The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Mar 12, 2019

sidney,

you're bringing forth some uncommon and unique situations, which have merit. however, no attorney can possibly help with these much-less-common issues individually. perhaps those involved here would profit from retaining their own individual attorneys.

among other issues i understand zimmerman will address are as follows:

1.....unscrupulous, exorbitant maintenance fees, working toward substantially reducing them.

2.....making owners' reservation/accommodation process much less restrictive.

3.....creating a share sell-back process in line with nyc real estate market-value rather than the nonsensical, fraudulent "giveback" for $100 if an owner prefers to sell.

4.....obtain access to TMC owners' list to help zimmerman activate the common good, actually a primary, essential objective.

5.....additional common issues owners have other than the comparatively unique problems you mention.

6.....restriction of the practice of TMC using owners' TMC TIMESHARE as a HOTEL (AS BLATANTLY ADVERTISED ON TMC'S OWN WEBSITE), offering owners' accommodation time to non-owners therefore reducing owners' ability of getting desired reservation time.

the above problems, common to the majority of owners, are what zimmerman is charged with litigating. your description of uncommon issues is important, but it seems to be over and above the reality of zimmermermans' ability to respond to individually. obviously, that decision remains with zimmerman, but that's my assessment of the scenario you present, the sub-group of owners as you label your description.

i stress, your "sub group" should contact zimmerman and express their issues with him. as i said above, the decision to address the needs of those you cite remains with zimmerman.

chris

sidneyf6 wrote:
I am in strong support of the zimmerman effort but wish to call your attention to a variety of sub group of owners who may be holding back from joining as their situation is different from the norm. I think a bit of clarification of their potential status and how they would be treated in a potential success needs to be considered so they can evaluate the benifit of joining rather than dropping out of the effort. 1 Some of us purchased ownership shares on the secondary market and didnt pay as much as through the Club.. Same deed/ same share of settlement??? 2 Some have not paid dues for a number of years How would zimmerman view the recoup of this class 3 Some people have multiple deeds. In a family case one penthouse and 2 suites..... also has not paid for a year or two. How much for representation in muti owner situation. If someone has answers please respond, if not ...discussion needs to be brought foward as many have similar issues. Sid.feldman@verizon.net

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Mar 12, 2019 08:20 PM

Mar 12, 2019

dear chris, I did speak to Mr Zimmerman who was most open and clarified all my questions to my satisfaction so that I can say that I have NO reservaions about joining the suite. While I will not speak for him, he now recognizes that MANY owners fall into my stated subgroups and he will issue a clarification of how ALL members who join in will be treated should a settlement be reached in our favor. In summary I feel his case is overwhelming strong, and the only investment he requests is #1250 total. If he prevails he will be entitled to a percentage what his efforts recoup. His position is that we should be elegible for a full refund of the retail origional listed price of our "investment" Even the most cynical should see that his fee could provide a great payback. I will let him deliver his stated intended policy but EVERYONE should stand up and shell out the retainer NOW as you have little more to loose and a boatload to gain from this action. It doesnt matter how you got your deed, how much you paid, if you are current or behind in dues, you have a great chance to claw back a serious chunk of money from the crooks who hope you are embarissed or lazy and let them walk away with MILLIONS of our dollars....

chrisv126 wrote:
sidney,

you're bringing forth some uncommon and unique situations, which have merit. however, no attorney can possibly help with these much-less-common issues individually. perhaps those involved here would profit from retaining their own individual attorneys.

among other issues i understand zimmerman will address are as follows:

1.....unscrupulous, exorbitant maintenance fees, working toward substantially reducing them.

2.....making owners' reservation/accommodation process much less restrictive.

3.....creating a share sell-back process in line with nyc real estate market-value rather than the nonsensical, fraudulent "giveback" for $100 if an owner prefers to sell.

4.....obtain access to TMC owners' list to help zimmerman activate the common good, actually a primary, essential objective.

5.....additional common issues owners have other than the comparatively unique problems you mention.

