Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Experience with RedWeek Full Service Team rental

Apr 27, 2017

Does anyone have any experience renting from a timeshare with the Redweek Full Service Team? I am going thru one right now and it is so painfully slow and inefficient. Have been working on it for 3 weeks now and still not done. In the mean time my backup option will walk away soon. Anyone else experience the same? thx

Herb C.
Apr 28, 2017

Follow up: the deal did not happen. The owner had issues with the terms of the agreement and decided to cancel the listing. Who is at fault? Well, as the perspective renter, I was highly disappointed that the RedWeek agent never once called me despite my many emails asking her to call. I wanted to speak to her live because 1) she usually does not answer all my emailed questions and 2) her answers triggered additional questions. The emails went back and forth for 3 weeks. A couple of short live conversations over the phone could have easily compressed the 3 weeks down to a couple of days. If there was better communication, I could have saved the 3 to 6 hours that I invested in the process. Also, maybe we could have addressed the owner's concerns. Bottom line, I will never use Redweek Full Service rental or rent from it. The agent doesnt have the answers to the questions, and having an intermediary in the middle only slows down the communication and prevents trust building.

Herb C.
Apr 29, 2017

herbc18 wrote:
Follow up: the deal did not happen. The owner had issues with the terms of the agreement and decided to cancel the listing.

I have never used RedWeek "Full Service" on either side of a transaction myself, but I HAVE read a number of timeshare owner complaints on other timeshare discussion forums stating that the RedWeek rental contract terms are very heavily "slanted" to favor and protect the tenant with little protection (and unacceptable delay in payment) for the owner. If that assertion is correct (I do not claim to know), I can certainly understand any owner bailing out of the RedWeek "full service" gig entirely, even after paying for an ad listing. Owners have a financial investment to protect, as well as annual maintenance fees to cover for their timeshare. All of that aside however, there is no excuse to not have kept you fully informed in a timely manner regarding the status of your intended transaction.

Personally, I have never needed (or wanted) ANY middleman involvement when I rent a timeshare as a tenant or when I rent out a timeshare that I own. What does a "middleman" know about the property anyhow? Probably absolutely nothing. Unfortunately however, trust can be elusive on either side of any private, Internet based timeshare transaction, partly because the timeshare industry has such a stained reputation from the shady practices of deceitful timeshare developer sales weasels and partly because there are a lot of other thieving parasites and scammers associated with the timeshare "after market". As a result, mutual trust can be a bit difficult (but certainly not impossible) to achieve.

With no "middleman", my own opinion (and personal experience) is that trust can always be built between owner and tenant with good communication, including some direct phone conversation, from which both parties can gain some confidence in the credibility and legitimacy of the other. In several decades of timeshare experience, I've never been burned as either an owner or a tenant. However, some owners don't want to be pestered by insincere "tire kickers" or "scammers" or "low ball offer negotiators", so they choose instead to just pay a fee and turn their rental over to a "middleman" to deal with potential tenants FOR them. I personally will NOT consider any sale or rental if there is ANY "middleman" involved, regardless of which side of a transaction I am on. To each their own, of course.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 02, 2017 04:58 AM

May 02, 2017

We sincerely regret to hear that you weren’t satisfied with the communication that took place throughout the rental process.I have reviewed all of the communication that took place and it appears that your main concern was to find out of any additional fees needed to be paid at the resort. Your assigned representative had covered those fees multiple times and when you contacted by telephone, the representative that you spoke to reiterated the same information and offered to answer any additional questions that you may have had. As a reminder, RedWeek.com is an internet based company and our primary form of communication is email. If you need to speak to our support team, you may do so by calling our dedicated line for Full Service support. If a representative isn’t available, please be sure to leave a message and they will return your call you as soon as they are available. We certainly value your feedback, as we are always looking to see where we can improve our service. Thanks for being a part of RedWeek.com!

Lorna Q.
RedWeek.com
May 02, 2017

The above message does not specify to whom it is addressed. For the record, I have had no such communications so must assume that the non-addressed response is for herbc18.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 02, 2017 05:16 AM

May 02, 2017

I am assuming the Redweek reply was addressed to me. However, the additional fees was only one of the issues as there were other issues such as process for requesting room location, possible to offer for a lower price than whats advertised, which building was closed for renovation during the stay, what are the issues that the owner had with the agreement, the agreement had the incorrect rental amount, the agent did not submit the offer to the owner, and other questions...

If you read my emails, you will see that I left my number and requested the agent to call me many times throughout the 3 weeks. At the beginning , she said she will call but never did. This was a total waste of time for me. If Redweek is motivated to build a full service rental business, it needs to seriously evaluate what value it provides to the process. As of now it only slows down the process and keeps the owner and renters in the dark from each other. It is a terrible business model that will not succeed.

Herb C.
Dec 12, 2017

I am disappointed with the full service as well. I have rented my unit in Hawaii for the upcoming Christmas/New Years holidays and have concerns with the new payment service Checkbook IO. It does not work in Canada! I have been sending emails to costumer service since October and have received no response to date. Considering the quick response time when you are looking at renting your unit, the response time concerning payment is completely unacceptable.

Nancy M.
Apr 24, 2018

Question is "RedWeek Full Service Team" part of the Redweek Company or is it another company?

Is Redweek also getting into being a middleman/person?

????

Paul P.
Apr 24, 2018

Paul -

RedWeek now provides two options for owners who want to rent or sell their timeshare: the traditional do-it-yourself method and the full-service option. The full-service option was added for owners who may not feel comfortable using the computer, handling a rental or resale themselves, or just don't have the time. We have had a greater than anticipated response from owners choosing the full-service method. You can find more information about both options on our Resources page: https://www.redweek.com/resources.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Oct 04, 2018

Think I AM INTERESTED IN USING THIS SERVICE / COULD NOT FIND THE SERVICE FEE

Stephen M.
Oct 04, 2018

stephenm250 - You will find information on the full-service option by going to the Resources tab and then looking under the frequently asked questions section. Or you can go directly to the page here: Full Service Timeshare Rentals

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.