Timeshare Companies

Summit Marketing Associates Inc

Aug 23, 2011

Who's herd of these guys? Any good reports thus far? I cant find much online about them.

Haylee P.
Aug 24, 2011

If they ask for a large upfront fee then they're a scam, period.

R P.
Aug 24, 2011

In reply .... i was contacted last year from them on a lifetime rental option. i registered with them and within about 60 days i had a rental offer in the amount they promised. i was very reluctant at first.. I have had a bad experience in the past... But s.m.a timeshare did come through with a rental offer which i excepted. But do be careful with who you sign up with. Hope i was helpful...

David G.
Aug 30, 2011

My Name is Randy... i was contacted recently a few months ago for the rental of my property from smatimeshare... i didnt know what to do because i have heard bad stories about rental/resale companies that charge an upfront marketing fee. I moved forward with them because of the market they target for rentals. i would defff... use them again and refer them to my friends and family who own timeshare aswell. thanks again for my extra cash on my money pit timeshare i own. I did not benefit from this post what so ever but wanted to let everyone know that it worked for me through s.ma. timeshare.

Randy H.
Jan 11, 2012

Summit Marketing Associates IS A SCAM. The owners are known scam artists, the company charges an upfront fee and does NOTHING for the money, except put your property on their horrible website. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SUMMIT MARKETING ASSOCIATES or smatimeshare.com, Summit Marketing ASSOCIATES IS A SCAM. Run don't walk away from them, and report them to the Better Business Bureau, the Florida Dept of Agriculture and the Florida Attorney Generals office. smatimeshare.com is a scam. Period.

Timeshare R.
Jan 11, 2012

summit marketing associates inc is a scam. do not trust them. smatimeshare.com is a scam

Timeshare R.
Jan 11, 2012

summit marketing associates and smatimeshare.com is a scam. FRAUDULANT COMPANY. REPORT THEM TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL. if you signed up with them, threaten to report them to the florida attorney general, and the florida department of agriculture. smatimeshare is a scam, ripoff with bad reviews and negative reviews. SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SMATIMESHARE.COM.

owners are Jamie Bessinger and Derek Chontas of Longwood, FL

SUMMIT MARKETING AND ASSOCIATES. 416 Commerce Way, Suite 140. Longwood, FL 32750. Tel: 855-602-7991 Fax: 321-972-1848 is a scam. negative reviews. ripoff company

Timeshare R.
Jan 11, 2012

all the positive messages on this board are posted by smatimeshare.com employees and are in direct violation of florida commercial telephone seller laws. also, they charge credit cards up front, which is illegal and renders your contract with them invalid. REPORT smatimeshare.com

Timeshare R.
Jan 11, 2012

FAKE POST by smatimeshare.com who is a scam company.

Timeshare R.
Jan 24, 2012

There seem to be two companies being discussed. There is a Florida location and a Washington state location. Are they the same company?

Amelia M.
Feb 02, 2012

I just wanted to hop onto this forum briefly. I know that I personally have been receiving alot of phone calls from companies stating that they could get my property rented for my family and I. We really haven't been using it as much as we used to, now the the kids are grown and out of the nest. My wife and I are retired now, and really don't travel as much because of our health. We really needed to find a company to help out. We received a call from a representative at SMA by the name John S and he was very professional. He answered all of are questions and sent out the contract for us to sign to get our propery rented out. As he stated, the property was rented out, and my wife and I finally have a residual income now again. We currently are on a fixed income, and this will certainly help us maintain the lifestyle that we were always accustomed to living. Thank You SMA for making us believers that there are companies out there that are still on the up and up.

The Millers/Florida

Jason M.
Feb 02, 2012

What kind of a fee did you have to pay them? Was it before or after the rental took place?

Lance C.
Feb 02, 2012

I've been successful renting my timeshares through the resorts rental program. Check with your home resort and see if they offer a rental program. It makes it very simple and safe that way.

Don P.
Feb 03, 2012

I am curious as to the fee you paid and the amount you got for the points or weeks. I was contacted yesterday by the same company and am hesitant to do business with them. The old adage"if it seems to good to be true it is probably not true" applies here. Let me know what you think.

John H.
Feb 03, 2012

johnh1106 wrote:
I am curious as to the fee you paid and the amount you got for the points or weeks. I was contacted yesterday by the same company and am hesitant to do business with them. The old adage"if it seems to good to be true it is probably not true" applies here. Let me know what you think.

If they charge a large upfront fee to market your timeshare then they're a scam, period.

R P.
Feb 03, 2012

I paid a percentage of the rental they received. It was about 30% but it was worth it. They did all the work and took the commission out of the rent check. I didn't put up any up front money. It was all through the home resort.

Don P.
Feb 10, 2012

so this company calls me today and asks if i want to sell my 2 weeks. it would be 2300.00 for each week. im like that sounds good. so then they tell me it will cost 900.00 for the market fee, and they would send me a cashiers check for the 4600.00 after that. I ask why they cant take the 900.00 out of the 4600.00. Beccause he told me selling the weeks were 100% guarenteed. Im like ok. so i give my credit card info, and my cc company wants me to call and verify that charge before they put it through. In the mean time I read some not so great reviews about this company and how they were a scam. So I don't authorize, I wanted to research a little more first. The company calls me back and asked why i havent authorized yet. I tell them I need to research a little more first. they got kinda nasty with me, the guy says and I quote "oh so you don't believe us now? well we are not hard-up for your weeks" I said I never said I didn't believe you, I said I want to research it a little more and I will call you back with an anwser. So then he tells me it is a one time offer, if I do not take advantage of it right not, the deal is off the table. Ummm ok bud, the deal is off then. If a company is legit, they will not mind if you research them. He only told me it was a scam by trying to scare me into thinking I wouldn't be able to take advantage of their offer. I told him well I am not going to throw out 1000.00 on your say so, and if You take offence to me researching your company before I invest, then you are not someone I want to do business with. I hung up. They have called me back 4 times threatening to take my name out of their data base and they wont let me use their company should I change my mind. Um, well please do, don't need your harrassing phone calls. Total scam alert!

Michelle H.
Feb 10, 2012

You should post the name of the person you talked to and the phone numbers so other people won't fall for their scam.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Feb 10, 2012 05:03 PM

Apr 10, 2012

Removed by RedWeek.com

Summit M.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jul 25, 2012 06:30 PM

Apr 10, 2012

removed by RedWeek.com

Summit M.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jul 25, 2012 06:30 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.