The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Apr 27, 2020

Here's the response I received from the Club when I requested my week's booking in late June be extended past my calendar year.

Please note that we are currently not carrying over any time or offering any extension, as there has been no change to the offering plan. However the Executive Office is aware of the situation that a number of owners find themselves in due to this unprecedented situation. Rest assured, there will be correspondence sent as soon as we move past this challenging time.

Robert P.
Apr 27, 2020

robert p,

the response you received from TMC is friggin' identical to mine. it's another bu**sh** form letter, in essence, telling us, "we still own you financially." i initially commented that the COVID-19 issues we have with TMC are diminished by the current life and death pandemic we all face. after further thought and consideration, our TMC reservation time problems are directly related to and affected by COVID-19. perhaps notifying the nyc mayor and ny governor of our current reservation time/COVID-19 issue, TMC can be moved to react more positively about our urgent request for a time extension based on the dangers to our health and lives due to COVID-19.

look above this comment: i suggested that we all email the TMC reservations department (Gabrielle) about this issue and send a cc copy to ALL BOARD MEMBERS, SPONSORED AND NON SPONSORED. PROACTIVITY AND UNITED FRONT are KEYWORDS HERE!

robertp783 wrote:
Here's the response I received from the Club when I requested my week's booking in late June be extended past my calendar year.

Please note that we are currently not carrying over any time or offering any extension, as there has been no change to the offering plan. However the Executive Office is aware of the situation that a number of owners find themselves in due to this unprecedented situation. Rest assured, there will be correspondence sent as soon as we move past this challenging time.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Apr 27, 2020 01:25 PM

Apr 27, 2020

I too would like to have my time extended at TMC because of this horrible situation we all are living through. It looks like I will lose my three days. (I have three days one year and four days the next.) I asked for an extension and my request was denied.

I own at the Welk resort in Escondido, CA. They have relaxed their restrictions for carrying over time until the following year. Disney, Hilton, and Welk are so large that they can, with some difficulty I am sure, make that accommodation. In all fairness, (although I hate to consider TMC fair) if TMC is close to being fully sold out, how could they accommodate a large number of extensions. (Chris, your family and mine might have to share a suite. You never did show up last year so that I could buy you a drink.)

It is hard to believe that TMC is open. Social distancing in those three elevators must be quite a challenge. Of course there is always the stairs.

Please everyone, stay safe and healthy.

William M.
Apr 27, 2020

william m,

neither you nor i get paid to solve TMC's problems:

your quote:

" In all fairness, (although I hate to consider TMC fair) if TMC is close to being fully sold out, how could they accommodate a large number of extensions."(sic)

THIS IS THEIR PROBLEM. they have been stealing from us for all the years of their existence. NOW IT'S TIME THAT THEY BECOME CREATIVE AND DECIDE HOW TO GIVE US THE EXTENSION OF RESERVATION TIME WE DESERVE. or, are they waiting until we all succumb to COVID-19 IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER? that would certainly help solve this problem with little of their effort.

i repeat, in essence, TMC has no class, empathy nor sympathy even during this devastating COVID-19 PANDEMIC. consider notifying the governor and/or mayor. our current issues with TMC are of less importance than the coronavirus at large, but they're related to our timely and healthier reservation use relative to COVID-19. a reservation-time extension would help us use the time we paid for in a safer manner and time rather than put ourselves, with sooner use of reservation time, at a much higher risk factor of COVID-19 contagion and possibly death.

does all this sound dramatic? IT IS, AND RIGHTFULLY SO.

williamm465 wrote:
I too would like to have my time extended at TMC because of this horrible situation we all are living through. It looks like I will lose my three days. (I have three days one year and four days the next.) I asked for an extension and my request was denied.

I own at the Welk resort in Escondido, CA. They have relaxed their restrictions for carrying over time until the following year. Disney, Hilton, and Welk are so large that they can, with some difficulty I am sure, make that accommodation. In all fairness, (although I hate to consider TMC fair) if TMC is close to being fully sold out, how could they accommodate a large number of extensions. (Chris, your family and mine might have to share a suite. You never did show up last year so that I could buy you a drink.)

It is hard to believe that TMC is open. Social distancing in those three elevators must be quite a challenge. Of course there is always the stairs.

Please everyone, stay safe and healthy.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Apr 27, 2020 12:08 PM

Apr 28, 2020

Of course it is not our job to solve TMC's problems. That does not mean they are solvable. Please explain to me how you can fit one and one half years of timeshare use into one year. It may be possible realizing that many people have not been paying their maintenance fees. But I doubt it.

I learned a long time ago (the hard way) that when you are disagreeing with an unreasonable person, it hurts your case if you become unreasonable as well.

