Playa Grande Resort

Questions about Playa Grande

Jan 06, 2010

Hi!

We are a family of 4 and we have a two bedroom booked for this summer. I am curious about a few things. First, where are the two bedroom suites located. Our confirmation states that our unit sleeps 8. We have two small kids and we are on a budget so we want to eat meals in our unit as much as possible. Where do you go shopping? Is there a bbq on property or on the balcony? Just curious. How do you get from the airport to the hotel? I DO NOT want to drive in Mexico. (We are not good at it!)

Any other suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks in advance!

Andria L.
Aug 15, 2012

We purchased unit 1206 for weeks 4 and 41 sight unseen. How do I find out what amenities this unit has since I have seen such a vast aray of ones listed on the rentals -- VCR, dishwasher, stove, internet access, etc. Thanks

Connie C.
Feb 23, 2013

Hi,

We have been owners for 10 yrs and NEVER trade our units. We love Playa Grande--great location, within walking distance to town, view of marina and "swim with the dolphins" from The Ridge, great staff, multiple pools and hot tubs, great beach, ( without vendors) activities, etc.

It sounds as though you have rented a penthouse or presidential. Each of them has bedrooms on the sides separated by the living/dining/kitchen/tv viewing areas. Each bedroom has it's own bathroom, one bedroom has 2 double beds, and there's a 3/4 bathroom off the tv viewing area. There is a nice balcony. There are no bbq's on the property.

The kitchen doesn't have an oven or dishwasher but is nicely equipped including coffeepot, toaster, blender, micro, and 4 burner stove, plenty pots/pans, dishes, etc.

We book our transportation through Cabo Tours (1-866-348-6286), they have a website as well (think it's Cabotours.com) When you book, you will have access to activities at a discount and a "Cabo Tours Fun Card" which entitles you to discounts at restaurants and shops. Cabs are expxensive to/from airport, Cabo Tours is a little more reasonable.

You probably know there is no swimming in the ocean at the resort because of riptides but there is a public beach on the other side of the marina.

I hope you enjoy your stay. We own Christmas week and a floater between weeks 15 and 45 on the Ridge.

There is a Walmart at the edge of town coming from airport. They have some bilingual employees. And a small grocery store in town that has a decent assortment, more expensive but convenient

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, bousquette.sy@gmail.com.

Sallee

Saramae B.
Feb 23, 2013

Hi Connie,

Not sure what size unit 1206 is or if it's on The Ridge or down below at the original portion of the resort. All units have 4 burner stove, coffeepot, toaster, blender, micro, pots/pans, dishes, etc., but no ovens or dishwashers. VCR's may still available to rent, internet access is available to owners at no charge. Studios have a smaller kitchen and perhaps a 2 burner stove (don't remember).

We have owned at Playa Grande for ten years, started with a 1 bd, upgraded to a penthouse on The Ridge (wk 52), added a studio (wk 1), exchanged studio for 1 bd (wk 1), bought 1 bd floater on Ebay, exchanged those units for a presidential (wk 15-45) and have not regretted the purchases. Great location-- walking distance to town, view of marina and dolphinarium from The Ridge, great staff, beautiful setting, well-kept units, can't wait to return.

Saramae B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.