Oct 07, 2011

Has any one had experiece with Ozark Liquidators, Foryth, Mo.?? A good friend of mine attended a video presentation in KC. recently, and ozark liq. were able to convince him to pay $3,995 up front plus pay th3 $1,995 2012 maint. fee in order to sell his Mariott timeshare at Palm springs. the owner of this timeshare his wife had a stroke about 5 years ago and has not used this timesahre, had to be a factor in his decision. The owners' only checkup on the firm, was to ask a local attorney who I believe checked them out on BBB, and indicated that it was a legimate timeshare resale firm. I was under the impression that Marriott and Hilton timeshare were the only ones that were the only units that had any easy sale. their website I believe is ozarkliquidators.com

Robert S.
Oct 08, 2011

roberts1192 wrote:
Has any one had experiece with Ozark Liquidators, Foryth, Mo.?? A good friend of mine attended a video presentation in KC. recently, and ozark liq. were able to convince him to pay $3,995 up front plus pay th3 $1,995 2012 maint. fee in order to sell his Mariott timeshare at Palm springs. the owner of this timeshare his wife had a stroke about 5 years ago and has not used this timesahre, had to be a factor in his decision. The owners' only checkup on the firm, was to ask a local attorney who I believe checked them out on BBB, and indicated that it was a legimate timeshare resale firm. I was under the impression that Marriott and Hilton timeshare were the only ones that were the only units that had any easy sale. their website I believe is ozarkliquidators.com

This is just another of hundreds of upfront fee timeshare resale company scams. As far as Marriott and Hilton being easy sells, it depends on the particular resort and time owned as to whether or not it's an easy sell even with those name brands.

BTW, did the resale scammers sell that Marriott timeshare?

R P.
Oct 08, 2011

will ask later this year, would assume that the transfer out of the owners name would be by Jan. 1, 2012.

Robert S.
Oct 09, 2011

roberts1192 wrote:
will ask later this year, would assume that the transfer out of the owners name would be by Jan. 1, 2012.

Not necessarily .... he needs to call that Marriott and ask if the ownership is out of his name. If not then he still owns the timeshare and will continue to be billed for future maintenance fees. All the upfront fee resale scammers want is that upfront fee.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Oct 09, 2011 08:35 AM

Oct 09, 2011

BTW, someone needs to educate that attorney regarding timeshare upfront fee resale company scams. Anytime a resale company cold calls a timeshare owner with their sales spiel, asks for a large upfront fee then they're a scam, period.

R P.
Mar 07, 2012

If you are referring to Ozark Liquidation located in Forsyth, Missouri, I can give you a bit of insight.

Ozark Liquidation is not a re-sale scam. We are a reputable company offering an end to the financial burden of timeshare ownership that many experience. Timeshare owners want to be presented with facts about their ownership. Ozark Liquidation hosts seminars across the United States for that purpose, to inform owners of their options. We offer a liquidation service (deed/title transfer service) for those timeshare owners who are ready to be done with their timeshare property.

Scotty M.

Last edited by marty8084 on Mar 07, 2012 11:45 PM

Mar 08, 2012

scottym4 wrote:
If you are referring to Ozark Liquidation located in Forsyth, Missouri, I can give you a bit of insight.

Ozark Liquidation is not a re-sale scam. We are a reputable company offering an end to the financial burden of timeshare ownership that many experience. Timeshare owners want to be presented with facts about their ownership. Ozark Liquidation hosts seminars across the United States for that purpose, to inform owners of their options. We offer a liquidation service (deed/title transfer service) for those timeshare owners who are ready to be done with their timeshare property.

Just another LLC that's advertising on Redweek .... LLC's take timeshares with no intention of paying future maintenance fees leaving other owners at the resort having to pay for the deadbeats.

R P.
Apr 21, 2012

Let me help you all with something. You can get out of your timeshare" if you wish " for a hell of a lot less than 3000.00 to 5000.00 dollars so please don't pull a sales job here ! We as consumers are not as stupid as you would like to think.

Lola M.
May 07, 2012

Just be careful and watch the progress at the county. If no new deed is submitted within 30 days to transfer ownership then this poor guy may get stuck with his unit. That's a pretty high fee to get out of a Marriott. I think those still have SOME resale value right?

Travis D.
Jun 19, 2012

My wife and I signed up with Ozark Liquidation LLC in October 2011 and paid the money up front. The man presenting the sales presentation told everyone how he hates Bluegreen and used to work for them. We thought we would be getting some great legal guidance. All we get are "case manager"s who string us along. I just emailed the company for the 4th time tonight. We are not getting replies or help to our email questions. The company told us to stop making payments and now our credit it bad. The case managers are not equipped with sound legal solutions.

Robert D.
Jun 19, 2012

The purpose of these forums is to prevent people from getting ripped off by these scammers. Next time read all the posts before giving anyone money. Most of the people in here are just trying to help each other. The advise is free. When someone asks for money up front run as fast as you can.

Don P.
Aug 29, 2012

I saw your post regarding time share exits. I do wish to get out of my timeshare. It sounds as though you may have some knowledge I'd be interested in. Can you elaborate?

Jason

Jason P.
Aug 30, 2012

jasonp215 wrote:
I saw your post regarding time share exits. I do wish to get out of my timeshare. It sounds as though you may have some knowledge I'd be interested in. Can you elaborate?

First and foremost, never ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. Anyone that charges such a hefty fee is a scam artist.

