Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Aug 19, 2016

I was notified on Monday, August 15th that my contracts with Wyndham had been cancelled and deeded back to Wyndham and that my automatic withdrawal for fees had been cancelled. The process took three weeks or less as they said. I was never asked to purchase anything else. I was told they were sending out a new Limited Edition directory from which I can select the travel options to use the three years of points I am given as part of this process and a copy of signed documents. Nothing could have been smoother for me! I read horror stories on Redweek about Wyndham's Ovations program but I can say that, thus far - everything has gone according to what they told me would be and I didn't have a long wait to get it done and I didn't have to buy something else for this deedback to occur. I think it is important to keep in mind that I was willing to walk away without getting any cash back; I didn't choose to sell but I chose to get out of the future maintenance fees! A penny saved is a penny earned! Good luck to all of you who haven't tried this but are considering it.

Suzan W.
Aug 24, 2016

I recently met with Wyndham sales reps who wanted to show me how the Ovation program could, if I was qualified, enable me to give back a Wyndham contract I had purchased, many years ago, on the resale market. Their sales pitch was "If you can take the maintenance dollars currently being paid on the resale and apply it toward additional points wouldn't you be better off?" This also included trying to move some of my platinum Wyndham points to a resort with lower maintenance fees per thousand to save more maintenance dollars hoping to make the deal look attractive. When they ran their numbers I had to show them that two proposals they put on the table were show stoppers due to the fact that the maintenance fee savings where negated by the fact that their least expensive proposal would be costing me an additional $170.00 a month over what I am currently paying. I got what I wanted for the 75 or so minute i gave them - significantly discounted theme park tickets.

Robert B.
Aug 24, 2016

If you are talking to sales staff, they may mention ovations but that isn't what they were selling you. If you want information about ovations specific to what you own, you need to call the number at the beginning of this topic.

Sales staff are commissioned sales staff and will tell you whatever they think will get them a sale even if it involves "fuzzy math" or half truths or in some cases down right lies.

Tracey S.
Aug 24, 2016

First rule is that if a sales persons lips are moving they are lying.

Don P.
Sep 07, 2016

Success with Ovation! I had originally posted on July 27 regarding the deed back process for my Wyndham timeshare (no unpaid balances or points to consider). The documents were received within 2 weeks, and matched what we had discussed (no legal or partial year fees for us, and no offered value for the timeshare by them). We signed and returned promptly, and received today their confirmation that our contract was CANCELLED. Considering the many variations of timeshare ownership, it is probable that Wyndham can only make these no cost/no value offers where the properties justify it. Personally, I applaud Wyndham for taking the higher road on timeshare exit solutions.

Robert C.
Sep 07, 2016

robertc1616 wrote:
Success with Ovation! ... Considering the many variations of timeshare ownership, it is probable that Wyndham can only make these no cost/no value offers where the properties justify it. Personally, I applaud Wyndham for taking the higher road on timeshare exit solutions.

We, too, had success with Ovation and are happy that Wyndham made this quick exit program available. Trouble is, the combination of monies paid to buy the timeshare interest, plus all the annual maintenance fees, added together and divided through by the number of nights actually used, wasn't a "good deal." We came out "OK" only because we were a long-time owner. The lesson for any newcomers to timeshares who read this Redweek Topic is never buy a timeshare except on the secondary market *and* compare the per-night cost of purchase plus maintenance with deals in hotels (e.g. Residence Inn), and timeshare rentals.

Stu M.
Sep 08, 2016

markl18 (last posted 09/07/16)

Good to hear you had success with Ovation. Your lesson to newcomers is spot on!

"The lesson for any newcomers to timeshares who read this Redweek Topic is never buy a timeshare except on the secondary market *and* compare the per-night cost of purchase plus maintenance with deals in hotels (e.g. Residence Inn), and timeshare rentals".

We too were long time owners (40 years) and went through more than a few unit upgrades, resort owners, facility expansions, resort owners, etc, etc. Our long term costs were never even closely recovered by our usage, including the discounted vacations we received at their associated resorts. But I consider myself lucky, as many other resorts in the Pocono Mountains area went bankrupt in surprisingly short order.

Robert C.
Sep 13, 2016

I have timeshare to sell but I've been burned by the money down scam. Is there anyway we can work around that?

Alvin K.
Sep 13, 2016

alvink17 wrote:
I have timeshare to sell but I've been burned by the money down scam. Is there anyway we can work around that?

Consider reading through the many pages of comments in this "thread" about Wyndham's "Ovation" program. Many timeshare owners have written their thoughts about getting rid of unwanted properties. Many gripes, many ideas, many warnings.

Stu M.
Sep 15, 2016

I'm definitely interested in seeing what they have to offer. We've owned Worldmark Points for more than 20 years and almost from the very beginning, we've complained that we can never book time when or where we want to go. Please let me know what's involved in having you follow my experience.

