in any negotiations for the sale or rental of the listed property."

Barbara P.
Sep 05, 2009

I got a call from them about 8 months ago wanting my Westgate Resort. I had been taken for 500 bucks before from Timeshare Only about 2 years ago and haven't got an offer. They kept telling be that it was listed too high, but I listed it at what they told me. Timeshare Hot List informed me that Only was an online listing company and since I didn't buy mine online why would someone else buy theirs online. Timeshare Hot List told me they did face to face marketing like what I endured when I got suckered into buying that horrible thing. It made sense so I signed up even though my wife thought I was stupid. They charged me 995 dolars to sell it. Within 4 months I had got 2 offers. I accepted the 2nd offer which was 350 dollars off of what they told me it was selling for. I was so happy that I put my other property in their renting program. Has anyone had any sucess in renting with them?

Thomas V.
Oct 06, 2009

I too was skeptical, believe me --I've heard enough!

We loved our Orange Lake Resort timeshare, and were ready to rent it out. We listed with Timesharehotlist and it rented right away. Now, we want to buy another timeshare and it makes sense to buy one through Timesharehotlist.com

I'm curious if others have had good experience buying resale?

Roberto J.
Feb 17, 2010

What price did they tell you and what price did you actually get? Have you done any more business with them?

Philip G.
Apr 06, 2010

I to am having conversations with a guy from Time share Hot List... they do ask for $1259 up front, and have been offered to pay 1/2 now, and 1/2 when it's rented, they say 42 conventions come to Orlando a year, and know that the companies are contracted to come there for the next 25 years. a. how would they know that? b. has anyone rented and gotten $2500 that they say they can get? Does anyone know a company that does rent out with a % commissioned to them for finding a renter? thanks... ps. he'll be calling back for a yes or no this afternoon.

Carol N.
Apr 06, 2010

caroln125 wrote:
I to am having conversations with a guy from Time share Hot List... they do ask for $1259 up front, and have been offered to pay 1/2 now, and 1/2 when it's rented, they say 42 conventions come to Orlando a year, and know that the companies are contracted to come there for the next 25 years. a. how would they know that? b. has anyone rented and gotten $2500 that they say they can get? Does anyone know a company that does rent out with a % commissioned to them for finding a renter? thanks... ps. he'll be calling back for a yes or no this afternoon.

They'll tell you all kinds of lies to get your upfront fee .... if you don't mind losing $1259, then sign on up.

If they were a legitimate rental or resale company, they wouldn't have to steal email address and cold call people to get business .... their reputation would already be established and people would be calling THEM .... and no, they can't get $2500 for any rental ... in this economy that should have rung a bell with you ... most conventions are held at hotels, not timeshare resorts.

R P.
Apr 06, 2010

brucej41 wrote:
I have 2 time shares in Texas that I would sell real cheap. I mean really, really cheap. Just take over the balances. One in the Hill Country and one in Galveston, Texas.

Timeshares are not selling in this economy .... you might try giving them away and paying the closing costs and this year's maintenance fees .... this is the very worst time in the timeshare industry just as it is in the real estate industry .... also, if you have a mortgage then you couldn't even give your timeshares away ... people don't buy timeshares with mortgages even in a thriving economy.

R P.
May 12, 2010

American Resort Development Association Advises Precautionary Steps in Timeshare Resales Market

The American Resort Development Association (ARDA) has released three advisories to help consumers and timeshare owners navigate through the secondary market, which includes timeshare resellers, internet advertisers and other resale companies, to ensure a safe and positive selling experience. Read More >>> http://www.vacationbetter.org/

You may also want to visit ARDA.org - both sites will give you additional information regarding the resale industry and legislation that focuses on unethical practices by some individuals.

Vickie G.
Jun 10, 2010

susanm1000 wrote:
It was a company from texas that bought our weeks and the owner of the company was looking to buy 6 more like ours as they will use for business conventions.

This is a tired, well worn story, but in my nearly 30 years of timeshare ownership and experience, I have NEVER once heard of ANY company EVER buying timeshares for "conventions" (...although I have heard the story told many, many times).

Think about it for a moment, people. Why would any company EVER buy into an annual maintenance fee obligation, per unit, resulting in a capacity to house just a relatively few people? It makes no logical sense. Companies can get huge discounts booking (only when needed, with scheduling liberties not available in timeshare ownership) blocks of rooms at hotels which also have integrated meeting rooms, food services and accomodations for all personnel right in the same place.