William M.
Apr 28, 2020

TMC's batch of so-called corporate geniuses and ny attorneys' job is to figure that out, reasonable or not.......it's their job as corporate problem solvers. there is no room for excuses by or defenses for TMC. NECESSARILY DRAMATIC, THIS RESERVATION EXTENSION COULD HELP ALLEVIATE AND MITIGATE MATTERS OF LIFE AND DEATH ISSUES IF TMC'S RESERVATION POLICY IS ALTERED TO ACCOMMODATE THIS DEATHLY PANDEMIC. that would show the essence of care, empathy, sympathy and humanity on TMC's part. at this time, TMC's usual profit motive must take a secondary role in the scheme of things.

again, your quote:

"That does not mean they are solvable. Please explain to me how you can fit one and one half years of timeshare use into one year. It may be possible realizing that many people have not been paying their maintenance fees. But I doubt it." .....that's TMC'S problem to solve, their duty to their paying clients/owners.....and that needs to be "reasonable!"

williamm465 wrote:
Of course it is not our job to solve TMC's problems. That does not mean they are solvable. Please explain to me how you can fit one and one half years of timeshare use into one year. It may be possible realizing that many people have not been paying their maintenance fees. But I doubt it.

I learned a long time ago (the hard way) that when you are disagreeing with an unreasonable person, it hurts your case if you become unreasonable as well.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Apr 28, 2020 04:10 PM

Apr 28, 2020

READ AND WEEP THAT WE HAVE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD SUCH AS WILLIAMM465 TO WRITE AND BELIEVE SUCH NONSENSE

Henry D.
Apr 28, 2020

I believe that having individuals, so called owners, to write such nonsense. The attitude that TMC cannot fix this problem, is a farce. The safety, well being of everyone, including their own workers should be at the top of their priority list. To ignore a problem of this magnitude, is nerve wrecking. This message board is monitored by TMC, and they are having a field day reading such trash from the owners. The message that is heard every day, is we are in this together, and together we will win, and defeat the wrongs that TMC have imposed on us, without the attitude or ego of owners who think that everything is okay. Are they living in another world. Just wake up, look around, and see the bigger issue

Henry D.
Apr 28, 2020

henry d30,

your response/sentiments RESOUND LOUDLY. we are in total agreement.

it is the TMC BOARD OF DIRECTORS' FIDUCIARY DUTY to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all people under its jurisdiction. not temporarily relaxing reservation policies completely rejects and disregards that DUTY! this seems to possibly border on criminality and on completely ignoring their corporate DUTY.

all owners should strongly consider joining zimmerman's lawsuit. joining would further ensure solidarity and a united front necessary to legally defeat TMC and to stop its continuing fraud against us owners via annual exorbitant raises in our maintenance fees, and now during this horrific pandemic, continuing to enforce the non-rollover reservation time policy. some owners have paid maintenance fees for reservation time at TMC that they can't use due to fear of contagion at a time of new york having the highest incidence of COVID-19 in the country.

not temporarily adjusting or eliminating reservation rules during this devastating pandemic is a disgraceful lack of humaneness and must be addressed by ALL OF US OWNERS by requesting (preferably via email) of the reservations dept...GABRIELLE... a relaxing of these reservations rules with copies of the request addressed to TMC BOARD OF DIRECTORS and perhaps to the nyc mayor and ny governor. (this temporary reservation policy adjustment request is directly related to and based upon the COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS issue; therefore addressing ny government officials about it is not unreasonable; but of course, it is secondary to their other more pressing widespread health issues of the overall new york population.)

fortunately, not many owners responding on redweek.com write in favor, of forgiveness or excuses concerning TMC. TMC'S monitors...spies on redweek are becoming frustrated because of the lack of useful information that they need to use against our efforts to effect legal retribution against the past and continuing fraudulent activities. owners need to be continually diligent about that situation on redweek.

henryd30 wrote:
I believe that having individuals, so called owners, to write such nonsense. The attitude that TMC cannot fix this problem, is a farce. The safety, well being of everyone, including their own workers should be at the top of their priority list. To ignore a problem of this magnitude, is nerve wrecking. This message board is monitored by TMC, and they are having a field day reading such trash from the owners. The message that is heard every day, is we are in this together, and together we will win, and defeat the wrongs that TMC have imposed on us, without the attitude or ego of owners who think that everything is okay. Are they living in another world. Just wake up, look around, and see the bigger issue

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Apr 29, 2020 04:46 AM

Apr 29, 2020

Such anger is unhealthy.

I read no suggestions as to how to fit 1.5 years of occupation into one year. Oh I forgot. That is for someone else to figure out. Even if it not possible.

We have MUCH to complain about re/TMC. My major complaint is they refuse to guarantee good weather when I'm there.

