Timeshare Companies

Property Donation Group

Jul 28, 2011

lancec13 wrote:
I have not personally had any experience with PDG but, from all reports, PDG will charge you a hefty fee to take your timeshare.
I have NO personal experience with this PDG entity either, but earlier in this very same thread I openly challenged the PDG "representative" (who had previously "contributed" to this thread) to explain / identify the nature of the new deed "recipient" in these alleged "donations". That challenge went completely unanswered --- and that silence was (to me) significant and noteworthy.

I raised the question for a very simple and specific reason --- a deed can be determined to be legally invalid and VOIDED if / when there was fraud involved. If the new "grantee" is just a bogus shell corporation or a phony LLC, established for the sole purpose of evading lawful financial responsibilities or contractual obligations, then a road named FRAUD is likely being travelled. Anyone who thinks they can simply "breathe easy" after the dumping of a timeshare into a completely bogus entity could be in for a very big surprise later --- STILL being the lawful owner of record, not to mention STILL owing ALL back maintenance fees (...PLUS interest) if and when the invalid deed is subsequently voided.

The advice provided in the previous post above is sound. Get rid of the timeshare LEGALLY, even if you have to sell it for a dollar or give it away for free --- even if you have to pay the closing costs yourself. Do it right (and legally) so that it won't come back to bite you later...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 29, 2011 10:01 AM

Aug 22, 2011

We are wanting to donate our timeshare to property donation group so thank you for the good report on them. I just wanted to ask what you meant by choosing your own POA. Is this a question I should ask them about.

Thanks for highly recommeding them

Marie B.
Aug 23, 2011

marieb169 wrote:
We are wanting to donate our timeshare to property donation group.....I just wanted to ask what you meant by choosing your own POA.
I DO NOT recommend this entity AT ALL, but I will nonetheless note that PoA in this particular context is just an abbreviation which refers to "Power of Attorney". It is a common practice among such entities to fail (or to just overtly decline) to ever actually put the ownership into their own name. Power of Attorney from the current owner gives them the authority to (maybe) find a new (...but only maybe lawful) new owner, in whose name to subsequently record the ownership. The entity carefully avoids ANY risk to themselves by using a PoA to NEVER have to put the ownership into their own name, instead leaving it in YOUR name until such time as they can (maybe) transfer the ownership (hopefully lawfully) to someone else. Transferring the ownership into a bogus company, shell corporation, or phony LLC could essentially constitute fraud, which could later result in a voided deed determined not to have ever been valid in the first place. Good luck --- you may end up needing LOTS of it....

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 23, 2011 05:29 AM

Aug 23, 2011

Thanks for your response, have you had a timeshare and if so how did you "Get Rid" of it? Are there no laws for consumers who get sucked into these things?

Marie B.
Aug 23, 2011

marieb169 wrote:
Thanks for your response, have you had a timeshare and if so how did you "Get Rid" of it? Are there no laws for consumers who get sucked into these things?
I have owned multiple timeshare weeks over the past nearly 30 years now. I still own and use a number of weeks even today. All my weeks were purchased in the resale market --- NONE directly from any developer or "chain" company.

How easy (or difficult) it is to "get rid of" a timeshare week depends on many different factors, not the least of which is the quality of (and the market demand for) the particular resort, season, and week at issue. In the past 5 years, I have sold off three weeks at a loss (although not a huge loss), sold off three other weeks for about what I paid for them, and sold off two others at a small (...very small) profit. Two more weeks I basically had to give away for free as their parent companies (specifically Celebrity Resorts, now called Legacy Vacation Club and Wyndham Vacation Resorts each developed practices and / or financial conditions which I came to regard as unacceptable). I had obtained both of those weeks for next to nothing to begin with, so giving them away for free was not really financially painful.

To sell (or even give away for free) ANY timeshare week, you obviously have to advertise --- and to sell you obviously also must have competitive pricing compared to other similar listings. RedWeek and MyResortNetwork are both very good advertising sites, although both admittedly cost money to place ads --- and certainly neither site can "turn a sow's ear into a silk purse". Some weeks are quite simply worthless, particularly in a weak economy.

On Timeshare Users Group (http://www.tug2.net), there is a "Bargain Deals" section where TUG members can (at no cost besides the annual $15 TUG membership fee) offer their timeshares for little or nothing (that was exactly how and where I gave away my Wyndham and Celebrity weeks). You can also advertise on Craigslist and Bidshares.com for free, but Craiglist has lots and lots of assorted scammers and spammers who reply to ads there. Bidshares is seldom successful, although I DID sell ONE week (at a small loss) by advertising there.

