Ask RedWeek

Resort Management group

Sep 15, 2015

I got an email today from this company offering to buy my timeshare and take 7% commission. Is anyone familiar with this company

Thank you Barbara

Barbara S.
Sep 15, 2015

barbaral261 wrote:
I got an email today from this company offering to buy my timeshare and take 7% commission. Is anyone familiar with this company

How does that even make sense? Think about it! Why would this company buy your timeshare and then take 7% commission? Why not just subtract the 7% commission from the purchase price?

Do the math. Let's say the company agrees to buy your unit for $1000. Seven per cent would be $70. So the company is basically saying "We'll buy it from you for $1000 but then you have to give us $70 back." And I'm guessing the company is offering to buy it from you for much more than $1000.

Lance C.
Sep 15, 2015

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to buy or sell your timeshare. Like Lance stated let them take it out of the sale. All they want is your upfront money. It's a SCAM !!!!

Don P.
Sep 16, 2015

It wasn't what happened. They sent me an email with a purchase order for $24,000 stating they needed the first page of my contract. I didn't speak to them. Someone had called stating the company was interested in purchasing time shares and as a trade for a vacation club with RCI. They ask you to watch a video telling you what a Great deal this vacation club is. NOT!!! It is a scam. Below is what the email said. Of course it is a joke. I reported it to American Consumer Credit.

" We spoke to you by phone the other day regarding your property. Please review the purchase offer and let us know if the offer is acceptable or if changes are required. Please send us a confirmation e-mail as soon as possible so that we can issue you a sales agreement after accepting the offer. Also, we will need a copy of the first page of your contract with the proper number, showing the correct spelling of the legal name (s) on the contract. Sincerely, Monica Hernandez Resort Management Group

They are thieves

Barbara S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.