Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Sep 22, 2018

I am interested in this , we talked to a company that says they successfully sued and wyndam and won and continue to win against wyndam , only they want about $5200 with half down and monthly payments to pay the rest in a year plus 35% of any money recovered , and it could take anywhere from 4-5 mo up to 2 years for them to sue wyndam on our behalf does not sound like a good deal to usto pay this on top of fees to wyndam , inheritance to anyone who'd be illegal with out their permission , this industry needs better regulation , it's crazy what they can get away with 😡

Jennie B.
Sep 22, 2018

NO. Don't do it.

Louis W.
Sep 22, 2018

If you bite on that deal, all it will prove old P.T. Barnum right. "There's a sucker born every minute."

Jim H.
Sep 23, 2018

jennieb52 wrote:
... we talked to a company that says they successfully sued and wyndam and won and continue to win against wyndam , only they want about $5200 with half down and monthly payments to pay the rest in a year plus 35% of any money recovered... 😡

With the rest of your money, sign up for one of those Extended Warranty plans for your car. ;-)

Stu M.
Sep 23, 2018

A fool and his money are soon parted .

Don P.
Sep 24, 2018

Please let me what u encountered ty

Paul B.
Sep 25, 2018

Updating what’s up with our exit. I’m helping my elderly parents get out of their Wyndham Timeshare which has the names of three of their four children on it, including mine. Their timeshare was paid in full long ago and they were up to date on their monthly maintenance which was $360 a month! We went through Timeshare Exit Team and foolishly paid the $5,000 up front (almost two years ago). Then I heard about the Ovation program a little too late. This forum helped me tremendously and I’m so thankful this exists. I stayed on Timeshare Exit team, writing emails, calling and telling the urgency of this b/c of my parents health and we wanted them out of it ASAP. My 87 year old feeble mom has been stressed about getting out of this. I emailed Dave Ramsey’s office to let them know how long it was taking TET and people were already discussing on forums why he would risk his good reputation on promoting TET who are not getting people out of their Timeshare in a timely manner as their commercial claims. I just couldn’t accept that TET was another scam but it sure has felt like it. After many rounds of that, TET called me encouraging me not to waste my mom’s money and give them a chance to get her out of it. I had actually written TET asking for a refund and they refused. That’s when I called Ramsey’s office and I was told they would be contacting TET and apparently they did....asking them what was up. That call got the ball rolling. You would not believe the paperwork TET sent me???!! We had to sign over 120 pages of documents...the sum of all the owners on the Timeshare is why (5 owners). We got it sent off a month ago and they contacted me yesterday to give me a heads up that we have to pay a fee for all this as well? Lesson learned....don’t go through one of these exit companies! You can go through a title company for goodness sakes. :)

Lynn W.
Sep 27, 2018

We are interested in exiting our Wyndham ownership. A sales rep from another resort (trying to convince us that we could afford to purchase more from them) told us that we could donate our timeshare to a non-profit and at least get a tax right off in addition to not having to pay the maintenance fees. If it is that easy to get out of your timeshare contract, why would we need something like Ovation?

Denyse M.
Sep 27, 2018

I will repeat what I wrote earlier. Call Ovation. Don't be gullible to believe a salesman. They could care less about you other than selling more timeshares you do not need. They gave me 5 companies to sell my timeshare. I chose Fidelity Real Estate. They collect a commission only when your shares are sold. Here is their phone number. Office: 800-831-2990. It worked for me, but, make sure all fees are up to date & be realistic because you will only get a fraction of what you originally paid. Note: I have nothing to do with them other than I don't have Wyndham to nick me for maintenance fees anymore. Yeah!!

Jim H.
Sep 27, 2018

Please do not listen to a sales rep telling you how to get out of your timeshare. They only are interested in their own pockets, and in fleecing yours. If a non-profit (or any other organization) accepts your timeshare, then THEY will have to take over the maintenance fees! They would not be non-profit for long if they did that a lot. I do not believe you can get a tax write-off, either. The value of your timeshare is very likely far less than what you paid for it.

