Timeshare Companies

Summit Marketing Associates Inc

May 04, 2012

lancec13 wrote:
What kind of a fee did you have to pay them? Was it before or after the rental took place?
Mine got rented, I wanted to sell though. I paid upfront fee for advertising and marketing, it was all before it got rented.

I was super anxious man, my wife was also driving me crazy about it.. good luck!

Craig G.
May 05, 2012

craigg97 wrote:
lancec13 wrote:
What kind of a fee did you have to pay them? Was it before or after the rental took place?
Mine got rented, I wanted to sell though. I paid upfront fee for advertising and marketing, it was all before it got rented.

I was super anxious man, my wife was also driving me crazy about it.. good luck!

SHILL SHILL SHILL

R P.
May 13, 2012

jayjay wrote:
craigg97 wrote:
lancec13 wrote:

SHILL SHILL SHILL

Summit M.
May 14, 2012

Just had a call from Summit Marketing from one person, who after my questions turned me over to talk with Jessie McNair 877-881-4408 ext 314. He told me I have 30,000 bonus points from RCI, and that I can get $2800 by renting or selling them. He also mentioned that I somehow acquired them for 1800 points (but maybe he really meant that it would cost me that points sum to get them). I said I am not spending any money; he replied that I would receive $2800, not spend it. I replied that my account at RCI.com does not show any such figure. He said these are points I cannot use myself but that I can rent or sell them, and that they do not show on the RCI account because they are in a special category where RCI has trouble with its website for a year now. Ultimately he said to check with RCI. So I did, and I do not have any such points bonus. The RCI rep said it is a scam.

Judi M.
May 30, 2012

We have received many calls from Jessie McNair with same number. I confronted him on his info about SMA and he has said several times "have you checked the BBB site, we are LLC not INC with an A rating". He always has a different story. I just let the machine get the call now. I think he got the message to not call anymore. Don't listen to those marketing sales calls they are all SCAMS!! SMC LLC is a SCAM!!!!! I hope they get raided and all go to jail!

Lynn C.
Jun 16, 2012

Where to start. I am a past employee of this company. I quit because of its dishonesty. There are several business's that are involved here.

Summit marketing Prefered transfers Great timeshare bargains We collect timeshares Vacation choices Travlers prefered

And there are many more.

You will find locations for theese companies in many states but if you research you will find the addresses are PO boxes.

Theese companies are all owned by jonathan and Christine Gibbs. The company's all work off of each other. Many send out flyeres offering a "complamentaiy" trip or gift. These are NOT free. You have to pay many different fees taxes and such not to mention you have to jump thru many hoops and if you miss one setp you do not get your gift.

There are three different motives for the companies four if you count the name changes (trying to keep people off their sent).

1. Convince you that you were stupid for ever buying a timeshare that is now worthless. They then convince you to pay to get out of It. You pay them money and they get your timeshare.

2. The then sell your "worthless timeshare" either to a private party or back to the resort.

3. This is their vacation companies. The convince you to send thousands of dollars for a membership to a travel club so you can save money. After getting home you find out the savings are not all their cracked up to be. You however signed a contract that has a 3 day buyers remorse clause. In your contract it tells you to fill out the attached cancelation form for a refund. The problem is the forms are rarely provided and by the time you figure it out you are locked in and out thousands of dollars.

There is just to much to list. However on a side note. The company has been caught in two states Georgia and Vermont. The compan will not do business there. They claim it's because they do not have the Proper licensing but it is because the attorney general of thowe states got involved and filed a lawsuit. The company had to reimburse the clients.

Signed

Ex employee

Anon U.

Last edited by anonu2 on Jun 16, 2012 11:13 PM

Oct 29, 2012

I agree SMA is a total SCAM. Promises to 'market' your timeshare and provide rental opportunities to make thousands of dollars... I have received 'referrals' that are worthless! They send specific resorts, strange dates and never anything that remotely resembles my weeks.. When I called to cancel, the receptionist said "you signed a contract, you CANT cancel. SO go ahead and call your credit card compan and we will respond accordingly" We never promised you we would rent your timeshare...just provide referrals... I have contacted my credit card co, FL Attorney General office too. I will fight this until I get my money back!

