Jan 06, 2017

Due to increased annual timeshare maintenance, property taxes and assessments with Holiday Inn Resorts, I have reached my breaking point on Timeshare ownership, but will spare you the detail & drama.

I am merely seeking some sound advice to rid myself of my timeshares @ Orange Lake that I still owe mortgage balance on, without ruining my credit rating?

Thank you sincerely,

DFP

Dale P.
May 22, 2017

Best case scenario is that someone will take it over. Depending on what units and weeks you own and what you still owe you may have to pay it off to get rid of it. What weeks and units do you have and what do you still owe? Are the units fixed weeks or are you on points with HICV? EM if you like at abeenv.bj@gmail.com

Bill J.
Mar 29, 2018

I am in the same situation. I am retiring soon and cannot afford these maintenance fees. I have 2 weeks in Orange lake , orlando florida all paid for. I have contacted this group, timeshare exit team. I hear I have to pay 4000 to 5000 to get rid of these weeks. Otherwise I would give it away to anybody who wants it.

Rosanna P.
Dec 07, 2018

I would like to get rid of my orange lake properties.

kristinej5 It' s not always necessary to pay huge sums of money to get out of your timeshare. We own at Orange Lake as well and know of other owners who may take the units for you or recommend low cost ways to get out of them. Email me at abeenv.bj@gmail.com and let me know what you have ( weeks, village, fees, etc ) and I'll see what I can do.

Jacquelyn T.

Last edited by phyl21 on Apr 27, 2021 02:21 PM

Jan 22, 2020

My Mother in law has an Orange Lake timeshare. No Mortgage and Maintenance each year is $1000.00 . She is dying and we would like to transfer deed to someone. None of her children want to take over. One week, owned since 1988.

T T.
Apr 27, 2021

Did you have any luck giving your mother-in-law's timeshare away? we are in the same situation. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Byron

Byron P.

Last edited by phyl21 on Apr 27, 2021 02:21 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.