Ask RedWeek

Why Are So Many Of the Timeshare Reviews So Dated?

May 16, 2018

I see so many of the reviews of the various resorts going back as far as 2003 -2004. Why are the reviews not updated with more recent feedback? Especially since so many upgrades, additions, and other changes have take place to the resorts over the past 10 years or more?

Jeffrey G.
May 17, 2018

jeffreyg92 wrote:
I see so many of the reviews of the various resorts going back as far as 2003 -2004. Why are the reviews not updated with more recent feedback? Especially since so many upgrades, additions, and other changes have take place to the resorts over the past 10 years or more?

Resort reviews don't just magically appear on their own out of a clear blue sky. Reviews only occur when someone actually takes the time and makes the effort to prepare and submit a resort review.

Personally, I always write a detailed review for every timeshare property I visit, usually within a few days (or a week at most) after staying there, but most people frankly won't even bother to exert the small effort required. That's unfortunate, since reviews help others to see different (and current) observations and perspectives from a variety of people about any given timeshare property.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 22, 2018 05:18 AM

May 17, 2018

"Resort reviews don't just magically fall out of the sky?" Well personally I guess you're a good person? These resorts are packed every year, and some have the most recent comments from 2003? I guess the rest of the world needs to be a good person like you. thanks

Jeffrey G.
May 21, 2018

A few years back I made a suggestion to offer some kind of incentive or reward for writing reviews. I suggested something like a membership extension by 1 month for every 2 reviews but Redweek must not have liked the idea.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.