6.....restriction of the practice of TMC using owners' TMC TIMESHARE as a HOTEL (AS BLATANTLY ADVERTISED ON TMC'S OWN WEBSITE), offering owners' accommodation time to non-owners therefore reducing owners' ability of getting desired reservation time.

the above problems, common to the majority of owners, are what zimmerman is charged with litigating. your description of uncommon issues is important, but it seems to be over and above the reality of zimmermermans' ability to respond to individually. obviously, that decision remains with zimmerman, but that's my assessment of the scenario you present, the sub-group of owners as you label your description.

i stress, your "sub group" should contact zimmerman and express their issues with him. as i said above, the decision to address the needs of those you cite remains with zimmerman.

chris

sidneyf6 wrote:
I am in strong support of the zimmerman effort but wish to call your attention to a variety of sub group of owners who may be holding back from joining as their situation is different from the norm. I think a bit of clarification of their potential status and how they would be treated in a potential success needs to be considered so they can evaluate the benifit of joining rather than dropping out of the effort. 1 Some of us purchased ownership shares on the secondary market and didnt pay as much as through the Club.. Same deed/ same share of settlement??? 2 Some have not paid dues for a number of years How would zimmerman view the recoup of this class 3 Some people have multiple deeds. In a family case one penthouse and 2 suites..... also has not paid for a year or two. How much for representation in muti owner situation. If someone has answers please respond, if not ...discussion needs to be brought foward as many have similar issues. Sid.feldman@verizon.net

Sidney F.
Mar 12, 2019

sidney,

as i said in my original response to your comments,.........................."i stress, your "sub group" should contact zimmerman and express their issues with him. as i said above, the decision to address the needs of those you cite remains with zimmerman."

i think zimmerman will, to his advantage and to that of TMC owners, do his utmost for all who join his legal pursuits on owners' behalf. the "sub group" you cite is fortunate to have a legal advocate in zimmerman to work for them in an attorney/client capacity.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO ZIMMERMAN'S VICTORY OVER TMC AND OUR GETTING JUST RETRIBUTION FOR WHAT WAS (AND CONTINUES TO BE) FRAUDULENTLY TAKEN FROM US TMC OWNERS.

chris

ps: fyi..............i am a retainer-paid client of zimmerman in his attorney capacity vs TMC/EICHNER/BLUEGREEN.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Mar 12, 2019 08:27 PM

Mar 13, 2019

time has come for all of us to get on board with this effort. As I understand it, any future recovery will go to suit members. His filings are already in motion sid F

Sidney F.
Mar 13, 2019

Wow!

"In summary I feel his case is overwhelming strong, and the only investment he requests is #1250 total. If he prevails he will be entitled to a percentage what his efforts recoup. His position is that we should be elegible for a full refund of the retail origional listed price of our "investment" Even the most cynical should see that his fee could provide a great payback."

I will be happy to sell my time share at TMC for a grand total of $1.00 to anyone.

J D.
Mar 13, 2019

hello john d-2105

my stance is that i (with 2 weeks owned) want to keep the one-bedroom week WITH SUBSTANTIALLY REDUCED MAINTENANCE FEES, and sell the penthouse suite week for the FAIR REAL ESTATE VALUE OF NYC MARKET PRICES for comparable property. i expect that zimmerman will work toward the goal i (and assume other owners with similar goals) have set forth here.

johnd2105 wrote:
Wow!

"In summary I feel his case is overwhelming strong, and the only investment he requests is #1250 total. If he prevails he will be entitled to a percentage what his efforts recoup. His position is that we should be elegible for a full refund of the retail origional listed price of our "investment" Even the most cynical should see that his fee could provide a great payback."

I will be happy to sell my time share at TMC for a grand total of $1.00 to anyone.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Mar 13, 2019 09:53 AM

Mar 13, 2019

Chris v126 are you offering to sell your interest for $1.00??? I may be crazy or you may be crazy but i feel I would take you up on your offer I think zimmerman will prevail and your offer to give it away is what they wanted when they offered you 100 so where do you want me to send my certified check for 1.00????? lets hold together sid f

Sidney F.

Last edited by sidneyf6 on Mar 13, 2019 01:25 PM

Mar 13, 2019

sidney,

you misread the intent of my comment entirely. i would absolutely NOT be so insanely crazy to even consider "selling" my penthouse suite (which i set the current worth to be near or beyond $50-75,000) for $1.00! as i wrote............i would expect " FAIR REAL ESTATE VALUE OF NYC MARKET PRICES for comparable property."

that's worth writing (slightly rephrasing) and READING AGAIN: if zimmerman is successful in one of the related challenges in his lawsuit, i would expect to sell the penthouse suite for upwards of $50,000+............that is: the FAIR MARKET VALUE OF COMPARABLE NEW YORK CITY REAL ESTATE.

i hope this clarifies this matter for you.

