Marriott's Aruba Surf Club

Looking to buy a resale I have some??? Need some advice

Dec 23, 2013

Looking on this site at Resales for the surf club at the 2 bedroom 2 bath lockout. When it's listed as deeded that means for life and its transferable? Floating weeks high or med? What weeks are high and medium? How far in advance do you have to decide what week you would like and how does that work? I was there this past year with my wife and two kids who are 3 and 4 years old and we absolutely loved the place. My wife and I sat thru the pitch for buying points and was turned off. After getting home and looking online it looks like a much better deal to buy a resale. I am looking for any advice pros and cons. Also if you want to trade say your Aruba week for another location how does that work. Thank you for any input

Michael S.
Jan 15, 2014

Hi, Definitely buy a resale from an owner who is a weeks owner. The point system is sketchy....who wants to add up points and perhaps have to buy more just because you want to go at a certain time or check in on a certain day. I am a weeks owner. I have owned at the Marriott for 14 years. I am presently selling my 3 bedroom at the surf club because I want to buy a new home. You can save a fortune if you buy a resale....but just make sure you are buying what you want. Annual use, ocean view floating versus fixed time!!! Once you get that down you get paradise vacations for a lifetime! :) Good luck Charlene

michaels1689 wrote:
Looking on this site at Resales for the surf club at the 2 bedroom 2 bath lockout. When it's listed as deeded that means for life and its transferable? Floating weeks high or med? What weeks are high and medium? How far in advance do you have to decide what week you would like and how does that work? I was there this past year with my wife and two kids who are 3 and 4 years old and we absolutely loved the place. My wife and I sat thru the pitch for buying points and was turned off. After getting home and looking online it looks like a much better deal to buy a resale. I am looking for any advice pros and cons. Also if you want to trade say your Aruba week for another location how does that work. Thank you for any input

Charlene R.
Feb 11, 2014

I have these same questions from the sellers pov

Monica D.
Feb 20, 2014

yes, you will definitely save money buying a resale. We have enjoyed family vacations for 18 years in Aruba using our 2 timeshares. Just confirm that you are purchasing a fixed week rather then floating because you can rarely get the optimum week that you want, deeded is perpetual and can be passed on to your children or family if you choose.

Seth B.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 20, 2014 08:20 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.