William M.
Apr 29, 2020

there seem to be some people ready to assuage the dereliction of fiduciary duties of our TMC oppressors.

we can....

live with that concept and disregard it;

criticize those people;

try to convince them to act otherwise;

totally ignore them.

these are my personal choices for other TMC owners to consider, who remain unwilling to accept TMC's unfair, often inhumane, UN- empathic/sympathetic, fraudulent treatment. continue to apply legal pressure until fairness prevails.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Apr 29, 2020 04:15 PM

Apr 29, 2020

William 465, the answer is SIMPLE. TMC should STOP allowing non-owners from staying at TMC in order to free up the rooms that owners pay for. If TMC would develop a policy that no rooms will be rented out to the general public or non-owners for a period of time in order to free up rooms that the owners were unable to use because of this pandemic. EVERYONE knows that FOR YEARS AND YEARS owners could not get a reservation because there was “no availability” so MANY, MANY owners have never even stayed at the “investment” they paid hard earned money for. The main problem with TMC is they simply do not respect or care about their owners. We were all scammed when we bought into this nightmare and we continue to be screwed over year after year. So there’s your solution!

williamm465 wrote:
Such anger is unhealthy.

I read no suggestions as to how to fit 1.5 years of occupation into one year. Oh I forgot. That is for someone else to figure out. Even if it not possible.

We have MUCH to complain about re/TMC. My major complaint is they refuse to guarantee good weather when I'm there.

Becky F
Apr 29, 2020

Thanks, Becky - that is a great suggestion. I know many of us remain suspicious of a few who seem to side with Eichner and the management team. I urge all others to join the Zimmerman team.

Gail J.
Apr 29, 2020

An organization’s true colors appear during times of crisis such as what is occurring now. Regardless of the size of the organization or the difficulties that the establishment might encounter, the way that the owners have been treated during this situation and in the past is unacceptable and deplorable. The management and board of directors of the Manhattan Club has shown that they have no consideration for the impossible situation that owners with upcoming reservations hold. Those that make light of this situation truly do not have an understanding of the seriousness and financial repercussions the owners are facing.

Kevin O.
Apr 29, 2020

"...truly do not have an understanding of the seriousness and financial repercussions the owners are facing..."

...........NOR DO THEY CARE! IT SEEMS THAT EVEN THE COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC DOESN'T AFFECT THEIR SELFISH STANCE AND MOTIVES. I FIND IT DIFFICULT TO RECONCILE HOW THEY LIVE WITH THEMSELVES.

kevin631 wrote:
An organization’s true colors appear during times of crisis such as what is occurring now. Regardless of the size of the organization or the difficulties that the establishment might encounter, the way that the owners have been treated during this situation and in the past is unacceptable and deplorable. The management and board of directors of the Manhattan Club has shown that they have no consideration for the impossible situation that owners with upcoming reservations hold. Those that make light of this situation truly do not have an understanding of the seriousness and financial repercussions the owners are facing.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Apr 29, 2020 07:19 PM

Apr 30, 2020

I heard a few days ago Bluegreen pulled out of the deal with the Manhattan Club. Has anyone else heard about this?

Gary P.
Apr 30, 2020

That might work Becky. Of course there would have to be enough units they rent out to accommodate thousands of owners. Probably not. Of course they could pick and choose randomly who would get an extention. Would that be ok?

William M.
Apr 30, 2020

sarcasm gets nobody anywhere.

TMS owns the current (and past) problems. it's incumbent upon this fraudulent enterprise to come up with viable answers to solve the coronavirus/COVID-19-related reservation issues. this solution DOES NOT INCLUDE a random selection/lottery of who gets a reservation extension. that should be offered to all owners who NEED the extension within health and reasonable time limits and guidelines. owners are not seeking something.........anything............they don't deserve at this crucial and devastating time in our lives. THE TMC HOSPITALITY BUSINESS HAS NO NOTION OF HOW TO ACT HOSPITABLE. TMC deserves no leeway, excuses nor accommodations regarding what needs to be done for owners in need of more time to use their reservation access due to the COVID-19 pandemic. life and death issues in this regard must be reconciled regardless of the $$$ lost by TMC to enact a reasonable and fair solution. TMC would be far better respected if they responded appropriately to this urgent situation. the continued $$$ flow would resume rapidly and stronger than ever if TMC showed necessary and humane consideration.

NB: the above must not include any raises in maintenance fees. in fact, substantially lower maintenance fees must be offered to all loyal TMC clients/owners who currently and in the past have kept this timeshare enterprise up and running very profitably for so many years. meanwhile, we owners will continue our legal efforts of working toward a substantial reduction of maintenance fees. stay tuned.

williamm465 wrote:
That might work Becky. Of course there would have to be enough units they rent out to accommodate thousands of owners. Probably not. Of course they could pick and choose randomly who would get an extention. Would that be ok?

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Apr 30, 2020 01:32 PM

Apr 30, 2020

i googled "bluegreen," and i was redirected as follows:

https://www.choicehotels.com/ascend/bluegreen-vacations/locations

copy/paste address.

no sign of THE MANHATTAN CLUB ACCOMMODATION.....very interesting. others should be made aware of this.

garyp151 wrote:
I heard a few days ago Bluegreen pulled out of the deal with the Manhattan Club. Has anyone else heard about this?

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Apr 30, 2020 08:16 AM

Apr 30, 2020

Regarding comment about Bluegreen Time Shares buying TMC. A TMC employee advised me two weeks ago that this deal has been terminated. Why has this happened????

Leonard H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.