Timeshare Companies

VACATION STRATEGY INC. are they a good company?

Sep 20, 2013

I have been approached by Vacation Strategy, Inc. to manage my points. they charge a fee of one year of maintenance fees, then they pay the costs from then on. You can rent them back by paying the maintenance fees for points used. Usually at one half of the cost. Has anyone had experience with them?

Raymond F.
Sep 20, 2013

raymondf59 wrote:
I have been approached by Vacation Strategy, Inc. to manage my points. they charge a fee of one year of maintenance fees, then they pay the costs from then on. You can rent them back by paying the maintenance fees for points used. Usually at one half of the cost. Has anyone had experience with them?
This sounds like the same scam discussed here ..... it's a scam (copy and paste URL):

http://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?thread_id=18198

R P.
Sep 21, 2013

That sounds awfully similar to the company discussed in this thread:

http://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?thread_id=18891

Lance C.
Jan 14, 2018

I have recently been approached by Vacation Strategy to either rent or liquidate my Wyndham Timeshare. They promise no fees. Definitely sounds too good to be true. I would be interested in knowing if anyone has any feedback on this company. While they have an A+ rating on BBB, it's because there are no documented complaints against them. They are not accredited by BBB. I would love to get rid of this timeshare that I've never used. Major impulsive buy that I regret.

Susan P.
Jan 14, 2018

susanp930 wrote:
I have recently been approached by Vacation Strategy to either rent or liquidate my Wyndham Timeshare. They promise no fees. Definitely sounds too good to be true. I would be interested in knowing if anyone has any feedback on this company. While they have an A+ rating on BBB, it's because there are no documented complaints against them. They are not accredited by BBB. I would love to get rid of this timeshare that I've never used. Major impulsive buy that I regret.

Are you aware of Wyndham's "Ovation" (deedback) program? There are 480 posts about it, right in this forum. Wyndham may take your "product" back FOR FREE under Ovation (unless there is still a unpaid loan balance outstanding or unpaid maintenance fees). Why EVER consider getting involved with some obscure, unknown pack of thieves that contacted you out of a clear blue sky, very obviously just looking to separate you from your money? Rest assured, there WILL definitely be costs and once you "pay up", that money will be gone forever, never to return --- with absolutely no results. Do you really believe that these unknown parasites somehow possess "magical escape beans", or have contacted you out of a clear blue sky out of the goodness of their heart?

Repeat to yourself as often as necessary for it to sink in that old saying "A fool and his money are soon parted". Please don't become someone who once again proves that old saying to be absolutely true.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 15, 2018 05:37 AM

Jan 14, 2018

I'm definitely suspicious and am not ready to go forward! It would be easier to walk away from it if I heard from someone who had an actual experience with them or had some concrete information. I have previously contacted the Ovations program and they said they couldn't help me for some reason that made no sense to me. I plan to contact them again. Thank you!

Susan P.
Jan 14, 2018

susanp930 wrote:
I have previously contacted the Ovations program and they said they couldn't help me for some reason that made no sense to me. I plan to contact them again.

Well do so again and again. You might have to come in contact with different people at different levels.

The other option would be to try to list your unit for sale or giveaway here on RedWeek. You can also try Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com) which has a Bargain Deals section that allows you to advertise for free that you want to give your unit away.

Make sure though that your unit is paid off and your maintenance fees are up-to-date.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.