If you want to give it away, try advertising here in RedWeek's Bargain Basement. Other websites are My Resort Network, E-bay, and Craigslist.

Also, Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com) has a Bargain Deals forum where, for free, you can advertise that you want to give your timeshare away. Just follow the instructions at the top of that page.

Have you tried contacting your resort and asking if they will take your timeshare back. It's possible they will.

Lance C.
Aug 30, 2012

In the past when I have discussed this with them they have not been very receptive or helpful. My TS is with worldmark by wyndam. has anyone been successful in getting them to take back their TS?

Jason P.
Aug 31, 2012

jasonp215 wrote:
In the past when I have discussed this with them they have not been very receptive or helpful. My TS is with worldmark by wyndam. has anyone been successful in getting them to take back their TS?

It's at the descretion of the developer or resort's HOA whether or not to take deedbacks .... the vast majority do not, however donp (a Redweek forum member) had two timeshares that the HOA's took back .... he was very lucky, however Wyndham is not known to take deedbacks.

R P.
Sep 04, 2012

do not have any experience with ozard liquidators, however a good friend, his wife had a stroke and went to kc for a "forum" and convinced him to pay the $3,995 up front and another $1,000 or more for maint. fees for next year. have not had time to visit to see if this program worked. Last year, advertised on red week sold a 2 bedroom at westgate for $250.. Westgate attempted to buy it back however they were over the 3o day limit for this feature. Last week, advertised 3 bedroom and plan to sell it for $750, plus $450 transfer fee. All of this "talk" about how high the transfer fee are is a big STORY. The company just wants you to believe that they are really a lot of work to make this transfer. I believe I heard it all.about transfering when timeshare sales individual and took about an hour to do a computer preentation on all of the work in resaleing timeshare. the end result is that for only $4,995 the timeshare could be transferred. after more discussion, they lower the price to $2,995. When I told it, all the transfer fee required is $450. he left I use a transfer agent in Branson that I can trust. ,

Robert S.
Oct 24, 2012

Did Ozark Liquidators follow through on taking your timeshare off your hands? I'm curious if they did what they said they would do.

robertd896 wrote:
My wife and I signed up with Ozark Liquidation LLC in October 2011 and paid the money up front. The man presenting the sales presentation told everyone how he hates Bluegreen and used to work for them. We thought we would be getting some great legal guidance. All we get are "case manager"s who string us along. I just emailed the company for the 4th time tonight. We are not getting replies or help to our email questions. The company told us to stop making payments and now our credit it bad. The case managers are not equipped with sound legal solutions.

Martha T.
Oct 25, 2012

concerning the individual where his wife had a stroke and asked a local attorney about it. Why do "smart" busines people has an attorney who had no expericene in the transfer of timeshare. I believe this individual in located in my home town who mentioned that he went to KC for this seminar and was convinced this was the best way. I have worked with "resalers" for the past 6 years and the last individual brought his computer and went through the whole process and his price $4.995. I knew of a client that was ready to retire and sold a 3 bedroom unit in Branson (paid $15,500) for it. and selling price was $500 plus $450 transfer fee from a local agent in Branson. Where do these so call "resaler" get all of this HYPE that there is so much involved in transfer that it takes $2, 3, or 5 thousand to transfer this unit. I received a call yesterday from a company that indicates the unit is transfer sold to a fictious corporation and the individual does not own it any more. That was a new twist to the resale of timeshares. last year, I advertised a 2 bedroom on Red Week and sold it for $250. I am glad that I sold the 3 bedroom adv. or red week for $500 since the maintence fee of $900 was due. The transfer agent in branson only charges $450. Also, after ten years of dealing with resalers, there is a way to transfer yourself out of the timeshare deed, however, cannot give the facts out to allo of the readers of red week, since it appears that there are resale agents that subsrice to Red week.

a timsare deed

Robert S.
Oct 26, 2012

roberts1192 wrote:
concerning the individual where his wife had a stroke and asked a local attorney about it. Why do "smart" busines people has an attorney who had no expericene in the transfer of timeshare. I believe this individual in located in my home town who mentioned that he went to KC for this seminar and was convinced this was the best way. I have worked with "resalers" for the past 6 years and the last individual brought his computer and went through the whole process and his price $4.995. I knew of a client that was ready to retire and sold a 3 bedroom unit in Branson (paid $15,500) for it. and selling price was $500 plus $450 transfer fee from a local agent in Branson. Where do these so call "resaler" get all of this HYPE that there is so much involved in transfer that it takes $2, 3, or 5 thousand to transfer this unit. I received a call yesterday from a company that indicates the unit is transfer sold to a fictious corporation and the individual does not own it any more. That was a new twist to the resale of timeshares. last year, I advertised a 2 bedroom on Red Week and sold it for $250. I am glad that I sold the 3 bedroom adv. or red week for $500 since the maintence fee of $900 was due. The transfer agent in branson only charges $450. Also, after ten years of dealing with resalers, there is a way to transfer yourself out of the timeshare deed, however, cannot give the facts out to allo of the readers of red week, since it appears that there are resale agents that subsrice to Red week.

a timsare deed

Another very reputable timeshare closing company is JRA Services:

www.timeshareresaleclosings.com/

R P.
Aug 13, 2013

They are revoked by the BBB! Hard to do and still be open. Scams. They figured out a way to make more money from timeshare. Sell your timeshare, don't pay anyone to do it for you. Check out the owners of this company and do a background on them, you will see.

Amy B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.