Anna H.
Sep 15, 2016

annah124 wrote:
I'm definitely interested in seeing what they have to offer. ... Please let me know what's involved ....

Just make a direct call to Wyndham at 1-855-312-9040. It's just plain that easy.

Stu M.
Sep 15, 2016

annah124 wrote:
I'm definitely interested in seeing what they have to offer. We've owned Worldmark Points for more than 20 years and almost from the very beginning, we've complained that we can never book time when or where we want to go. Please let me know what's involved in having you follow my experience.

I don't believe Worldmark is part of ovations. That being said worldmark accounts of any size have some resale value so if you don't like it, then I think it will be fairly easy to find a taker. Check out some Worldmark owners groups for directions in selling. Ovation is primarily about giving back weeks that have very little resale value for free. There are some owners who bought direct at certain Wyndham properties and they are being offered 3 years of points with no MF's when they give back their deed(s).

Tracey S.
Sep 19, 2016

I joined this forum to give folks our experience with the program to date. I called the Ovation line on 8/3 requesting information on the program. The individual was very professional and provided the information as requested. I called back on 8/4 and requested to be enrolled in the limited edition program. Within hours I received an email with our case number and the following day an email from our assigned case manager.

When I asked when the paperwork would arrive he stated that none would be sent until phone interview/call was completed. One was scheduled and completed 8/24. During the call we went over the details of the program and the advisor made sure we understood the terms of the program. (no sales tactics at all, very professional and succinct) At the end of the meeting I was told to expect the document package within 2 weeks via email. If i did not receive it by 9/8 I was to call him back.

On 9/8 we still have not received the documents and I called the case manager and was advised that they have received a much higher response to the program than they anticipated and the department responsible for putting the packages together were . They hope to have the documents out within 1-2 weeks. As of this writing, 9/18, we have not received the package.

I'll update this post when the status changes.

To close the loop on this post.

9/21 Document package received, signed, notarized, and mailed back on 9/24. Received at Wyndham 9/26

11/11 - received notification that we're enrolled in the Limited Edition for 3 yrs. We're now officially out from under our timeshare.

Mike

Mike M.

Last edited by mikem1605 on Nov 17, 2016 10:26 AM

Sep 20, 2016

I've owned for too many years. I made the first step Sept 8... sending a request through my Wyndham account for someone to contact me about Ovation. As of today, Sept 20, no response. I hope to update this with better news soon. I guess next I will try to find a phone number for them.

Elle J.
Sep 20, 2016

I just contacted the ovation program, they said they need to make sure the title is free and clear and the maintenance fees are up to date. If all is in order they will send me some paper work to sign and that will be the end of it. no fees or nothing else to buy. It will take them 3 to 4 weeks to get us the paperwork. We have a fixed week deed no mortgage. I will try to give an update to let you know how it goes.

Jason M.
Sep 21, 2016

ellej3 wrote:
I've owned for too many years. I made the first step Sept 8... sending a request through my Wyndham account for someone to contact me about Ovation. As of today, Sept 20, no response. I hope to update this with better news soon. I guess next I will try to find a phone number for them.

They won't call you; you call them. Just make a direct call to Wyndham at 1-855-312-9040. It's just plain that easy. And read the posts on this site that precede your entry. EVERYthing you need to know is already posted somewhere in the last few pages.

Stu M.

Last edited by markl18 on Sep 21, 2016 06:44 AM

Sep 21, 2016

I have recently contacted Wyndhams Ovation scheme with a view to selling my timeshare. So far no response.

Pamela W.
Sep 21, 2016

I am a Wyndham owner and want to sell my timeshare. We can never get the time or the places we want to stay even the place we are deeded to which is Panama City florida. I have .logged on to the owner's website and sent them an email to get more information on the Ovation program but still haven't got a response back from them.

Deborah S.
Sep 21, 2016

pamelaw232 wrote:
I have recently contacted Wyndhams Ovation scheme with a view to selling my timeshare. So far no response.

They don't buy your timeshare -- they just take it back. You should call 1-855-312-9040 and talk to the rep who picks up the phone. As documented in this Redweek topic, Ovation has worked without a hitch for those of us -- including me -- who are owners of points at properties they want to take back, who are fully paid off, who are current on maintenance fees, and who have either no reservations or are willing to give up reservations. Ovation worked fine for me. Service was very prompt. And we got three years worth of "free" points, too.

Stu M.

Last edited by markl18 on Sep 21, 2016 01:23 PM

Sep 21, 2016

deborahs599 wrote:
I have logged on to the owner's website and sent them an email to get more information on the Ovation program but still haven't got a response back from them.

And you probably won't. Why not just make a direct phone call to Wyndham at 1-855-312-9040?

Stu M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.