Timeshare Companies

Wyndham's new "Ovation" program offers exit solutions for their owners... interested?

Jun 20, 2018

amya357 wrote:
I'm trying to understand as we were told you have to have your credits completely paid for to enroll in a program. Is this correct?

Yes. You must be "paid off" and you must surrender any reservations you may have made.

Stu M.
Jun 20, 2018

Just an update on my situation regarding the Ovation program. After sending the required paperwork back to Wyndham, I waited a month without any notification that the properties had indeed transferred back to Wyndham. Although they did not contact me when it happened, the maintenance fees bills stopped the month after transfer. So, from the date of initial contact with Wyndham about Ovation, until total elimination of maintenance fees, I only had to pay 3 months of maintenance fees. Better and faster than I was originally told. I actually have to wait until October before my 3 years of the limited edition of timeshare use, but that doesn't bother me. I look at the "Limited Edition" program as a bonus, as my main concern was eliminating maintenance fees and legal obligations for my heirs.

Douglas S.
Jun 22, 2018

I unknowingly purchased points by the sales people fraud. They said I was the survivor on the account. You see I have a serious medical condition and it was very obvious they even helped me with it. So after growling hours of pressure I thought it was all done. I just had to initial some papers and our kids would inherit the time share from there father my ex. Well I never saw the paper work. I told them I had no job due to my illness. But I was put on as primary. I never new. Went another resort to fix it. Put it in his name like it should be. Got more points was the only way. I was off deed to him. Still no job, no income. They had it right this time. No deed back necessary. Again I have an episode from all the stress they start laying out . I am not even there for the nigotiations. Outside fire 2 hours brought in they said sign here and your all done. BahHa. Gave him a little black tablets in case off we went. He tried to book to use his points but was told / years out is minimum required for many resorts. So I called and said I need hardship, I explained what happened. The mix up now I have a fixed income 200 percent below poverty level. I can never wirk again. I do believe this is harxsbip and they knew I was going to apply again for Disability when I was getting my name off. They said I don't qualify. I was under the influence of pretty potent meds they helped me take. Understanding my issue. I don't recall every thing boy I wish I taped outside that special office. Now they have destroyed my credit. I can't even rent a place to live and I am disabled and they knew it and said they fixed it I was all set. They destroyed me. By the grace of god I am living somewhere but saddest part the landlord does not know. I had a credit score of 795 now 525 thank you club Whyndham.. maxed out credit cRds paying maintain expenses fees, etc. Never used 1 sticker point. Paid out a lot. The trst of my retirement money, while trying to get it all fixed. So now this is my story of there fraud, my life now. How heartless they are. So now foreclosing on me. This is all morally wrong. How do they sleep, I am not. I am so upset. There are posts by former employees that talk about there dirty tactics to make them a check. Probably gonna need a go find me page so I can file bankruptcy now. I don't drive due to my condition so I don't even have a car too live in. I have nothing now thanks to these lying spineless sales people. Oh my points they said are not even worth what he paid. 40k plus maybe more 16% interest then daily interest. I had no clue. I didn't pay a penny he did all that. I lost money on an investment that he was going to pay back when they got it straightened out the 2nd time. They have records the validate what I am saying. Went trough 3 people to decide I can afford 40k plus fees on less then 800.00 per month. They are not letting me out of it at all. Good luck everyone. I wish I never heard there name. I am too old to recover from this. Pray for karma. If there truly is a god that I believe in then may his wrath come down upon all those invoked in selling deceit , fraudulent timeshares. Making disabled people homeless and not caring about anyone but there mighty dollar. Shame on you. That's all p

Cateina C.
Jun 22, 2018

We bought from Worldmark/TrendWest over 20 years ago, and then added shares, both resale and from the company directly. Ovation paid us an "incentive" of about 1/3 of our total investment, have no idea why, but we're happy. The whole process took about 6 weeks and we had no problems . Good experience.

Anne S.
Jul 17, 2018

Hi -

My father was a Wyndham VIP Member. He has over one million points. He passed away in October and my brother and I have been paying the maintenance fees. Dad left this timeshare in a trust. My brother is the executor. Can he sign up for the Ovation program, or does he have to pay for a year and put the timeshare in his name? Any thoughts would be helpful on how we can enjoy the three years on Ovation without paying anymore the maintenance fees.

Cari H.
Jul 17, 2018

Just call them and ask. I'd bet they'd play ball.

Stu M.
Jul 17, 2018

I can say I am happy to be finally rid of the biggest rip off corporation in America. They should be in prison for fraud, extorting the elderly, disabled by there own past employees admissions who sued Whyndham and won. But they are teflon. You see they have many attorneys corporate who the average American can't fight against. You lose either way. But I am a winner. Sorry America. I am disabled. Instead of being held accountable for fraud, destroying my life, credit. So I can't even rent a place I had no choice but to bankrupt them out. It sickens me to have to do this but they took advantage lird, there is no military discount. They laughed at me when I said I received it. See how disposable they are. Laughing uncontrolling like that was a great line. So now I have filed. Mixed emotions. Taken advantage of for being a military family, the odasity. They should get a corpal punishment for the decietfulness envoked. Mine is not paid off. But it soon will and they can shove it down there lying mouths. My only resolution . Now we can't even get a va house. Totally destroyed. Wish you all the best in your ability to exit. Like I say karma is a ***** Whyndham I will tell everyone to stay away. And yes freedom of speech I will walk with a poster board how you deceitfully defrauded us. Hello North Carolina, destin😳, Panama City. I have the book. Will bounce back with God's speed and keep others out of harms way we hope. Bless you all.