Do as recommended and call Wyndham Ovation. Those aren't sales people, and will (probably) tell you the truth. They helped me, and several others who have posted here. It won't cost you anything to call and talk to Ovation -- but it's my opinion that if you trust one of these others it will keep on costing you. I suppose that is just the way of the timeshare world.

Jim S.

Last edited by jims1139 on Sep 27, 2018 08:01 PM

Sep 28, 2018

denysem8 wrote:
We are interested in exiting our Wyndham ownership. A sales rep from another resort (trying to convince us that we could afford to purchase more from them) told us that we could donate our timeshare to a non-profit and at least get a tax right off in addition to not having to pay the maintenance fees. If it is that easy to get out of your timeshare contract, why would we need something like Ovation?

LISTEN to the input provided by jimh873 and jims1139 above and follow it! You can get out of your Wyndham ownership for free via Ovation, without buying anything else and without any bogus, fraudulent so-called "donation". There is no better, faster or less expensive avenue available to you than Ovation. Period.

And just to correct some of the assorted lies you were apparently told by some hungry resort sales weasel:

1. NO charity or non-profit on Planet Earth wants your maintenance fee obligations any more than you do. NONE. Why would they? It would be a unwanted and unwelcome financial liability for them, just as it currently is now for you. Let's be honest here; it's hardly a "gift" or a donation".

2. Tax "write off" for a donation is Fair Maket Value, according to IRS rules. If you can't even give away a timeshare for free, the math is quite easy --- the fair market value of such a timeshare is precisely ZERO --- so ZERO would be your eligible "write off" amount.

Don't be a fool; you were fed a load of BS and nonsense. Call Wyndham and use Ovation to get yourself out lawfully, quickly and without spending another penny.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 28, 2018 11:59 AM

Oct 10, 2018

My good friend works for a company that can get you out!! It will not cost $4'000 either. I believe you can also trade it in for a program they offer that has no maintenance fees and you can still go on vacation. If you want his phone number reply back and I will get it to you.

Robert E.
Oct 10, 2018

roberte682 wrote:
My good friend works for a company that can get you out!! It will not cost $4'000 either. I believe you can also trade it in for a program they offer that has no maintenance fees and you can still go on vacation. If you want his phone number reply back and I will get it to you.

Yeah, well, MY good friend has $100,000 he will give today to anyone who will come up with a good faith payment of only $5,000. Same deal will be available tomorrow. And tomorrow. ;-) "Give 'em the old Razzle Dazzle." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZb8Qmt1ebs

Stu M.
Oct 10, 2018

If I have a broker sell it on EBay or another site and they make money, do I get that cash or does the broker? How do I keep the broker from taking the sale money? Example, if my timeshare is worth $5K and it sells on ebay for that, I should pay the broker a commission and keep the rest, correct? Just curious.

Katharine J.
Oct 10, 2018

roberte682 wrote:

Pure, unadulterated b*ll$h!t. There are no companies that can "get you out", there are no "programs' with no fees, no magical exits --- and no Santa Claus.

You are a poor excuse for a shill, spouting this self-serving nonsense. Do us all a favor and just go away. Crawl back into the hole from which you have apparently emerged.

I have a "good friend" who is a prosecutor in the District Attorney's office. Would you perhaps like his phone number? If you and / or your "friend" is within his legal jurisdiction, I'm sure he'd love to chat and learn more about what you are (very unconvincingly) peddling here!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 10, 2018 08:18 AM

Oct 10, 2018

katharinej3 wrote:
If I have a broker sell it on EBay or another site and they make money, do I get that cash or does the broker? How do I keep the broker from taking the sale money? Example, if my timeshare is worth $5K and it sells on ebay for that, I should pay the broker a commission and keep the rest, correct? Just curious.