As far as applicable consumer protection laws go, all states have "cancellation periods" (which range from as few as 3 days to as many as 15 days, depending on the individual state) in which a buyer can choose to cancel a developer direct timeshare purchase, without any penalty or any other repercussions. That cancellation or "rescission" right does NOT apply to private resales, however. Aside from that one piece of consumer protection, timeshares are an arena where the phrase "Buyer Beware" applies more than anything else I can think of (...except maybe used cars).

Seldom (if ever) does it make any financial sense (nor is it ever actually necessary or smart) to actually PAY someone a few thousand dollars to take your timeshare...

I hope some of this helps you. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 23, 2011 04:46 PM

Oct 22, 2011

I have used PDG. I was a little skeptical. But they did everything they said they would. I disposed of my no longer wanted timeshare, and I did pay them $750. I have been very satisfied. jr

Jeffrey R.
Oct 27, 2011

I have been reading the comments/statements concerning Property Donation Group. With these tough economic times and timeshare programs going though many changes and slowdown, it was good for us to find someone to be helpful in downsizing our timeshare inventory. We had purchased several different timeshares in different areas during the high money times for people. We rented them out and normally had a place for us or our relatives/friends to vacation to at a low costs to them. Now that I'm a disabled Viet Nam vet with Agent Orange medical issues we are having to downsize and reorganize our estate. Ron was very helpful and was able to help us out on two of our units and plan to do the same with his company with 5 or 6 more. Paying a fee to donate these is better than paying annual/assessment fees and not getting a thing back or use. If you want to come down on someone take a look at Changing TImes Vacations. They get you to list your units for a $225 fee, then they never answer/return calls or emails Thanks to the folks at PDG, I have less stress.

Jon

Jon C.
Nov 12, 2011

Did you ever use this Property Donation Group? Would you say they are reputable?

Appreciate any information you would be willing to share.

Judy Kinder

Judy K.
Nov 12, 2011

Just look at the last post.

Don P.
Nov 13, 2011

judyk169 wrote:
Did you ever use this Property Donation Group? Would you say they are reputable?

Judy Kinder

I've never used PDG but, from several reports, PDG charges thousands of dollars to take your timeshare.

You can just as easily give it away yourself by advertising her on RedWeek in the Bargain basement. You can also try Bidshares. It's free but not a lot of bona fide responses.

Timeshare Users Group (aka TUG; tugbbs.com), has a "Bargain Deals" section where you can advertise for free that you want to give your timeshare away. Just follow the instructions at the top of that page.

Lance C.
Feb 16, 2012

jonc92 wrote:
What can anyone tell me about this operation. My research finds they are very reasonable with rates to close on each unit. Less than most donation groups charge. thanks

I did my due diligence researching timeshare liquidation companies. We were first stung by one of the online resellers who will "list for sale" your timeshare for a fee. They put it on a website with hundreds or thousands of other similar properties and you never hear anything more from them or any potential buyers because the market is saturated.

We have three "right to use" timeshares in Mexico that expire in a few years, but the one Property Donation Group took off our hands was in south Florida and deeded. We bought it cheap on Ebay, only used it a couple times. Not that great a location, resort or week.

I contacted Property Donation group and carried on a dialogue with Vanessa and Ron and searched the internet for quite some time. I could not find any disatisfied customers. They were very forthright with all my questions and gave me some references who I called, verfied their independence and their satisfaction with the Property Donation Group.

We filled out the papers, signed the power of attorney and paid what amounted to one year's maintenance fee for the transfer and transaction. I thought this a fair price. Ron said we could use our own attorney if we liked but by that time I trusted what I had heard and learned.

The whole transfer took about eight weeks this past year before it was deeded out of our names. I have called the resort and it now belongs to someone else.

We are happy with the professional conduct and courtesy of the Property Donation Group. If I needed this service again I would defintely be a return customer.

Minnesota Nice.

Richard C.
Feb 17, 2012

Actually, I found out from the timeshare resort I owned, that all that was needed was a notarized letter from current owners saying that they are transferring their property to another person. You need to give name and address of new owner, along with a fee of $100 to cover their deed transfer. That, of course. will not yield any financial benefits, but it's cheaper than trying to pay some other entity to take it off your hands!

Lucy D.
Apr 07, 2012

I internet searced DefeatDatese.org and see no such charity. Was that mis-spelled? thx richard

Richard O.
May 01, 2012

I have been researching this same issue.

In response to the other questions about the validity of Property Donations Group... I submit this.

http://digg.com/timesharedebt

I am sure you are saying "wow... a collection of links that is nearly useless to me"

Let me go through it in 3 steps.

1.) Top site on the list. Timesharemortgagerelief.com Tactics... legally nullify the time share contract.

2.) 2nd site on the list Info on property Donation Group. Tactics - donate the property.

