Timeshare Companies

Resorts Anytime - Hilton Head, SC

Mar 26, 2013

Has anyone heard about or dealt with Resorts Anytime in Hilton Head, SC? I called Coral Reefs (Reba Management) to inquire about the process for selling my timeshare. A day later someone calls me back and says for my payment of $2000, they will take the property and issue a quit claim deed. Then, for $159 a year, I can pay $400-$900 to book a week anywhere/anytime all of their properties across the world. This is obviously some type of scam; I'm just trying to figure out the ends and outs of it and determine my next step for dumping this piece of garbage that, unfortunately, I purchased.

Barbara E.
Mar 26, 2013

barbarae166 wrote:
Has anyone heard about or dealt with Resorts Anytime in Hilton Head, SC? I called Coral Reefs (Reba Management) to inquire about the process for selling my timeshare. A day later someone calls me back and says for my payment of $2000, they will take the property and issue a quit claim deed. Then, for $159 a year, I can pay $400-$900 to book a week anywhere/anytime all of their properties across the world. This is obviously some type of scam; I'm just trying to figure out the ends and outs of it and determine my next step for dumping this piece of garbage that, unfortunately, I purchased.

Someone got your info from Reba Management .... I would be questioning Reba Management's business ethics .... looks like it turned into some kind of travel club .... don't bite.

Coral Reef is a very nice resort (we've stayed there) and HIlton Head is a very popular destination .... you can probably sell it yourself but be aware that you'll not get back what you paid initially if you bought from a developer.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Mar 26, 2013 09:04 AM

Mar 26, 2013

If you Google 'Resorts Anytime' there are several complaints against them including this one:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/directory/resorts-anytime.aspx

R P.
Mar 26, 2013

I'm not really worried about what money I get; I just want to not have to pay through the nose to unload it. Any suggestions on how to contact other Coral Reef owners who might want to buy another week? I am told that the developer is starting another property. My resale price will be significantly cheaper.

Barbara E.
Mar 26, 2013

barbarae166 wrote:
I'm not really worried about what money I get; I just want to not have to pay through the nose to unload it. Any suggestions on how to contact other Coral Reef owners who might want to buy another week? I am told that the developer is starting another property. My resale price will be significantly cheaper.

If you merely want to unload it you could place an ad in Redweek's Bargain Basement for $1 .... there are some very nice resorts here for zero dollars:

http://www.redweek.com/featured/bargain-timeshare-resales

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Mar 26, 2013 09:16 AM

Mar 26, 2013

barbarae166 wrote:
Any suggestions on how to contact other Coral Reef owners who might want to buy another week? I am told that the developer is starting another property. My resale price will be significantly cheaper.

Since Reba Management is Coral Reef's management company I doubt seriously they'd give you that information (other owners).

R P.
Sep 01, 2014

Jayjay....regarding your infor about the Travel Club with Anytime Resorts - unfortunately, we just BIT - Last Week. Are the rates for other condos / hotels not deeply discounted as stated?

esar....

James E.
Sep 02, 2014

jamese473 wrote:
unfortunately, we just BIT - Last Week. Are the rates for other condos / hotels not deeply discounted as stated

How much did you pay? If you "bit" last week, you might still have the right to rescind. Check your contract very carefully.

As for deeply discounted rates for condos and hotels, these rates can usually be found on free travel websites such as Expedia, Travelocity, or VRBO.com.

Lance C.
Sep 02, 2014

We made a credit card down payment of $395.00 on August 27. The membership to the Resorts Club is $2,000 with an annual membership fee of $127.00. My concern after reading all the complaints is that the hotel discounts may not be as deep as they claim.

James E.
Sep 03, 2014

jamese473 wrote:
My concern after reading all the complaints is that the hotel discounts may not be as deep as they claim.

The discounts might be there; they might not be. But I will repeat, my main concern would be that these same discounts would be available on other free websites.

And again, check your contract to see if there are provisions for rescinding. If there are, follow the instructions very carefully.

Lance C.
Sep 03, 2014

As Lance stated, read your contract carefully .... it's the law that you have a certain amount of time to rescind ... you need to do so until you know exactly what this 'travel club' entails.

R P.
Sep 15, 2014

I purchased a Resorts Anytime residence Club Membership for Hilton Head Island, SC several years ago and paid $2000.00 for it plus an annual service charge of $159.00. This membership is virtually useless. I found that this membership is virtually useless as well as the customer service that goes with it. I found that you can get the same deals on the Island by shopping on-line for a deal without all of this. This was a total waste of money. I would advise anyone who gets caught up in this so called time share / membership business is to simply and strongly say NO and take the so called discounted or free week end and RUN!

Richard D.
Apr 20, 2015

I was taken by this company four years ago and I've still got the collections on my credit report. I've contacted several BBB in three different states, attorney general offices in three states, filed complaints wherever I could and I've still gotten the run around. They said that they would payoff our old time share so we said we'd go for it. They said it would take a couple of months for everything to get processed and sweep over. After a couple of months I called our old time share and found that they hadn't been paid, then when I called Resorts Anytime they told me that they didn't do that and that I owed them the full amount. The person that I signed up with was no longer working there. That seems to be the case every time I call. The only person you can get in touch with Rodney seems very good at passing the buck. Unfortunately everyone else you talk to says he's the one in charge. Do not ever sign anything with them unless you have money to just throw away. The other time share company I used is awesome! We paid $700 for a 2 bedroom condo walking distance from the ocean for the week. They were very helpful and when we arrived well after closing time they made sure that we were able to get the keys and get right in.

Marcella B.
Aug 12, 2016

Hi. I too am trying to figure out how to get out of this contract and not go into collections over this scam. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

David B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.