Sorry, but it's just crazy talk to portray for one moment that "companies" are looking for or buying timeshares. It just doesn't happen; period, amen. It's an amusing tale, but categorically untrue.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 10, 2010 07:28 AM

Jun 10, 2010

susanm1000 wrote:
about a year ago we listed with timeshares only also and we got nothing but a run around.After much researsch, we hear now that this company is under investigation with the state of florida for fraud...Should have done this research before I gave them money, but we didn't. A friend of ours sold their timeshare with timeshare hotlist in 2 months, so she told us to go with them as they did what they said they were going to do. We paid $959 to timeshare hotlist in feb 2010. We had 3 offers and am happy to say excepted the 3rd at 2000 less then what we were asking. I just recieved my check on tues. It was a company from texas that bought our weeks and the owner of the company was looking to buy 6 more like ours as they will use for business conventions. We were very happy with our service, even happier that it sold. I would reccomend this company to anyone who needs to sell.

I smell a SHILL !!!

R P.
Jul 01, 2010

Did you really have success with Timeshare Hot List? You are not an employee are you? With all the negative stuff out there about these companies just taking your money and getting nothing in return I'm just skeptical. I have an agreement with one currently and have not really generated anything. I'm considering THL. This would be my second attempt at contracting with one of these companies. Finding the one company that can deliver is exhausting. Like finding a needle in a hay stack. They talk a real game. But everything says don't pay any upfront fee's and if it too good to be true it probably is. I have a Westgate Towncenter in Orlando with a floating week with unlimited getaways and they are currently putting me in the pool with a potential of 10 rentals netting me $1,450 or $14,500 and I'm just looking for someone that will tell me they are legite, I mean you could but can I really be sure? Please help with any insight you can give me.

Tina M.
Jul 02, 2010

tinam215 wrote:
Did you really have success with Timeshare Hot List? You are not an employee are you? With all the negative stuff out there about these companies just taking your money and getting nothing in return I'm just skeptical. I have an agreement with one currently and have not really generated anything. I'm considering THL. This would be my second attempt at contracting with one of these companies. Finding the one company that can deliver is exhausting. Like finding a needle in a hay stack. They talk a real game. But everything says don't pay any upfront fee's and if it too good to be true it probably is. I have a Westgate Towncenter in Orlando with a floating week with unlimited getaways and they are currently putting me in the pool with a potential of 10 rentals netting me $1,450 or $14,500 and I'm just looking for someone that will tell me they are legite, I mean you could but can I really be sure? Please help with any insight you can give me.

ALL UPFRONT FEE timeshare resale or rental companies are scams, period .... if your week is in demand you can easily rent it yourself on Redweek or other timeshare ad sites .... don't waste your money on huge upfront fee scams, but if you don't believe me then go for it .... you may as well throw that upfront fee down the toilet.

Burn we once it's your fault, burn me twice it's my fault as you have already been burned once.

BTW, the Orlando area has more timeshare resorts/weeks than any other area in the world so you have a lot of timeshare owners competing to rent their timeshare.

Don't hold your breath waiting for someone (other than an employee of TSHL = shill) to prove they're legit.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jul 02, 2010 06:49 AM

Aug 11, 2010

Do not give them upfront money! They make promises they do nit intend to keep. It is a scam!

Arwen M.
Nov 01, 2010

So far I have found the best company to sell your timeshare or rent your timeshare through is timesharehotlist.com they have a guarantee that if you are able to sell your timeshare through someone else first they will give you your money back! They also work through the convention centers, visitors bureaus and travel agents to make sure listings get sold or rented. Good luck!

Jacob P.
Nov 01, 2010

So far I have found the best company to sell your timeshare through is timesharehotlist.com they charge an upfront fee but they have a guarantee that if you are able to sell your timeshare through someone else first they will give you your money back! They also work through the convention centers, visitors bureaus and travel agents to make sure listings get sold or rented.

Jacob P.
Nov 01, 2010

jacobp8 wrote:
So far I have found the best company to sell your timeshare through is timesharehotlist.com they charge an upfront fee but they have a guarantee that if you are able to sell your timeshare through someone else first they will give you your money back! They also work through the convention centers, visitors bureaus and travel agents to make sure listings get sold or rented.

Jacob, we regular posters on Redweek recommend that people should stay away from large upfront fee resale companies. If you charge a large upfront fee, then that include's your company.

There is NO GUARANTEE that any timeshare will be sold or rented, especially in this down economy .... so you stating such is an outright lie.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.