The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Jan 26, 2019

I guess you feel that those of us who disagree with all you say Chris (and that is volumes), should keep quiet. How very sad. All that anger could be unhealthy.

chrisv126 wrote:
NO owner here should in ANY way be defending TMC's "generous offerings". TMC is our enemy, financially and otherwise.

William M.
Jan 26, 2019

I think the primary reason so few owners are joining the lawsuit is because we were scammed already and do not want to spend more money without some hope of success. Maybe a better approach would be to outline the legal basis/ precedent for the lawsuit .

Chuck N.
Jan 26, 2019

Chuck, if you want to learn the legal basis, use the "Search Forums" function near the upper right of this page to search for Jean Marc Zimmerman. You'll get about 60 hits, all of which mention him, and also include the posts he has personally made. Skim them all, skip the comments but read his posts. That way you don't have to plow through these 250 pages of history. Then you can make whatever decision you think is right for you.

Nathan Z.

Last edited by nathanz2 on Jan 26, 2019 12:16 PM

Jan 26, 2019

I am interested in joining the class action suit. I am Joan McCloskey @ joaniemac53@aol.com Please send me the paperwork. Joan McCloskey

Joan M.
Jan 27, 2019

Joan, (1) There is no class action suit. (2) Many individuals have retained an attorney named Jean Marc Zimmerman to represent them. (3) No one here is sending out legal paperwork. You need to request it from Zimmerman's office. (4) Mr. Zimmerman's last post was on December 14, page 247, with his contact information. Good luck.

Nathan Z.

Last edited by nathanz2 on Jan 27, 2019 02:49 PM

Jan 27, 2019

Joan - I retained Mr. Zimmerman many months ago - he is the best hope we have. While, I applaud the efforts of the coalition, I believe their members need to consider becoming part of the Zimmerman group in order to achieve any real success.

Gail J.
Jan 27, 2019

william m

i don't comprehend your point, "doctor" william. sure i'm dissatisfied and highly annoyed (your way of saying angry) with our current TMC quagmire. are you happy with our situation? does TMC deserve any good comments from owners? how did you determine that those who disagree with me should keep quiet? i never asked anyone to keep quiet, and god knows, they haven't been quiet, e.g., your comments here. as for the "volumes" you refer to, it's important that they are read in their entirety in order to understand that ALL i write is in favor of all owners. NEVER have i suggested actions that are negative to all owners' cause. the contents of my suggestions might not be in consort with others' recommendations, and i leave room to read others' solutions. i believe that comments/suggestions should be pooled and in the end, select the best from all contributors. does that seem like anger to you? i hope you rethink your definition of my expression of dissatisfaction and total annoyance with the arrogance and fraud we have all experienced.

thank you for your concern about my health. i offer the same concern to you, as any friend would.

williamm465 wrote:
I guess you feel that those of us who disagree with all you say Chris (and that is volumes), should keep quiet. How very sad. All that anger could be unhealthy.

chrisv126 wrote:
NO owner here should in ANY way be defending TMC's "generous offerings". TMC is our enemy, financially and otherwise.

Chris V.
Jan 28, 2019

Fellow Owners, As more cheated Manhattan Club owners find their way onto this Redweek site, I think a repeat of one of my previous posts is warranted. Here it is…

Thousands of us have been cheated and scammed for years by an unscrupulous band of crooks lead by Ian Bruce Eichner. The NY Attorney General conducted a multi-million dollar, 3-year-long civil and criminal investigation into their illegal conduct and then settled with Eichner and his cronies as they admitted their criminal conduct. They were allowed to walk away SCOTT FREE by paying a token financial settlement, and by promising to stop breaking the law. To add insult to injury, the AG agreed that the restitution will only be paid to owners who, despite being defrauded for years by TMC, continued to pay maintenance fees to the criminal enterprise. And the AG didn’t want paying the financial settlement to be too burdensome for the crooks, so they get to spread out its payment over 3 years. The NY Attorney General’s undercover investigators have evidence of all the fraudulent sales tactics recorded on video. The crooks admitted to it all as a part of the settlement! What CRIMINAL punishment is being imposed? NOTHING!

