Jun 13, 2012

I have never done an exchange before. I own week 28 at the Beach. If I want to exchange to another resort in at the Beach, how hard is that. The other place I'd like to do exchange is only a few feet away. To my understanding, if you put in for an exchange, it is not guaranteed that you will get that week. I don't want to do an exchange unless I know I will get what I want. If the place is not available for an exchange, then why not just tell me and I can keep my vacation spot. Please Advise. reneec59

Renee C.
Jun 14, 2012

reneec59 wrote:
I have never done an exchange before. I own week 28 at the Beach. If I want to exchange to another resort in at the Beach, how hard is that. The other place I'd like to do exchange is only a few feet away. To my understanding, if you put in for an exchange, it is not guaranteed that you will get that week. I don't want to do an exchange unless I know I will get what I want. If the place is not available for an exchange, then why not just tell me and I can keep my vacation spot. Please Advise. reneec59

What exchange company do you belong to? With II you used to be able to request first before depositing, however I don't know if that's the case now.

With RCI you have to deposit before you can exchange. If the week you're seeking is at a popular location during a popular timeframe (beaches would be summer) then it will be very hard to get that exchange. You can try to deposit your week a year in advance and see if you can snag the week and resort you're wishing for .... exchanging these days is a crap shoot.

R P.
Jun 20, 2012

Thanks for responding. I am with RCI. I do think you are right, it would be hard to get that exchange. Maybe I should get into the point system or buy another week at this resort and rent the other.

Renee C.
Jun 21, 2012

reneec59 wrote:
Thanks for responding. I am with RCI. I do think you are right, it would be hard to get that exchange. Maybe I should get into the point system or buy another week at this resort and rent the other.

I would think even with a points system that you would still have to make reservations well in advance. The only way to know that you'll get what you want is to buy a fixed week at the timeframe you're looking for (resale of course).

R P.
Jul 28, 2013

What if I want to exchange my timeshare for the one next store to the one I owned. Has anyone ever done this, exchange for another timeshare in the same area.

Renee C.
Jul 29, 2013

reneec59 wrote:
What if I want to exchange my timeshare for the one next store to the one I owned. Has anyone ever done this, exchange for another timeshare in the same area.

You could try that, however the timeshare next door would have to be available to exchange into and the only way to find that info is to deposit your owned week and do a search.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jul 29, 2013 08:24 AM

Jul 29, 2013

I have the week of Sept. 15 through 22 reserved at the Manhattan Club in New York City. I'd like to exchange this week for a week in France if anyone knows how to do this, and if there are any comparable timeshares available for that week. Actually, I'm pretty flexible and can go any week this year after Sept. 1st. The week at the Manhattan Club will stay the same as above.

Brendan M.
Jul 30, 2013

brendanm7 wrote:
I have the week of Sept. 15 through 22 reserved at the Manhattan Club in New York City. I'd like to exchange this week for a week in France if anyone knows how to do this, and if there are any comparable timeshares available for that week. Actually, I'm pretty flexible and can go any week this year after Sept. 1st. The week at the Manhattan Club will stay the same as above.

If you own that week at the Manhattan Club then you would have to deposit the week with an exchange company and perform a search for France. That is if your week at the Manhattan Club is owned by you and is not an exchange .... rentals or sales of exchanged weeks are prohibited by the exchange companies.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jul 30, 2013 08:51 AM

Nov 16, 2013

If you do an exchange of course you do not get that week, you get the week you exchanged for

Yolanda F.
Nov 16, 2013

A time share is a place you can go with your family or friends every year with some Resorts and the fun part is you do not have to go to the same Resort every year. So you get to have fun in various areas to get to know the area to capture the feeling of each area and Enjoy what is in the area.

Yolanda F.
Feb 19, 2014

How do you join this exchange? What are the fees? Sounds like something we do with RCI, just pay a fee when we find something on their site. We are awarded points when we deposit our weeks with them. Still learning about time-sharing! Thanks in advance!

Renee L.
Feb 19, 2014

How do you reply to an exchange posting. I have a question regarding a listing and couldn't find how to reply to the owner. Thanks!

Renee L.
Feb 19, 2014

reneel73 wrote:
How do you reply to an exchange posting. I have a question regarding a listing and couldn't find how to reply to the owner. Thanks!

Have you paid the $15 RedWeek membership annual fee? You have to pay this fee in order to respond to ads.

Lance C.
Feb 20, 2014

Yes. Thanks.

Renee L.
Feb 20, 2014

reneel73 wrote:
How do you join this exchange? What are the fees? Sounds like something we do with RCI, just pay a fee when we find something on their site. We are awarded points when we deposit our weeks with them. Still learning about time-sharing! Thanks in advance!

Redweek is no longer an exchange company .... exchanges are now handled by DAE = Dial An Exchange = dialanexchange.com ....

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 20, 2014 07:31 AM

Jul 14, 2015

Most exchange companies allow you to search for units already deposited. Some will allow you a 1 day hold on that unit, allowing you to deposit your unit, while holding the other. Redweek used to have an Exchange section for people to Exchange Area for folks to trade, but I can't find that section. Maybe they dropped it.

Wayne W.
Jul 15, 2015

"Redweek used to have an Exchange section for people to Exchange Area for folks to trade, but I can't find that section. Maybe they dropped it."

It was absorbed by Dial-an-Exchange (daelive.com). It is not exclusive to RedWeek members. Anyone can use it.

Lance C.
Jul 15, 2015

Wayne-

We no longer have a partnership with DAE (Dial an Exchange). You can still exchange your week through DAE by going directly to their website: daelive.com.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 21, 2016

which beach? regards, rba

Robert A.
Feb 14, 2016

Hi Roberta

I didn't realize Red Week offers exchanges. We're you able to do an exchange?

Dolly - Massachusetts

Dolly L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.