The Manhattan Club

Maintenance Fees

Dec 17, 2009

An FYI - apparently you do need to subscribe to our listserv or your emails will be rejected/returned. We have nearly 250 members on this listserv so I hope you will indeed subscribe at the link above I posted yesterday.

I, too, need to consult a lawyer about how to get OUT because we cannot pay our maintenance fees and still owe nearly $7000 on our unit. The sad thing is that people are taking sales tours there every week and forking out huge bucks when someone like myself would sell for a song! We were told our ownership would appreciate in value over the years (and, of course, this is a timeshare myth) and now I hear TMC isn't even accepting resales any longer - there is actually a waiting list for this. Unbelievable....but true.

Cyndia S.
Dec 18, 2009

OK. I will join the yahoo group. BTW do you have anything in writing that says it will appreciate in value? Sounds like misrepresentation and that will give you a reason to sue them.

Lourdes G.
Dec 30, 2009

I will join the Manhattan Club Yahoo Group, too. We absolutely must get rid of our timeshare, the fees are more than we would spend for a hotel.. we are nor using our week and RCI is too expensive. I'm sorry we didn't get to go to the meeting last August, but hope we are organized enough to attend this coming year.

Annmarie C.

Last edited by marty8084 on Dec 30, 2009 06:01 PM

Dec 30, 2009

each time I enter manhattanclubowners@yahoogroups.com the web page cannot be displayed. What's up with this address?

Annmarie C.

Last edited by marty8084 on Dec 30, 2009 06:01 PM

Dec 30, 2009

were you successful in joining the yahoo group? I tried and could not .,. help....

Annmarie C.

Last edited by marty8084 on Dec 30, 2009 06:00 PM

Dec 30, 2009

Just to recap, you have to SUBSCRIBE to the Manhattan Club listserv, you cannot just sent a message without doing so before hand. I just tried the link below and it does work; it will take you to where you need to subscribe.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/manhattanclubowners/join

Once you do, then you will be able to post to the list and get replies. It's quiet on the list right now but, when it heats up about something, it really heats up. Good luck.

Cyndia S.
Jan 18, 2010

I have been trying to register on this website, but the message keeps coming up that the document cannot be displayed. I need to get in on the maintenance fiasco...thanks amcordaro@comcast.net

Annmarie C.
Jan 18, 2010

Sorry you are having such trouble joining our yahoo TMC group. I still come up with the same link for joining as I posted above, so do this: go to yahoo.com, then do a search for Groups. NExt, type in a search for Manhattan Club and you will see it, with a link that says "Join". Click on that link and it should guide you through the rest of the process. It's a pretty active listserv right now with some talk of trying to organize a class action lawsuit and also with some of us (myself included) looking to unload this loser of an investment just in exchange for two years' maintenance fees and the necessary transfer fee that Manhattan Club rips you off with to add insult to injury! Let me know how you make out and good luck.

Cyndia S.
Feb 19, 2010

you owners have a very legitimate ***** concerning the maintence fees, just try to exchange into the Club. We started at the absolute longest lead time allowed at least 3 times. never any space available,their reason is that the owners book up all 52 weeks. l always see many units for rent or for sale,but never an exchange.

Charles K.
Feb 19, 2010

what is your maint. fee?

At Manhattan Club?

Guess what. We are counting the days to finish our ownership at St George's Club Bermuda

How about close to 2300.00 / week. And not a very well kept resort. go figure. Fortunately this is (for us) limited in years.

Vivian M.
Feb 21, 2010

Any progress on the class action suit against TMC the really need to be made accountable for the fraud.

Kathleen B.
Feb 21, 2010

I want to join the group that is trying to get a class action suit against these crooks. What can I do??to further the effort.

Kathleen B.
Apr 10, 2010

sorry you couldn't join the group. have you tried again?

Lucy A.
Apr 11, 2010

yes i would like to join this group i am so sorry that i bought something needs to be done

Kathleen B.
Apr 11, 2010

I'm not sure why it has been difficult to join our group on yahoo other than the proviso that we are being careful to screen out "moles" - I know that sounds paranoid, but we are collectively quite protective of our group and the posts we share with one another.

Currently, my MFs are close to $1,700/year when originially they were $744 (in 2005). When we first signed on, we could pay this $744 on a monthly basis via a credit card which made it very affordable. Then, in 2008, they announced the fees had to be paid up front, and they had more than doubled. We, too, are looking to get OUT but, when I went to a timeshare resale site, I almost fell out of my chair: there were 237 Manhattan Club resales listed starting at $999!! One of our group members finally sold his for $1 on e-bay with the understanding that the buyer would also pay two years of maintenance fees to sweeten the deal. It's totally depressing to many of us who feel stuck with a terrible investment of which we will never recoup anything. Most of us just want out even though we will take a huge loss.

Wish I could be more optimistic, but it is what it is.

Cyndia S.
Apr 11, 2010

You could add St. George's Club to high maintenance fees at $2200.00 per week. Can not wait unatil we are done. Major highway robbery

Vivian M.
Apr 12, 2010

I am interested in a class action suit against the manhattan club. I was told that in our contract they informed us that the fees were subsidized for a few years and would go up. I was never informed of this. When I joined the fees were $800. They have tripled. Why can't we sue for deceptive sales practices? Please keep me informed and if you want my support, you got it. Thanks. Christine

Christine V.
Apr 12, 2010

Have you joined the yahoo group?

Lucy A.
Apr 23, 2010

What happened at the meeting. The management fees charged the homeowners association is over 6 million dollars. what happened at the meeting?

larry chazen
Apr 23, 2010

Good News. We have just started a Disgruntled Owners of The Manhattan Club group on Facebook. It is in the early stages but you can find the new start-up group there and help us grow in numbers. If nothing else, we are getting the word out and hopefully trying to keep new buyers from paying full costs when SO many of us are trying to get OUT. Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=116892578330143

Cyndia S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.