Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

hi guy,i have a quesstion,please help me!

May 30, 2018

We were discussing a purchase with a sales person at a Cobo time share that their price was to high. When we brought up buying a resale he ranted on that 3rd party resale owners don't get the same benefits as the original owner. IE, if we bought a even year time share we could not accelerate another even year forward into a odd year as we can when we buy from the resort. Anyone have experience like this?

Akvjb C.
May 30, 2018

akvjbc wrote:
We were discussing a purchase with a sales person at a Cobo time share that their price was to high. When we brought up buying a resale he ranted on that 3rd party resale owners don't get the same benefits as the original owner. IE, if we bought a even year time share we could not accelerate another even year forward into a odd year as we can when we buy from the resort. Anyone have experience like this?

There is no "one size fits all" answer. In the U.S., with the noteworthy exception of slimy Westgate, there is virtually no difference in reservation rights or procedures in developer-direct vs. resale timeshare purchases (except for the acquisition cost, of course).

Having no interest at all in Mexico or Mexican RTU contracts, I cannot answer your question about an (unidentified) resort in Mexico. You might want to more specifically identify the resort / system at issue; only then can someone with direct knowledge or experience about that specific resort or system maybe answer your question about that particular resort / system.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 30, 2018 03:38 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.