Not sure why you would need or want to use a broker to sell a timeshare, particularly on eBay, but that's certainly your prerogative.

That observation aside, those (relatively few) brokers who will even bother to sell timeshares generally get a percentage of the actual selling price (before closing costs) or a minimum of $1,500, whichever is higher. Rest assured that the broker will get their "piece" before you receive the net proceeds after closing.

You can sell any timeshare that has any market value on your own, without a broker in the middle of things. There are closing companies that will handle all deed details for under $200, but you first need to find your own buyer. RedWeek is a good place to advertise, but your timeshare has to have some resale market value to begin with.

KC
Oct 10, 2018

First of all, there is no Santa Claus helping to get rid of a timeshare. Last night I was telling my friend how timeshares are what I call a negative investment. A sucker (and you can put me on that list) plucks down a 5 figure sum of money & the moment you sign the papers, your money is gone. Flushed down the toilet. Your only return is a weeks vacation somewhere once a year. Whoopee do! When one figures in the monthly maintenance fee, it's the worst waste of your hard-earned money. By the way, thinking you are going to get your investment back by selling it, is akin to squeezing blood from a turnip. My next thought is a cottage industry was created with the growth of timeshares. These are these shady run places that try to convince you they can get rid of your timeshare. They seem to come & go with the tide. They cannot & do not plan to do anything except post a picture & description of your timeshare. For that you forked over $1000 or more. Gimme a break! The Ovation program at Wyndham worked for me. I am out of my timeshare & only paid a real estate broker through an escrow company. Similar to selling a piece of property. If you listen to only this piece of advice this is it. Don't do business with a stranger until you research the company's reviews. And for goodness sake, don't listen to a "friend" until you do your research on this "friend's friend." Finally, if you are being high pressured, hang up!

Jim H.
Oct 18, 2018

I have just begun the process of deeding back my timeshare through Ovation (Wyndham). In our case, Wyndham will take the TS back. The process seems straightforward and the highlights that I know so far :

1. Wyndham determines what they will/can do for the owner 2. Once determined, an email or regular mail packet is sent. This takes approx. 6 weeks to arrive. 3. Once signed by all parties and sent in, a return email is sent to confirm the transaction.

We'll see what happens and I'll keep all posted on the progress.

David M.
Oct 18, 2018

Glad you were able to opt in on this solution. Clearly you are going to lose some "investment" here, but I can say that 3 years of points with no maintenance fees is a good thing. (We have children and grandchildren who are enjoying this.) Our experience with Wyndham on the Ovation solution was very professional and straightforward -- nothing like being imprisoned by the sales weasels. The lesson for our children and grandchildren (and great-grands) in all of this is DO NOT EVER, EVER BUY A TIMESHARE!! It isn't an investment! And also, people will lie to you for their own enrichment and your own loss.

Not to be 100% negative, Wyndham facilities are first class and I have enjoyed them for a long time. I have another 2 years now to enjoy them. When the time is up, I will gladly give up the experience. (I guess I'm only 99% negative.)

davidm2590 wrote:
I have just begun the process of deeding back my timeshare through Ovation (Wyndham). In our case, Wyndham will take the TS back. The process seems straightforward and the highlights that I know so far :

1. Wyndham determines what they will/can do for the owner 2. Once determined, an email or regular mail packet is sent. This takes approx. 6 weeks to arrive. 3. Once signed by all parties and sent in, a return email is sent to confirm the transaction.

We'll see what happens and I'll keep all posted on the progress.

Jim S.
Oct 19, 2018

I am repeating myself on this, but my message is this:The ovation program works. I got rid of 3 timeshares in 3 states and have had no maintenance fees since 2016. This year I have used or given away 990,000 points to friends and relatives who enjoyed the vacations. I have one more year of no fee, 1,000,000 points to use give away, or sell. I definitely wish I had never been suckered in in the first place, but I am most assuredly satisfied with the ovation exit program. Gary Burris

Gary B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.