3.) repeat listings for #1 and #2 basically fill the whole page.

Ok.. still thinking no big deal... right?

http://digg.com/newsbar/topnews/property_donation_group_business_review_in_las_vegas_nv_southern_nevada_bbb

A 2nd Link? really? Did I just do that to you? Yes... look at the address... 8414 Farm Rd # 180-323, Las Vegas, NV 89131-8170 Send email to Property Donation Group http://www.propertydonationgroup.com

Wow.. astounding... Las Vegas... yes.. ok.. lots of time shares to be sold and dumped there... I give them that

Oh.. another link coming on... http://www.timesharemortgagerelief.com/about-us.html

Look at the address... Timeshare Mortgage Relief, LLC. 8414 West Farm Road Las Vegas, Nevada 89131

Um... that's a bit familiar...

So... while I have not used them... I am highly leery of 2 companies being in the same building serving similar purposes and not mentioning each other on their websites... It's just suspicious.

Like some others have mentioned unless they tell me how they accomplished the feat... I'm scared. Obviously once the first company that sold you a time share that had a binding contract with GIGANTIC FEES you got pegged as gullible... and now you have the secondary scam artists (not sure if these guys can be included or not) that target you... AND ME.

So now we are all extra cautious about how we deal with this binding contract... we KNOW this is something no one wants... and we know it was written to be legally binding. Being cautious and suspicious I think is totally appropriate.

Now I think some of you don't understand... you own in GOOD timeshares and assume these things are all wanted and hold some value... but I can tell you RIGHT NOW... if I told you what my contract was and offered to hand it to you for free and give you $3k in cash... you would tell me to take a hike. That is why we are not trying to list it for $1 on redweek.com... because to sell it we would have to LIE.. lie just like the people who sold it to us... the people we HATE.

If PDG is legit and so is www.timesharemortgagerelief.com I would be pretty happy... But I can't find any information to support or condemn them... I signed up for an acct on this site in 2 seconds... I could sign up for 10 more... whatever I post doesn't need to be legit... I can post saying how awesome I am all day long.... there is nothing stopping them from doing the same.... anonymous internet postings are not good enough for me.

I wish there was a way to verify if they were legit... but I can't think of one. I can't even see how many times these people posted... or what their other posts were about.

Chris W.
May 01, 2012

Hi again. I posted a short message some time ago and I get messaged regarding new posts. Here are my facts:

I am a prior customer of PDG. I paid PDG to donate my timeshare that I no longer wanted ($750 - Which was less than my annual maint. and taxes). They did transfer the timeshare out of my name in a timely fashion. PDG did everything they told me they would.

At the end of the day it is up to you to determine what is best for you, but I have yet to see anyone say that PDG has failed to fulfill the objective of the transfer of an unwanted timeshare. You would think that if PDG was dishonest that it would have shown up here by now.

At the end of the day you have to make a decision for yourself. I did and I have no regret regarding it.

Good luck and have a great day.

J Ross

Jeffrey R.

Last edited by jeffreyr98 on May 01, 2012 03:17 PM

May 02, 2012

jeffreyr98 wrote:
Hi again. I posted a short message some time ago and I get messaged regarding new posts. Here are my facts:

I am a prior customer of PDG. I paid PDG to donate my timeshare that I no longer wanted ($750 - Which was less than my annual maint. and taxes). They did transfer the timeshare out of my name in a timely fashion. PDG did everything they told me they would.

At the end of the day it is up to you to determine what is best for you, but I have yet to see anyone say that PDG has failed to fulfill the objective of the transfer of an unwanted timeshare. You would think that if PDG was dishonest that it would have shown up here by now.

At the end of the day you have to make a decision for yourself. I did and I have no regret regarding it.

Good luck and have a great day.

J Ross

I smell a SHILL bigtime !!!!

R P.
May 02, 2012

As far an any entity getting you out of a timeshare mortgage .... there is no such animal .... you signed a legally binding contract to buy your timeshare, period, legally binding contracts are just that, legally binding.

R P.
May 02, 2012

A shill -a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a gambling house, auction, confidence game, etc.

I am none of those things and do not appreciate your accusation. I only relayed my experience.

J Ross

Jeffrey R.
May 03, 2012

jeffreyr98 wrote:
A shill -a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a gambling house, auction, confidence game, etc.

I am none of those things and do not appreciate your accusation. I only relayed my experience.

J Ross

Sorry J, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it must be a duck.

PDG is known to defend their scam on numerous timeshare forum sites.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on May 03, 2012 07:59 AM

May 03, 2012

J J - Glad to see you are an expert on waterfowl, but you do not know what you are talking about regarding this situation.

J Ross

Jeffrey R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.