TMC’s obligation to timeshare owners was to make 7 days per year available to stay at TMC. Instead of making those days reasonably available, TMC engaged in an organized scheme to routinely tell us rooms were not available, even if they were. At the same time, TMC was, and still is, selling the same rooms for the same dates to the general public on the Internet for a daily rate that is half what we were paying in annual maintenance. Can anyone say, “RICO”?

Despite paying my fees for 10 years, I have been routinely cheated out of the use of my timeshare while the Eichner family and a small circle of TMC insiders have enriched themselves at my expense. Again, based on evidence gathered by the AG, we have learned that, for years, Eichner has been personally skimming over 6 million dollars a year from TMC through a shell management company called Urban. This company had no employees and provided no services to the operation of the timeshare property, yet our timeshare corporation was paying them $6 million a year!

I’m having a hard time understanding why everyone on this site is not cheering at the thought of finally having a lawyer who is willing to take on TMC on our behalf with each of us only being asked to contribute a $1250 retainer. With the sale to BlueGreen recently announced, now is the time for us to take aggressive legal action and bring pressure to bear. The last thing a prospective purchaser wants to hear is that the property is mired in lawsuits. Please stop rationalizing over why you can’t, won’t, or shouldn’t take any steps to fight back. I want some justice, don’t you?! I want the people who cheated me to be held accountable, don’t you?!

I urge all TMC owners to contact Mr. Zimmerman at jmz@tmcsuit.com, and ask him to represent you too.

Bob Biello

Robert B.
Jan 28, 2019

The coalition has never discouraged anyone from joining Zimmerman’s case. Additionally, the coalition is not in competition with Mr. Zimmerman’s case and never represented themselves as such. I too believe that Mr. Zimmerman’s efforts are the best we owners have at this point. I haven’t personally joined because I wanted to take some time to consider all options. One thing that will definitely convince me to join us if he gets his hands on the owners list. At this point in my life, and given my current financial situation, I’m not prepared to pay out $1250 however, if Mr Zimmerman is successful in getting the list, I will borrow the money regardless if it takes me years to pay back because I believe the list is a key factor in winning this case. I WILL GO ON RECORD ENCOURING ANYONE THAT CAN TO JOIN MR ZIMMERMAN.

Becky F
Jan 28, 2019

Why pay the exorbitant maintenance fees when you can rent the same unit or better place at the Manhattan Club for much less on line? You don't get anything special for paying those fees. If you join the Zimmerman lawsuit (which is much less than half the cost of the annual TMC maintenance fees), you stand a good chance of not only helping yourself, but all the other owners who' have been scammed. The more potential, collective individual lawsuits against TMC, the less attractive TMC is to the new buyer. I too, like many of you, have been sent TMC "feelers emails" to see how many disgruntled buyers would sell their units for $100, then those offers strangely disappeared. That was really very creepy and surely a ploy by the owners and their lawyers. Sure, getting the list of all the buyers would be beneficial for the Zimmerman lawsuit, but I believe that investing in this lawsuit is definitely your best, if only, chance to achieve any significant result. Every other suggestion on this website is just spinning wheels. If you can afford to pay overpriced fees to TMC, you can afford taking a small, but significant risk in joining those of us willing to take on Eichner, his cronies and these new owners by joining the Zimmerman lawsuit. I'm sure I'll be attacked by others on this site, but I feel good knowing I'm fighting a good cause for you and for me.

