Club Land'Or Resort

STOP PAYING THEM-I DID

Sep 12, 2013

I sent Club Ripoff a registered letter about two years ago stating that I was prepared to go to court. I think I offered them $500. on a thousand dollar bill as payment to turn my timeshare back to them. Told them I had no problem flying to D.C. so they should either accept my offer or file in court. One or the other. They accepted. As part of the "settlement" I was supposed to not post anything online about them. (this is the 2nd time I have posted about them on Redweek) I now see on here that they are up to $1100. maintenance fees for that dump! STOP PAYING

John P.
Sep 13, 2013

Are you referring to Colonial Crossing in Williamsburg?

Barbara A.
Oct 08, 2013

We cancel through a fax but now they are saying we were one day late and is trying to make us pay. They included the day we signed.. i thought the theroy is based on business days.. After reading all these complaints i know they are going to give us a hard time.. just wanted advice.. we will not pay and told them to take us to court. I will campaign hard to lose them any future business and i will obtain a lawyer and make this front page news.

Erin W.
Oct 08, 2013

Your right "land O" Ripoff!!

Erin W.
Oct 08, 2013

Bahamas

John P.
Jan 12, 2014

I haven't been with them for about 6 months, haven't use any services have paid on time, But the other day got a notice in mail stating 2014 Special Assessment that I own $2200.00 more on top that the have gotten.

I also tried to cancel but they said that I was pass my cancellation date, still have a day to do it. but saying they counted the day I signed.

I need any help to try get out of this. Only thing have paid a lot to them already.

thanks

Roland B.
Jan 13, 2014

have you rcvd any information, I just found out I owe this 2200.00 assessment fee plus the 1560. maintenance fee- I have never been there have not used it yet, Who in there right mind would pay 3700. for a week at a timeshare that is this limited. This is not a four star -five star kind of place, not even sure if it is three star quality. What have you found out?

Stephanie S.
Jan 13, 2014

what did you find out.

Stephanie S.
Jan 13, 2014

I find it impossible to believe I am one of a few who are out of their minds over this $220..0 fee, and to make matters worse in th last five years-four of the five years they have had assessments plus the maintenance fee-are they kidding ??

Stephanie S.
Jan 14, 2014

When you told them that you were not going to pay anymore, did they report you to a collection bureau. My main concern is ruining my credit. But I just can't afford to pay this. What do you suggest?

Pat H.
Jan 14, 2014

Believe me I am freaking out over this. We need to group together to figure out what can be done to get out of this.

Pat H.
Feb 15, 2014

Does anyone know if there is a lawyer going a group action against Club Land Or? Did anyone get an offer of a buyout from them?

Deborah B.
Feb 16, 2014

First thing is Do NOT PAY THEM ANOTHER DIME! Second thing is to know that you are not alone in this. Third is to contact Christine. From Christine in an earlier post: If you are interested in finding out more what others have already uncovered, please contact me, and join our group. Christinelolsen@hotmail.com I was released from my contract November 14, 2011, so it can be done!

Amy R.
Feb 22, 2014

amyr328 wrote:
First thing is Do NOT PAY THEM ANOTHER DIME! Second thing is to know that you are not alone in this. Third is to contact Christine. From Christine in an earlier post: If you are interested in finding out more what others have already uncovered, please contact me, and join our group. Christinelolsen@hotmail.com I was released from my contract November 14, 2011, so it can be done!

I am still paying on the original loan, only been in it about 6 months. I am not sure if I sure still pay the original loan, and not the special assessment. Have paid least half of it. They didn't say anything about a special assessment when signed up. Please if you have any information that would help.

Roland B.
May 21, 2014

I TOO FELL FOR ALL THEIR PROMISES TO WHICH I HAVE NEVER GOT TO EXCHANGE NOT ONE TIME BECAUSE NOTHING IS EVER AVALIBLE. I STOPPED PAYING BUT NOW THEY CALL DAILY AND ARE SAYING I WILL BE SUED! ANYONE WITH ANY ANSWERS PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Hillard W.
May 21, 2014

HOW DO I JOIN?

Hillard W.
Jun 05, 2014

Hi - Glad to hear you got rid of your timeshare. We own ours and cannot find a company that will even take our money if we pay them to sell it! Good Buy Timeshare has been "processing" the sale for almost three years as we continued to pay Club Land' Or their annual fees. Now we hear they cannot meet Land 'Ors requirements and wont be transferring it. UGH. How do I get rid of this??!!!

johnp1123 wrote:
I sent Club Ripoff a registered letter about two years ago stating that I was prepared to go to court. I think I offered them $500. on a thousand dollar bill as payment to turn my timeshare back to them. Told them I had no problem flying to D.C. so they should either accept my offer or file in court. One or the other. They accepted. As part of the "settlement" I was supposed to not post anything online about them. (this is the 2nd time I have posted about them on Redweek) I now see on here that they are up to $1100. maintenance fees for that dump! STOP PAYING

Philipa M.
Jun 08, 2014

I've been an owner since 1999, and I also decided that I had enough of the unexplained fees while the resort is getting more run down. I told them I would not pay the special assessment until I had an accounting of what it was used for, but Tim Holt was rude and close to verbally abusive to me on my last phone conversation with them...and he threatened lawsuits and draining my bank accounts. I just hired Finn Law Group of Florida last week to try to end this bogus contract...they said they've dealt with them before and knew a lot of info about them already. Expensive for me, but paying this years maintenance fee and special assessment to be rid of future payments to the rip off owners: priceless!

Dawn J.
Aug 07, 2014

My husband & also got into this trap last june right after we came back a couple of months later we got the letter that we need to pay an special assesment of $ 2,200 Please help us to get rid of this , can we do a group complaint? what do we do?

Beatriz R.

Last edited by beatrizr10 on Aug 07, 2014 04:01 PM

Sep 30, 2014

Please keep us in the loop with this horrible timeshare. We are beside ourselves in excess fees that we can no longer afford or feel they are entitled to even receive because they do nothing to improve the property.

Rainard A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.