Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Feb 24, 2017

By withholding the maintenance I get to enjoy the moneey!...Les

Leslie L.
Feb 24, 2017

Send me the survey at strawnkg@hotmail.com, thanks, Ken

Ken S.
Feb 25, 2017

As you correctly note, many of the entries in this forum are full of well-meaning opinions, questions and speculation. As someone who has followed the details of the AG's investigation since the beginning, I can offer the following observations to owners:

The New York AG is totally in charge of the investigation into the Eichner empire at TMC. If you are frustrated at the pace of the case, contact the AG.

Also read the court documents online, for free, to inform yourself of the facts and background. The files are very educational.

You will not get reliable legal advice, on how to handle maintenance fees or other issues, on this forum. RedWeek actively discourages posts that come off as legal pitches.

We know of two private lawyers who work with owners on TMC issues. Doug Wasser and Lowell Sidney, both in Manhattan. RedWeek has quoted both of them in previous stories about the case.

Finally, all owners should receive information from TMC about the next annual meeting sometime this summer. Those meetings usually are open to owners who register and want to attend.

Jeffrey W.

Last edited by jeff_reports on Feb 25, 2017 10:09 AM

Feb 25, 2017

or even book a room through hotels.com (for example) and stay at the Manhattan Club!

lesliel167 wrote:
By withholding the maintenance I get to enjoy the moneey!...Les

Sharon L.
Feb 25, 2017

What is the website so we can read all information for free?

Gary P.
Feb 26, 2017

Marion, I agree with you. We got nothing when we did pay the maintenance fees. Could not get seven nights for three years because the room (unit) was being rented to those who booked on hotel or travel websites. We had no control over this and gave up many unused nights. I tried for years to get the problem rectified and it didn't happen. Eichner & TMC were (are still) generating more money this way, of course they want their fees paid by TMC owners and will continue to rent out the rooms. I do believe that politics are a factor in the case against TMC. I believe Eichner worked as a prosecutor for the City of NY years ago and still have connections within the system and that is the reason why has been dragging out and so convoluted.

Vanessa S.
Feb 26, 2017

The Annual Shareholders (Timeshare) meeting is in August. I historically held within the first ten days of the month. Now, you have to request to attend the annual meeting before you could call and ask to attend and were discouraged by the fact that members where already there to represent owners. I did want to attend years back and was told I didn't need to attend and would not have an opportunity to speak because we already had representation from timeshare owners that are appointed to represent owners. However, I soon found out that those timeshare owners representing ALL owners are hand picked by TMC Management and no one other than those members three of them have ever been replaced or stepped down from their board members positions. It's all rigged from the top down. Sadly.

Vanessa S.
Feb 26, 2017

I'm writing to try to get the survey that I've been reading about but can't seem to find. I'd like to participate in the survey but I'm not sure who to get it from. I paid cash for my TMC unit ($60k) but I've stopped paying my maintenance fees. I just received my first "past due" notice from TMC and it incensed me. I'm hopeful that I can join in on the survey and I will be writing a letter to the AG. If you could please direct me to the survey it would be much appreciated. My email address is rlfitzma@uci.edu. Thanks!

Becky

Becky F
Feb 26, 2017

The sender of the survey information included a non-working email address, which suggests that the real motive of the sender was to collect email addresses from TMC owners, not to provide legal assistance. Bottom line, there is no certainty that this posting about an owner survey is valid.

Jeffrey W.
Feb 26, 2017

hi there, if you are fortunate enough to get this survey, would you pass along to me, please? i will post it on this site and any other site i can think of. THANKS SO MUCH.

Patricia H.
Feb 26, 2017

I guess I'm an unusual owner. I make my reservation early, always have gotten the week I've requested. I'm not pleased with the ever increasing maintenance fees, but love my week in NYC in the fall. Are you trying to book at the last minute? I book my Mexican timeshare a year in advance as it fills up immediately. Please advise what you feel is the problem.

Susan V.
Feb 26, 2017

If New York has a Transient Occupancy Tax, as California has had for decades, the revenue stream to the City of NY from renting TMC rooms on a per night basis would be huge. This could be a dis-incentive for ruling in favor of the Owners. I don't know a lot about NY politics ---just raising this point as a possibility.

Betty

Betty L.
Feb 26, 2017

This forum was started 5 years ago, in 2011, by the TMC owner's ID "alexc100". The survey was valid for the Class Action that was launched by the attorney Blau in 2011. Please check page 1, post 1 of this forum. To my recollection, the class action was dismissed a year (or about) later. What happened to "alexc100" seems unknown, maybe the owner got out from the TMC ownership.

That request to fill out a survey does not have any relation to the AG investigation which was launched in June 2014.

BTW: 453,669 comments were posted on our forum since 2011. Way!

Fibo N.
Feb 27, 2017

I sent a letter to the AG's office and was asked to provide a lot of details which I don't have (like dates when I spoke to people about not being able to schedule a room). One thing they asked for was a copy of my contract - all I have is the purchaser's agreement. Is there something else I should be looking for? I did find, however, a letter that stated the priorities for booking. As a flex owner, I was at the end, below the booking sites. However, they were only supposed to be posting 72 hrs before the date, not booking for Christmas when an owner couldn't even book it (I have to do it 9 mos. in advance).