Steve T.
Nov 10, 2012

SMA is definitely a scam company. They perfected themselves in pleasant and believable marketing techniques offering quick return on the timeshare rental. In fact they have no intention of fulfilling their promises, but to collect the fees. They make you sign a clever contract that protects them from banks putting stops on the payment. They must be put out of business and people in charge should pay for their illegal and harmful to the public activities. I have noticed that the Attorney General of New York State is already aware of their scam, but there is no official charge placed against them. I am considering a class action suit against them for a substantial amount of money ($7,800,000) but I think that a serious bank (deep packet) that plays along with them should be part of the suit. I was scammed for $780 and I am not letting this go. Mark

davidg880 wrote:
In reply .... i was contacted last year from them on a lifetime rental option. i registered with them and within about 60 days i had a rental offer in the amount they promised. i was very reluctant at first.. I have had a bad experience in the past... But s.m.a timeshare did come through with a rental offer which i excepted. But do be careful with who you sign up with. Hope i was helpful...

Mark R.
Dec 05, 2012

I have used them and they are a total scam...DO NOT USE THEM!! I had better luck renting my timeshare on RedWeek...they took my $600.00 and guaranteed that there was plenty of requested for my timeshare ..they had my request for 3 months and did nothing...ziltch..they told me to give them more time and i ended up renting it our for 1/4 the cost because i waited to long for them and the never even got me 1 inquiry...they are a total scam...DO NOT USE THEM!!!!

Jeani R.
Dec 05, 2012

I am now in the same situation i wish i had read your email...is there a class action against them? If so let me know and I would love to join...

Did you get the money back from your credit card company? if so how as i am going to call them now..

thanks

rjeani13@aol.com

Jeani R.
Dec 06, 2012

I have. We have been using them for about 3 or 4 years now. They do have a fee, but that was a one time charge for an unlimited program of rentals. We haven't ever had to pay anything out of pocket ever again after that first time. My family and I don't travel like we used to now that the kids are grown and are health has been declining. We are very happy Summit Marketing Associates have always come thru for us on rentals and offers. As promised, they send offers over within the first 12 days or so. We would highly recommend them to owners that want to believe in a company who can get rentals done.

Jason M.
Dec 06, 2012

The fee was before the rental took place, but the contract is sent right away, and the offers came over again within 12 days or so.

Jason M.
Dec 26, 2012

If you tell them you are using all your weeks, they say they can sell the RCI mini vacations, or something else. Only goal is to get that upfront payment. After that, you won't hear from them again.

Monte C.
Dec 27, 2012

montec14 wrote:
If you tell them you are using all your weeks, they say they can sell the RCI mini vacations, or something else. Only goal is to get that upfront payment. After that, you won't hear from them again.

Exactly, RCI's Extra Vacations are not allowed to be rented out by an RCI member or anyone else.

R P.
Jan 03, 2013

l, a guy named Eric Schultz called to offer to rent out my timeshare. he says if I pay 1499$ one time fee for unlimited rental and he can rent my 4 weeks out for $1471 per week. every year. is this something similar to your offer? I paid them $1499 already but now after all reviews I think I might be scammed. the contract says I can send written cancel letter within 7 days to cancel it. should I do that? a lot of people say do not pay upfront, if you have to pay upfront it must be scam. I need advice please.

Ranie W.
Jan 04, 2013

Cancel immediately. Send it receipt return. Make sure you keep all paperwork. They will probably deny your refund. These are scam companies that make unbelievalbe offers. Just remember: if it's too good to be true then " it's too good to be true ". This is how they operate. They make an offer that is way beyond what is reality and they get your money and then they come up with all kinds of excuses. If you read your paperwork from them it probably states that the fee is for " advertising ". Read the samll print and make sure you follow up with the paperwork and file a complaint with your Attorney General if they refuse to refund your money.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jan 04, 2013 08:03 AM

Jan 04, 2013

raniew wrote:
.... says I can send written cancel letter within 7 days to cancel it. should I do that? a lot of people say do not pay upfront, if you have to pay upfront it must be scam. I need advice please.

If you're within the 7 day rescission period then immediately cancel this contract ..... it's a scam, period .... all he wants is that upfront fee then you're history to him.

R P.
Mar 28, 2014

Sorry to Bother You, Did You get Your $ back & if So How? As they have done Nothing for me and my last 2-emails they Ignored, since August 2013! I Would Really Appreciate ANY Advice You Could Share with me as my Family Could Not Afford the $1800 I put on my Credit Card, Suposedly for them to Rent Our Timeshares for $1400 week! Sincerely Bonnie DeJordy(Canada)

Bonnie D.
Mar 28, 2014

Have You got Your $ Back as My Family Really could Not Afford the $1800 we put on our Credit Card in August 2014, for them to Not Rent my Guest passes and now they are Not Even Responding to my last few email(politely asking if they found any Renters yet!) Any Advice You Could Give me Would be Really Appreciated, Sincerely Bonnie DeJordy

Bonnie D.
Mar 28, 2014

Did You Hear Back from Any one as I'm in the Same Boat & Need some Advice? Thank You Bonnie DeJordy

Bonnie D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.