Beth C.
Jan 29, 2019

hi beth,

your comments make sense. "I'm sure I'll be attacked by others on this site, but I feel good knowing I'm fighting a good cause for you and for me." (your quote.) there will always be some on this redweek forum who will criticize anyone else's ideas, and rarely contribute anything constructive. keep offering your ideas and suggestions for the benefit of all of us defrauded and misled TMC owners. responsible free speech is our inalienable right. i speak from unfortunate experiences on redweek.com.

keep writing your constructive suggestions.

chris

bethc222 wrote:
Why pay the exorbitant maintenance fees when you can rent the same unit or better place at the Manhattan Club for much less on line? You don't get anything special for paying those fees. If you join the Zimmerman lawsuit (which is much less than half the cost of the annual TMC maintenance fees), you stand a good chance of not only helping yourself, but all the other owners who' have been scammed. The more potential, collective individual lawsuits against TMC, the less attractive TMC is to the new buyer. I too, like many of you, have been sent TMC "feelers emails" to see how many disgruntled buyers would sell their units for $100, then those offers strangely disappeared. That was really very creepy and surely a ploy by the owners and their lawyers. Sure, getting the list of all the buyers would be beneficial for the Zimmerman lawsuit, but I believe that investing in this lawsuit is definitely your best, if only, chance to achieve any significant result. Every other suggestion on this website is just spinning wheels. If you can afford to pay overpriced fees to TMC, you can afford taking a small, but significant risk in joining those of us willing to take on Eichner, his cronies and these new owners by joining the Zimmerman lawsuit. I'm sure I'll be attacked by others on this site, but I feel good knowing I'm fighting a good cause for you and for me.

Chris V.
Jan 29, 2019

Beth - I agree 100% with your analysis and last year I joined the zimmerman litigation because it really seemed to be the only viable path at this stage.

Gail J.
Jan 30, 2019

I tried to email you but it came back undeliverable. I am interested. Please contact me joaniemac53@aol.com

Joan M.
Jan 30, 2019

Joan - do you need my email address or Beth's?

Gail J.
Jan 31, 2019

Our names are Vincent and Nancy Maffatore We are interested in joining the class action suit against the Manhattan Club Please send me the paperwork Coachmaff52@optonline.net

Vincent M.
Jan 31, 2019

There is no class action lawsuit, but there is a group of owners paying one lawyer, specifically Jean-Marc Zimmerman, whose plan is to bring suit in the name of each one of us who retain him. Of course, the more people who do this, the better. You can get more information by contacting the attorney directly as Redweek is not working on behalf of the attorney.

Please contact Jean-Marc Zimmerman at jmz@tmcsuit.com.

Beth C.
Feb 09, 2019

no comments since december 12, 2018 from anyone about the impending zimmerman lawsuit. will the suit happen or not? was the infamous list access obtained or not?

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Feb 10, 2019 04:57 AM

Feb 14, 2019

I have reached out to MR Zimmerman again, but have not received a response, so I have been unable to join the lawsuit. Any updates?

Peggy C.
Feb 14, 2019

peggy,

this redweek forum has not seen any information forthcoming from zimmerman for quite a while. i assume many of us are wondering why, including me. if you're still intent on joining his movement, flip back a few forum pages where his website is listed. maybe you'll obtain the information you require. you say you've

"..... reached out to MR Zimmerman again, but have not received a response, so I have been unable to join the lawsuit. Any updates ?" does that mean that you contacted him via his website and still not received any information? perhaps you had typed the wrong website; or perhaps he prefers not to respond to your reaching out. whatever outcome of your future attempts to reach him, the results of your efforts would be appreciated by other subscribers (i assume all TMC owners) in this forum. please let us all know. thank you.

chris

Q=peggyc207] I have reached out to MR Zimmerman again, but have not received a response, so I have been unable to join the lawsuit. Any updates?

[

Chris V.
Feb 14, 2019

After receiving our annual maintenance fee (over $3k), we called Lynn O'Donnell at TMC to put our name on the "buy back" list. First of all,, there is no "buy back." She said the list was for "'give back." When Bluegreen takes over they will receive the list and when they get to our name (she claims she doesn't know how many names are on the list), we will receive a call for the "give back."

Has Zimmerman shared anything recently?

PhyllisH

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.