Timeshare Exchanges

Transferring a Timeshare with a Timeshare Transfer company?

Jul 27, 2016

Hello all,

We've had a timeshare for a little over 2 years. Never used it and it seems like the remaining balance is the same as what it was when we bought it. We heard about a company called Lonestar Transfers here in TX that can "transfer" our timeshare so that it was like we never signed the contract. Their lawyer fee is $3,495 for their services and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with getting rid of a timeshare through this company or any transfer companies, and if so, is it worth the money? We owe quite more than the $3,495 on the timeshare so it would be nice to not have to pay on that for the next 12 years.....

I've done a little research about selling our timeshare but it seems like a hassle and takes a long time, so I'm not looking for any suggestions on that.

Thanks in advance!

Lalita I.
Jul 27, 2016

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract. Scammers are everywhere looking for victims like yourself that are desperate to get out of their obligation. Nobody can get you free especially if it's not paid off. Even the resort won't take it back if you owe money. Don't throw good money after bad. You made a contract good or bad and the best way to deal with it is contact the resort yourself and see if you can negotiate a settlement with them. Good luck .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jul 27, 2016 07:37 AM

Jul 27, 2016

lalitai wrote:
Their lawyer fee is $3,495 for their services...We owe quite more than the $3,495 on the timeshare so it would be nice to not have to pay on that for the next 12 years.....

So let me get this straight. You owe the mortgage lender >$3495 but paying the law firm $3495 will make the mortgage magically disappear? That sounds like a good deal for you and for the lawyer but what will happen to the mortgage lender and the money you owe? I don't think the lender will like this deal?

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.