chris

sidneyf6 wrote:
Chris v126 are you offering to sell your interest for $1.00??? I may be crazy or you may be crazy but i feel I would take you up on your offer I think zimmerman will prevail and your offer to give it away is what they wanted when they offered you 100 so where do you want me to send my certified check for 1.00????? lets hold together sid f

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Mar 13, 2019 02:32 PM

Mar 13, 2019

ok perhaps i got name mixed on previous thread....perhaps johnd216 was the guy who commented that he would sell his interest for $1.00 of course not the way I would go but I hope people stop panicking, wanting to sell out for the $100 OFFER THATWAS floating around , paying companies money to get you out of timeshare agreements or worse yet putting heads in sand and not fighting back. HOPEFULLY this is my last post on this matter....... far too much back and forth talk and not enough action..... read zimmermans proposed retainer agreement, sign and send in $1250 and support HIS EFFORTS NOW.

Sidney F.
Mar 14, 2019

sid, GOOD: misinterpretation or erroneous direction of your comment understood. i agree with your stance regarding NOT SELLING in such an unprofitable manner (for $1.00). however, we must understand that so many owners simply cannot afford the unscrupulously, exponentially exorbitant maintenance fees. THEY ASSUME that defaulting on MF payment could affect their credit rating. personally, i doubt that will happen.......UNLESS they default on MORTGAGE PAYMENTS, a distinct possibility for a drop in their credit rating. they simply want to be rid of their MF obligation, and they're willing to sell for $1.00 to do so. i disagree with their possible action, but i fully understand their motive.

and again, FYI, i signed zimmerman's retainer and paid his fee as i hope many more owners will do. per your comments, this is the last of, your quote, "far too much back and forth talk and not enough action..... ". thanks for your comments. end of our story.

chris

sidneyf6 wrote:
ok perhaps i got name mixed on previous thread....perhaps johnd216 was the guy who commented that he would sell his interest for $1.00 of course not the way I would go but I hope people stop panicking, wanting to sell out for the $100 OFFER THATWAS floating around , paying companies money to get you out of timeshare agreements or worse yet putting heads in sand and not fighting back. HOPEFULLY this is my last post on this matter....... far too much back and forth talk and not enough action..... read zimmermans proposed retainer agreement, sign and send in $1250 and support HIS EFFORTS NOW.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Mar 14, 2019 05:34 AM

Mar 14, 2019

I am new to the forum, so I hear for the 1st time that there might be legal representation for the owners group. If that is true, why haven't we as owners heard any official word about a lawyer being hired to help us?

Jerome` K.
Mar 15, 2019

Jeromek,

Owners are not learning about legal efforts because TMC is doing everything in their power to PREVENT owners from learning about legal efforts against them. This is a repeat of a message I posted recently. Unfortunately, until we gain access to the list of owners, people only learn of our efforts by finding this site and others like it. You will find it helpful to go back months on this site and read forward to see where we are now.

The Zimmerman Law Group has been working for months on behalf of a growing group of defrauded TMC owners. One of the first obstacles they have to overcome is TMC's absolute refusal to release the timeshare owners' names and addresses to anyone, even duly authorized or qualified owners, like owner and board candidate, Robert Tucker. Toward that end, Zimmerman just filed an action against TMC, including the documents accessible via the DropBox link below, which Jean-Marc asked me to share on this site. You may need your own DropBox account to access the files, but the basic DropBox account is free, and easy to set up. Once your account is set up, you will be able to read the files using this link. Everyone on this site who hopes to gain any measure of justice as a result of the fraudulent conduct of TMC should contact Zimmerman at (908) 768-6408 and ask to be represented too. Don’t be left out of any future settlement by failing to get on board.

Here is the DropBox link, you will have to copy and paste it into your browser search bar:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aul0h2e4u66fjvt/AACc7jYvaWy_a4j-huCpXYnia?dl=0

I'm sure you will be as impressed with Zimmerman's filing as I was after reading these documents. Call him and join the effort against TMC.