Cateina C.
Jul 18, 2018

FYI, mine is final.... ya, I paid like $25K 11 yrs ago, but ya know, I have used it at least 1-2X a year so, I think I got my money's worth. Ya figure, that's about $2200 a year plus maintenance of $1600 a year so about $3800 a year and I could usually squeeze two weeks out of that every year so about $270 a night on average. No bargain... some of the places I could have rented myself for $150 a night while others were upwards of $600 a night like when I stayed in France. SO, I look at it like I didn't LOSE any money, more like a savings account, but if you don't use it then it's a waste of money. ALSO, the reason I ultimately bailed is because there is never any inventory or places to stay when and where I want to, so if I am going to pay $200-$300 a night I want to be able to go when and where I want. My paperwork is final, no more Wyndham and no more fees, the end. Glad I did it. I miss looking up stuff, but it seemed more like a lottery or a radio call in contest trying to find a room.... old habits die hard. Good luck everyone, but no, it is not a scam and it was clean and simple and final.

Kathy H.
Jul 19, 2018

That assessment is 100% accurate, in my former platinum member opinion. The give back is a real steal by that company, but nowhere near as big a steal AS THEY AND ALL THEIR EMPLOYEES DO TO THEIR CUSTOMERS AND SUCKERS UPFRONT AND OVER SUCCESSIVE YEARS OF OWNERSHIP. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE OVATION PROGRAM WHILE YOU CAN. I AM DOWN ABOUT $400,000 Over The past 10 years, but now my adult children will never inherit that liability!!!!!

Gary B.
Jul 20, 2018

Of course they'll never inherit that liability. Contrary to what a lot of these get-out-of-your-timeshare companies try to scare you into believing, children are never forced to inherit unwanted timeshares.

Lance C.
Jul 20, 2018

!/3 is a lot better than NOTHING. WorldMark are still a bunch of crooks but not as bad as Wyndham. I think the Mafia offers better deals than Wyndham.

Al B.
Jul 27, 2018

We are really interested how to get out of our timeshare asap. Thank you

Teo I.
Jul 27, 2018

teoi wrote: We are really interested how to get out of our timeshare asap. Thank you.

Do you have a Wyndham timeshare? Then just read right here a few pages of posting by others for background information. After you do that, have your deed or account number at hand and call Wyndham Ovation. If they want what you have, you're probably home free. If not -- that is, if Wyndham does not want it or it's not a Wyndham timeshare that you have -- learn how to advertise your timeshare and sell it yourself right here on Redweek. Join T.U.G. Check prices on eBay. Find an agent to sell it for you. He/she will take a hefty commission, but it will be gone. In any case, though, do NOT pay anybody up front to "take your timeshare off your hands." And be patient. As the old saying goes, plan your work (your escape from your timeshare), and work your plan.

Stu M.

Last edited by markl18 on Jul 27, 2018 03:42 PM

Jul 28, 2018

Of course not forced to take it over, but if somebody inherits one with one of those 21.99% Apr mortgages, a foreclosure is quite likely, which is a permanent stain on their Fico score. Defaulting on maintenance fees can result in a judgement which extends to one's credit score as well and will certainly increase the rate on any new loan or credit card they may want to acquire. One instance of pleasure versus a lifetime of pain hardly seems worth 2 myrtle beach show tickets

Gary B.
Jul 28, 2018

garyb756 wrote: "Of course not forced to take it over, but if somebody inherits one with one of those 21.99% Apr mortgages, a foreclosure is quite likely, which is a permanent stain on their Fico score. Defaulting on maintenance fees can result in a judgement which extends to one's credit score as well and will certainly increase the rate on any new loan or credit card they may want to acquire."

As I understand things from my own attorney and various readings, no one has to accept what he/she might inherit. If I have an elephant and will it to you, meaning that you have inherited it, you do NOT have to ACCEPT it. You write a letter of disclaimer and walk away. Check with your own attorney and/or estate planner.

Stu M.
Jul 29, 2018

I broached the subject with an elder care attorney in 2012. She was updating our wills and trust agreements at the time. Her response was "good luck-I know of no way out and I don't know where to start on something like that." She didn't even want to research the subject at her hourly rate of $ 600.

Gary B.
Jul 29, 2018

I recently contacted Club wyndham Ovation concerning the deed back program . We were tired of paying the high maintenance fees in addition to the other fees . After making a phone call Ovation was very prompt in faxing the necessary documents to transfer the deeded TIMESHARE. After timely submitting the required documents the entire process from beginning to completing took about 4 weeks. What a relief . Glad We took advantage of the offer. We are saving a minimum of $100 @ month!!

Peach L.
Jul 29, 2018

garyb756 --

I first got my info on letters of disclaimer from one of the editors or legal writers for T.U.G. My own attorney verified it. Your attorney/estate planner's attitude does not strike me as helpful to you. Separately but very important, I've been told repeatedly that timeshare law, like condo law, is very, very different state to state; yet another attorney said, "Don't pay someone in [my] state to research timeshare law in [some other] state. Suggestion: Might be worth your finding an attorney in the state where your timeshare is, with an office in the same town/area/county as your timeshare, and have him/her supply a helpful answer.

Stu M.
Jul 30, 2018

Thanks for the advice. My attorney is a sole practitioner in South Carolina and my timeshare was located in Myrtle Beach, SC. I got out of any obligation for myself or my son's by utilizing the Ovation program.

Gary B.
Jul 31, 2018

I have a question, because we also bought from trendwest about 17 years ago. Ovation gave you money back? Yours is the only post I have seen on here that says they got some money back, so I guess my question is did you get the limited credit option that others are talking about, or did your option have a different name? I don't know if I am asking this right. I am just hoping to get something back on this because it just is a total money pit, and we are over it. I am happy for your situation and just hope we can get something like yours.

Christina G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.