General Discussion

Timeshare Mega Media Marketing Group,....

Mar 18, 2010

I just got a call 3/18/10 from Timeshare Mega Media in Fort Lauderdale, FL. telling me they had a buyer for our timeshare. They gave me all the info on the company, phone numbers, address, and sales person name, also they need a charge card to charge $1,980.00 that would be on hold until all the paper work was received and then they would credit it all but $100.00 back to my card. They also told me it would be about 30 days for the deal to complete. I guess we will see. Any body have the same message? If so how did it turn out?

Gordon R.
Mar 19, 2010

One word .... scam .... anytime a resale company requires an upfront fee in the hundreds/thousands of dollars then it's a scam .... also, they tell people they have a buyer but then the buyer backs out or can't come up with the money or you never hear from them again .... if you gave them your credit card #, you need to get in touch with your credit card company and dispute the charges as fraud ASAP.

Just look at all the posts above yours for verification of their non-legitimacy.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Mar 19, 2010 07:43 AM

Apr 05, 2010

I had gotten the same type of call about 2 months ago. Now I had to stay on them-kept calling and they new me by name. But I received word last week that everything was finalized and I'd get a certified check in 14 days. So we'll see I'll try to re-post if i get the check and its as they said it would be. Like i said though it took closer to 2 months. Now I'm not sure as the old up-according to them-was the fact they were waiting for timeshare market pro to refund my previous advertising fees i had paid them....so good luck!

Rachel M.
Apr 05, 2010

Don't hold your breath waiting for that check.

R P.
Apr 06, 2010

rachelm146 wrote:
I had gotten the same type of call about 2 months ago. Now I had to stay on them-kept calling and they new me by name. But I received word last week that everything was finalized and I'd get a certified check in 14 days. So we'll see I'll try to re-post if i get the check and its as they said it would be. Like i said though it took closer to 2 months. Now I'm not sure as the old up-according to them-was the fact they were waiting for timeshare market pro to refund my previous advertising fees i had paid them....so good luck!
I have been dealing with Timeshare Mega Media Marketing Group since January when they contacted me regarding having a buyer for my unit that was on the Timeshare Market Pro website as well. They continually avoid, place me on hold, drop the call, etc everytime I call them. I'd be interested in knowing how you managed to get ahold of someone over the phone on a regular enough basis to have them know you by name.

I'd also be very interested in finding out if they actually sell your timeshare unit. Any information you would be willing to share regarding your experience with them would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen D.
Apr 07, 2010

stephend145 wrote:
I have been dealing with Timeshare Mega Media Marketing Group since January when they contacted me regarding having a buyer for my unit that was on the Timeshare Market Pro website as well. They continually avoid, place me on hold, drop the call, etc everytime I call them. I'd be interested in knowing how you managed to get ahold of someone over the phone on a regular enough basis to have them know you by name.

I'd also be very interested in finding out if they actually sell your timeshare unit. Any information you would be willing to share regarding your experience with them would be greatly appreciated.

Bottom line, you've been taken .... all the upfront fee resale companies want is your credit card # and then they stop all communication .... they will tell you anything to get that upfront fee.

File a complaint with the attorney general in the state the scammers are located ... that's your only hope.

R P.
Apr 09, 2010

To anyone who has recently been contacted by this company, here is a bit of info that may help you. First off, you have a seven day cancellation period in the state of Florida, that is their law.

If you have had problems getting in touch with these folks, here is a list of numbers. Just keep trying and be persistant, it will pay off if you have been scammed by this company.

The only help I received was from Kimberly and Crystal, they both work in the office. I finally got satisfation from Chris Clark, but it was a struggle. You really have to dog them. Just call, call and then call again, do not bother to leave a message on the company voice mail, if you get the voice mail, just hit redial and do it again.

We had checked into selling our timeshare, and I thought this was one of the companies we had contacted and yes I did give them my card number, but was told that it was only because we were getting out main. fee refunded. We did not even have a contract and before I knew it they had taken the 1999.00 out of our account. So I spent 2 solid days on the phone dogging this company and finally have the forms that state the Fl. law and I am going to fill them out and send it in for a refund, the law states 30 days for a refund. I am embarrassed about this because I am usually much smarter than this. It was too good to be true.

954-839-8264

866-416-8563

954-839-8264

954-357-0682

866-460-1495

954-636-6067

Judi R.
Apr 15, 2010

ilonag2 wrote:
Granted they don't like to answer their phones and the wait seems long.

SHILL ALERT .... why does a legitimate business not like to answer their phones = BIG RED FLAG ????

R P.
Apr 15, 2010

ilonag2 wrote:
Well ........I went ahead, despite all this negative comments. All of you people are like cattle just jumping on band wagon when one person has bad experience!!!! They sold my timeshare and I got my money just like they stated! I am now free and clear of that horrible timeshare.

Congrats on selling your HORRIBLE timeshare with this company and trying as a possible SHILL to brag of this company! Great Job! You forgot to say what you paid UPFRONT and how some company sold a timeshare so Horrible you had to get rid of it. Also why did you ever buy such a Horrible timeshare in the first place?