Bob Biello

Robert B.
Mar 15, 2019

bob, we have traded comments in the past. what you wrote today is accurate. TMC, unless ordered by the court or other regulatory entity to release access to all TMC owners' names to zimmerman, our (zimmerman's) legal efforts, will be diminished. we need to find a way to inform more TMC owners to join in zimmerman's lawsuit. i believe, to this end, ads should be posted in a popular (perhaps nationally circulated) publications aimed directly at TMC owners urging them to join this lawsuit. some print media suggestions follow:..... USA TODAY, THE NEW YORK TIMES, CRAINE'S NY BUSINESS, WALL STREET JOURNAL, INVESTORS DAILY, and other major city publications...... there are other internet TMC forums, eg FACEBOOK, YAHOO, et al, as well as internet consumer sites for owners to consider; google them for the most appropriate sites to use. TMC owners' best chance for legal and satisfactory retribution against TMC/EICHNER/BLUEGREEN, is currently zimmermans lawsuit. the longer we postpone some of the above actions, the less effective our outcomes and objectives will be. i believe zimmerman would welcome (at least) ALL TMC OWNERS ON REDWEEK.COM to assist him in these actions aimed at as many owners as possible. my opinion regarding gaining access to TMC owners' contact lists from TMC is far from reachable unless we get a judge who would be sympathetic to TMC owners' just cause.

chris

robertb1802 wrote:
Jeromek,

Owners are not learning about legal efforts because TMC is doing everything in their power to PREVENT owners from learning about legal efforts against them. This is a repeat of a message I posted recently. Unfortunately, until we gain access to the list of owners, people only learn of our efforts by finding this site and others like it. You will find it helpful to go back months on this site and read forward to see where we are now.

The Zimmerman Law Group has been working for months on behalf of a growing group of defrauded TMC owners. One of the first obstacles they have to overcome is TMC's absolute refusal to release the timeshare owners' names and addresses to anyone, even duly authorized or qualified owners, like owner and board candidate, Robert Tucker. Toward that end, Zimmerman just filed an action against TMC, including the documents accessible via the DropBox link below, which Jean-Marc asked me to share on this site. You may need your own DropBox account to access the files, but the basic DropBox account is free, and easy to set up. Once your account is set up, you will be able to read the files using this link. Everyone on this site who hopes to gain any measure of justice as a result of the fraudulent conduct of TMC should contact Zimmerman at (908) 768-6408 and ask to be represented too. Don’t be left out of any future settlement by failing to get on board.

Here is the DropBox link, you will have to copy and paste it into your browser search bar:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aul0h2e4u66fjvt/AACc7jYvaWy_a4j-huCpXYnia?dl=0

I'm sure you will be as impressed with Zimmerman's filing as I was after reading these documents. Call him and join the effort against TMC.

Bob Biello

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Mar 15, 2019 07:25 AM

Mar 15, 2019

Bob, Your message was very helpful, and I have followed through to find the legal doc of 2/19. Thank you.

Jerome` K.
Mar 16, 2019

Re Zimmerman....I have sent both an email and snail mail to him and have NEVER had a reply. Is he REALLY looking for more adherents?

Richard S.
Mar 16, 2019

He is real and has spent time talking to him in some specifics about unusual situations. Consider that thousands of questions have been discussed on redweek and that now actual filings by him are before the court. Suggest you go to redweek and get up to speed on the current filings and all the stuff already presented by him for us to consider. Respectfully once you read all his info it kinda comes down to your decision to invest $1250 and be represented and fight back; and have a great chance to recoup from the scam through the court, or not have representation and give up any chance at recovery. While I am sure he is busy as hell with thousands of potential clients and questions, he did return my phone call and i expect he will respond to yours....but you must educate yourself by reading the posted retainer agreement and making up your own mind. sid f

Sidney F.
Mar 16, 2019

hello richared3153.

below is all of zimmerman's contact information. i suggest you phone him to join in his TMC litigation vs TMC/EICHNER/BLUEGREEN.

CONTACT ​ E-MAIL JMZ@ZIMLLP.COM ​ PHONE (908) 768-6408 ​ FAX (908) 935-0751 MAIL 233 WATCHUNG FORK WESTFIELD, NJ 07090

richard3153 wrote:
Re Zimmerman....I have sent both an email and snail mail to him and have NEVER had a reply. Is he REALLY looking for more adherents?

Chris V.
Mar 16, 2019

My offer still stands. I will sell for $1.00. Mr. Zimmerman the offer is extended to you.

J D.
Mar 17, 2019

jd,

correct me if i err. i never read anything about zimmerman's encouraging anyone to sell their share (s) of TMC for $1.00

that seems to be contrary to anything zimmerman would subscribe to.

johnd2105 wrote:
My offer still stands. I will sell for $1.00. Mr. Zimmerman the offer is extended to you.

Chris V.
Mar 17, 2019

My decision to sell and throwing good money after bad has nothing to do with Mr. Zimmerman.

Hoping for a return of money from a lawsuit in about 5 years is not a good financial plan.

J D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.