Timeshare Exchanges

RedWeek Exchange Is Now Dial An Exchange (DAE)

Oct 07, 2010

On November 15, 2010, RedWeek Exchange transitioned to Dial an Exchange (DAE). All RedWeek Exchange points were converted to Dial an Exchange Week Credits, and are now managed by DAE.

By acquiring the RedWeek Exchange Program and maintaining a prominent presence on the RedWeek site, DAE is able to offer additional benefits to RedWeek members including: · Toll free number and personal email contact with exchange counselors · The ability to request a week that is not currently available · The ability to put a week on hold for 24 hours before booking

Alisa S.

Last edited by astephens on Nov 24, 2010 05:34 AM

Oct 07, 2010

So what does this mean? Will I also have to pay another membership fee? Will the cost of an exchange be the same, more, or less then what Red week is charging?

Alissa H.
Oct 07, 2010

Hi Alissa,

No, you do not need to pay another membership fee for DAE.

DAE's exchange fee structure can be viewed here (note that the "Regional DAE office" that applies to you is based on where you live): http://www.daelive.com/helpdesk/exchangepricing.aspx

Kylie
RedWeek.com
Oct 11, 2010

what happens to account numbers, login & passwords ?? i'm not a member of DAE. will we be advised on how this transition happens ???

Bob C.
Oct 11, 2010

Around the transition date, November 15, 2010, you will receive an e-mail from DAE with more information, including their customer service phone number dedicated to RedWeek members, and instructions for logging in to DAElive.com. The exchange week availability will also continue to be shown right here on RedWeek.com and, as a member, you should be able to access those weeks without needing to log in again.

More information to follow. In the meantime, please continue to post questions here and I can answer specifics.

Kylie
RedWeek.com
Oct 15, 2010

Will I know what is available? how will DAE rate my week in value? I don't appreciate this, I am stuck in weeks instead of points that I was enjoying and now am FORCED into what seems to be a RCI wanabe. Thanks Redweek, after I bank my week and it is exchanged you pull this with a short notice.

John W.

Last edited by john11775 on Oct 15, 2010 05:35 AM

Nov 01, 2010

I am sad that Redweek is being absorbed by DAE. I very much liked the flexibility of the point system you assigned. However, what I will miss most are the frequent emails alerting me to exchange possibilities in the areas of interest to me. I found this to be a big time-saver.

Is there any possibility that DAE might provide some of these same features we have enjoyed though Redweek?

Audrey A.
Nov 01, 2010

Just to clarify, it is ONLY the exchange part of RedWeek.com that will be handled in full by DAE. That being said, it is true that the exchange point system will be going away with the transition, since DAE operates on a week-for-week system.

The e-mail alerts letting you know about new availability will not be going away. The exchange availability will continue to be shown on RedWeek.com as it has been, and we will continue to support the e-mail alerts you have set up. When you go to book a week, you'll just be doing it directly with DAE (online or over the phone), and it will be based on your week credits rather than points.

DAE also has some other pro-active searching features that go beyond what we were able to offer with RedWeek.com, so I think you will be pleased with the help available to find what you're searching for.

Kylie
RedWeek.com
Nov 15, 2010

Nov 15th came & went....no contact/instructions from DAE ???

Bob C.
Nov 16, 2010

Yes, we get a free membership like anyone else but to get info it's $89. thanks redweak!

John W.
Nov 16, 2010

Bob - I will check with DAE to see when they are going to send out their login instructions. But, for now, you can continue to find your exchange weeks right here on RedWeek, and when you click through to reserve, you won't need to log in to DAE as well. We support a single log-in.

John - I'm not sure what you mean about getting info. DAE has a premium membership, but you certainly don't need it to get information about weeks, or book an exchange. According to their site: "DAE will always offer our 'free membership' option, where Timeshare Owners can join, request an exchange before having to deposit their time upfront; search our online exchange system; book bonus, exchange and rental transactions; access resort and destination articles and information; and use all the other great resources available with DAE's free membership"

Kylie
RedWeek.com
Jan 15, 2011

Why am I seeing available trades on RedWeek that are not on Dae ?? I'm not sure this is visa-versa but I'll check. I can site examples to prove !!

Bob C.
Jan 15, 2011

Hi Bob,

It should not be the case that there are weeks showing on RedWeek that are not on DAE, but there may be a few weeks on DAE that are not currently showing on RedWeek.

Kylie

Kylie
RedWeek.com
Jan 16, 2011

Why are there resorts on DAE if no difference? $89 is so you can get first crack at resorts before it goes to redweek. But now you can save the money spent on redweek membership and pay the $89 to DAE. Thanks redweak.

John W.
Jan 17, 2011

mon jan17 2011 5:20 est quality hill resort villas, pinetop az exchange april 2011, NOT on Dae...put both side by side a & searched april 2011...found the anomily in 1 minute..

Bob C.
Jan 18, 2011

Hi Bob,

Thanks for sending the example. I checked with DAE, and apparently there are a few weeks that are temporarily showing on just RedWeek, but there is some system update planned within the next couple of weeks that will correct this. They believe there are only a few weeks that this applies to currently. Please feel free to contact them directly if you have any questions about availability.

Kylie

Kylie
RedWeek.com
Feb 26, 2012

I used the. DAE exchange program, Quite happy with it. It was a basic deposit and requesting the place to go. After paying the required fee, 5transaction was completed.

Lucy D.
Jun 10, 2012

I am a Flagship owner in Atlantic City.

We've had this timeshare since 1993 and have enjoyed the it immensely. just got back from Sedona, Arizona, stayed at the Sedona Summit. Very nice!! We have been trying to get to Saint John USVI for years at the Westin, impossible to get an exchange there.

Justine D.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jun 12, 2012 04:43 PM

Jul 20, 2012

Hi Waht is the contact number for redweek and dial an exchange for users outside the USA.

Regards

Khalil K.
Jul 21, 2012

khalilk wrote:
Hi Waht is the contact number for redweek and dial an exchange for users outside the USA.

Regards

Their website is daelive.com. You could probably get more contact info there.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.