Some of these shill postings are so ridiculous its sad that some people still try and believe this bull and because they believe they will get scammed!

PHILL12

Phil L.
Apr 16, 2010

phill12 wrote:
ilonag2 wrote:
Well ........I went ahead, despite all this negative comments. All of you people are like cattle just jumping on band wagon when one person has bad experience!!!! They sold my timeshare and I got my money just like they stated! I am now free and clear of that horrible timeshare.

Congrats on selling your HORRIBLE timeshare with this company and trying as a possible SHILL to brag of this company! Great Job! You forgot to say what you paid UPFRONT and how some company sold a timeshare so Horrible you had to get rid of it. Also why did you ever buy such a Horrible timeshare in the first place?

Some of these shill postings are so ridiculous its sad that some people still try and believe this bull and because they believe they will get scammed!

PHILL12

Stephen D.
Apr 16, 2010

As I noted in my previous posting above... I've been dealing with this company (Timeshare Mega Media & Marketing Group) "TM3G" since they contacted in January and promising to have our 3bdrm Orlando Florida Timeshare sold and closed by March. So far as I can tell they (TM3G) has had at least two buyers for my unit and the first one pulled out of the deal and the second didn't qualify for the financing.

They promised us that our $1996.00 processing fee was "100% refundable" if the deal was not completed by the end of March.

If you want to get your money back from these folks you will need to be persistent, aggressive, and diligent in following up on them.

1) Call them, Call them and Call them again. Do not leave messages they do not return your call. Redial as many times as you need to until they pick up the phone. 1-866-460-1495 use the toll free number not the local number.

2) Once you have a live body (probably Kimberly) ask to speak with the Customer Service Manager (currently Marco Sanchez) and don't fall for the "he's in the field", "out of the office", "taking a late/early lunch" etc. If he's not available ask for anyone else that has the ability to refund your money.

3) Ask them to email you (immediately) the "TM3G Refund Policy" form regardless of how long ago they set up your account or have had money.

4) Call the fax number on the form to ensure it is an active line. (It wasn't when I called it after getting the form) and if not get an alternate fax number. Always try the number first to see if you are getting connected to a fax machine. Bad Fax # 954-302-3134 , Good Fax # 954-727-5007

5) Once the transmission of the fax is completed. CALL THEM until someone answers and verify they have received your fax. Get a time frame that your request will be processed and completed and make sure you follow up.

How do I know this works. I just checked my credit card statement online after being told my refund was processed and miracles do happen.

I'm done with this company and any other For Sale By Owner companies offering these services. Especially if they are in the State of Florida.

Stephen D.
Apr 20, 2010

How do I know this works. I just checked my credit card statement online after being told my refund was processed and miracles do happen.

How much time passed between when you gave them your credit card number and when you asked for the refund? I have been dealing with this company since last summer and cannot get anywhere. No sale, lots of excuses, etc. And that's if I can actually get a person on the phone! I am so done with timeshare reselling companies, but I want my $2450 back! Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Betsie M.

Last edited by betsiem on Apr 20, 2010 07:46 PM

Apr 21, 2010

We were originally contacted on Jan 9th , 2010 and I started calling their offices on March 1st to follow-up on the "pending sale". It took me until just last week (April 15th/16th) to get my money refunded.

It might not be possible for you to get anything back from them but if you have the time to dedicate to calling them until they answer the phone and you have documented what you were promised and by whom, you might get some results. The only thing you can do at this point is try what I described in my earlier posting. Best of Luck!

Stephen D.
Jun 14, 2010

Well I was told that we were to close on selling my time share @ 10:30am on June 14th. I called every other day to confirm this & I was told 3 times that it was still scheduled & approved by finance I also asked for papers to confirm this which they told me 7 to 10 business days & I still did not recieve them. I called to check the status of this on June 14th, when I finally got a hold of someone, they told me that no closings was scheduled for my contract and they don't do closings in that office and there was no supervisor they all leave at 5pm and he was just answering the phone. He also told me I was the 6th person to tell him that they were scheduled to close for today. I have been dealing with them since Dec 16th 2009 and they would not refund my money nor did I get my grocery voucher.

Dorinda M.

Last edited by dorindam8 on Jun 14, 2010 05:14 PM

Jun 14, 2010

We did not get grocery or gas vouchers either. Now we are dealing with this lovely mess. We originally disputed the charge with our credit card company so they credited us the money while the investigated. When they sided with TMMMG, they reversed the credit. Well, TMMMG is trying to say they do not have our money so we are no longer a client of theirs and that is why they haven't been doing anything for us. So now I am stuck between the credit card company and TMMMG sortin this one out. All I know is I don't have my $2450 and I still have my timeshare! I am going to Florida next month for vacation and may just have to pay a visit to TMMMG!!!

Has anyone out there had any luck getting your money back either through TMMMG, your credit card company or some other source? I was going to try sending a letter to the Florida Department of Real Estate as well as the Attorney General.

Betsie M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.