Ask RedWeek

Redweek fee for using their site

Jan 25, 2017

How much does Redweek charge when you arrange a rental with their site?

Frank S.
Jan 25, 2017

Frank -

RedWeek does not charge a fee when you book a rental through our site. In most cases, you pay the owner directly. The only fee you pay RedWeek is for a membership, which runs $18.99 for the yearly membership.

If you have further questions, please Contact Us.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Sep 27, 2017

Do I have to be a member to rent from someone posting on your site?

Tim H.

Last edited by timh279 on Sep 27, 2017 07:15 AM

Sep 27, 2017

Tim,

Yes -- a RedWeek membership is required in order to contact an owner. The 12-month membership runs just $18.99.

We have found that timeshare owners advertising on the free sites are often inundated with "inquiries" from spammers or scammers. Most of these individuals won't pay a membership fee in order to conduct their "business," so our owners' time is free to deal with only serious inquiries.

If you purchase a membership, and then are unable to complete a rental transaction, please let us know within 30 days and we will be happy to fully refund your membership fee.

If you have any further questions, please Contact Us or visit our Resources section: Resources.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 27, 2017 07:59 AM

Sep 28, 2017

As a long time RedWeek member who has bought, sold, rented and / or rented out timeshares numerous times on RedWeek over the course of some years now, I can honestly say that the paid membership requirement truly goes a very long way toward repelling scammers and spammers and insincere "tire kickers". Such people just won't "pay to play". The scammers also don't want to ever leave a "paper trail" behind them, revealing their true identity and / or location. I for one am very grateful to have all of those time-wasters and parasites completely weeded out well ahead of time.

The RedWeek membership fee is less than $20 per year. Anyone who won't pay $20 in order to more safely conduct a thousand dollar (or multi-thousand dollar) transaction is simply being "penny wise and pound foolish", at least in my opinion.

Craigslist is free, but has a healthy population of assorted scammers, spammers, tire kickers, bottom feeders and con artists. No thanks; I'll "pass" on dealing with those types.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 02, 2017 07:14 AM

Oct 07, 2017

Is it possible to rent multiple units and have them be at least in same building for same week? Planning family vacation.

Deborah G B.
Oct 07, 2017

Yes it is possible to do this if available especially from a points owner who can reserve exactly what you want. Early planning is important so reservations can be made to lock in your requests. Dave

Dave
Aug 28, 2018

This is not accurate as I just rented and there was a $107.50 service fee.

phyl21 wrote:
Frank -

RedWeek does not charge a fee when you book a rental through our site. In most cases, you pay the owner directly. The only fee you pay RedWeek is for a membership, which runs $18.99 for the yearly membership.

If you have further questions, please Contact Us.

Phyllis

Cynthia N.
Aug 28, 2018

cynthian57 - This response was posted in 2017, prior to the implementation of RedWeek payment protection. RedWeek now offers the option of payments going directly to RedWeek via credit card. If a renter uses this option, there is a service charge of 5% of the rental fee or $50 minimum.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Aug 28, 2018 08:50 AM

Mar 09, 2019

Is there still a processing fee and 5% service charge fee?

Is there anyway to NOT have to pay the fees?

phyl21 wrote:
cynthian57 - This response was posted in 2017, prior to the implementation of RedWeek payment protection. RedWeek now offers the option of payments going directly to RedWeek via credit card. If a renter uses this option, there is a service charge of 5% of the rental fee or $50 minimum.

Sara R.
Mar 09, 2019

Sara R.: All full-service postings use RedWeek payments. These postings are highlighted in green and will say "Posted by RedWeek Full Service Team" on the posting page.

All other postings are managed by the owner and you can click on the "Ask a Question" link to see what type of payment the owner will accept. The pro's and con's of the various payment methods can be viewed on this page: Payment Method Comparison (https://www.redweek.com/resources/payment-method-comparison)

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Mar 10, 2019

Weekly rates- if a unit is listed at $1200 per week, is that truly what you pay or are their taxes and additional fees required? I am new to this so how is the renter assured of the integrity of the rental agreement? So much out there to be concerned about.

smiller
Mar 10, 2019

smiller: Typically the price posted is all you will pay. If we know a resort charges additional fees for taxes, parking, etc. those fees are notated on the resort page. Since we don't have information on every resort, and policies do change, you should confirm with the owner and/or resort if you will be charged any additional fees.

If you rent a posting with the verified and protected flag, you can make your payment to RedWeek via credit card. We do not disburse payment to the owner until two days after check in. The renter pays a processing fee of 5% of the rental price when using RedWeek payments.

If you are not using RedWeek payments, then please visit this page for more information about recommended steps, protection and payment options: Rental Process

(https://www.redweek.com/resources/rental-process/buyer)

Please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page if you have further questions or need assistance.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Mar 10, 2019 11:49 AM

Dec 18, 2022

I'm renting my timeshare through Redweek for $1500. Will I receive $1500 plus taxes or am I responsible for the taxes.

Thank you

Joanie Newman

Joanie N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.