Mary B.
Feb 27, 2017

vanessa, "I did want to attend years back and was told I didn't need to attend and would not have an opportunity to speak because we already had representation from timeshare owners that are appointed to represent owners." it's my impression that the so-called owners' representatives are on eichner's payroll......ergo, you were told (your quoted sentence) what you were told. attending the meeting is a total waste of time. currently, eichner and his mob do whatever they please in an unregulated arena playground called THE TIMESHARE INDUSTRY. unless he is stopped, jailed and made to pay retribution to current owners, by the court for his shamming, fraudulent actions, outright thievery (exorbitant maintenance fees; withholding owners' reservation time {even if they paid maintenance fees}) initial sales lies, et al, he will continue his quest with the able help of his cronies and ny attorneys, to continue to line his pockets with our maintenance fees and his renting policies of offering OWNERS' DEED RIGHTS OF RESERVATIONS to non-owners COMMONLY CALLED DOUBLE-DIPPING, .....owners' pathetic situation will continue to proliferate exponentially.

keep in touch.

chris

vanessa175 wrote:
The Annual Shareholders (Timeshare) meeting is in August. I historically held within the first ten days of the month. Now, you have to request to attend the annual meeting before you could call and ask to attend and were discouraged by the fact that members where already there to represent owners. I did want to attend years back and was told I didn't need to attend and would not have an opportunity to speak because we already had representation from timeshare owners that are appointed to represent owners. However, I soon found out that those timeshare owners representing ALL owners are hand picked by TMC Management and no one other than those members three of them have ever been replaced or stepped down from their board members positions. It's all rigged from the top down. Sadly.

Chris V.
Feb 27, 2017

Send complaints to the NY AG. The survey was basically was to tell about your ownership and experiences with TMC.

You can send a letter explaining your circumstances and experiences with ownership there.

Good luck.

Vanessa S.
Mar 08, 2017

3/8/17 New Facebook post by Manhatten Club offering "specials for 2017" tried to copy and paste but no luck. Blatant misuse of timeshare.

Susan V.
Mar 08, 2017

Here's another way room's at TMC are being marketed to non owners

The Manhattan Club’s Latest Specials for 2017 Special Offers at The Manhattan Club

To get you in the mood for scheduling your New York getaway, we’d like to entice you with some of the latest special offers at The Manhattan Club – NYC.

The Weekend Getaway in the City Package: How does a romantic weekend in the city sound? Come enjoy a Broadway show, eat at some fabulous restaurants, and enjoy Central Park. Our weekend getaway package includes a continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and access to our gym. TMC & Manhattan Parking Package: Those who take advantage of our parking package won’t have to deal with finding parking in NYC. Our full-service Valet will securely stow your car with complimentary parking. Family Fun in NYC: New York is an ideal city for the whole family. There are zoos, museums, and parks. If your kids are fans of the Night at the Museum movies, the Museum of Natural History is a must-see. Our family package includes Wi-Fi, access to our fitness center, and a $70 gift card to make your family fun trip an even sweeter deal. Book Early Package: Whether you’re in town for business or pleasure, save some money by booking early. How much will you save? You’ll save 25 percent, have access to our gym and business center, in addition to a cozy room. The Perfect Getaway to NYC Includes The Manhattan Club The Manhattan Club not only offers luxurious and spacious accommodations, we are just minutes from the city’s best attractions. Experience all that NYC has to offer—shopping, restaurants, shows, and more—during your stay with us at The Manhattan Club.

FacebookTweetGoogle +PinterestEmail

06:00 AM in Hotel, Hotel Specials, NYC Happenings, Things to do in New York City | Permalink | Comments (0)

Susan V.
Mar 08, 2017

Please send me the survey. weir.walt@gmail.com

Walter J.
Mar 08, 2017

susan, SEND THIS FACEBOOK INFO TO THE NYS ATNY GEN, ERIC SCHNEIDERMAN IMMEDIATELY. TMC should not be advertising as a hotel, and they shouldn't using this NYC ACCOMMODATION as a sales enticement to buy, which it appears they are doing on FACEBBOOK.

this info looks and sounds like the usual TMC "giveaway" commonly used in the timeshare industry. entice people with a nice weekend, food, attractions then COMES THE KILL: sit thru all the b.s. sales propaganda and buy our timeshare, but it must be today or the offer won't be available later..........................et al.................the smell is excruciating!

chris

susan2909 wrote:
Here's another way room's at TMC are being marketed to non owners

The Manhattan Club’s Latest Specials for 2017 Special Offers at The Manhattan Club

To get you in the mood for scheduling your New York getaway, we’d like to entice you with some of the latest special offers at The Manhattan Club – NYC.

The Weekend Getaway in the City Package: How does a romantic weekend in the city sound? Come enjoy a Broadway show, eat at some fabulous restaurants, and enjoy Central Park. Our weekend getaway package includes a continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and access to our gym. TMC & Manhattan Parking Package: Those who take advantage of our parking package won’t have to deal with finding parking in NYC. Our full-service Valet will securely stow your car with complimentary parking. Family Fun in NYC: New York is an ideal city for the whole family. There are zoos, museums, and parks. If your kids are fans of the Night at the Museum movies, the Museum of Natural History is a must-see. Our family package includes Wi-Fi, access to our fitness center, and a $70 gift card to make your family fun trip an even sweeter deal. Book Early Package: Whether you’re in town for business or pleasure, save some money by booking early. How much will you save? You’ll save 25 percent, have access to our gym and business center, in addition to a cozy room. The Perfect Getaway to NYC Includes The Manhattan Club The Manhattan Club not only offers luxurious and spacious accommodations, we are just minutes from the city’s best attractions. Experience all that NYC has to offer—shopping, restaurants, shows, and more—during your stay with us at The Manhattan Club.

FacebookTweetGoogle +PinterestEmail

06:00 AM in Hotel, Hotel Specials, NYC Happenings, Things to do in New York City | Permalink | Comments (0)

Chris V.

Last edited by phyl21 on Mar 08, 2017 06:27 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.