Jul 23, 2018

i want to give away my timeshare for FREE and dont mind paying for the process/paperwork involve. i need the most cost effective reputable company that will do the work. i have been burn once for listing to resell. now i found redweek and asking for help. Can someone please refer me a reputable company that can take away my timeshare with a small fee. thanks

Im Y.
Jul 23, 2018

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !! Try contacting your home resort and ask them to take it back .

Don P.
Jul 23, 2018

In same situation. I want to get of, return or give away a time share. Nothing owed, current on fees and willing to pay at closing. Contacted resort "weston", their response was "on a case by case hardship evaluation". I have no hardship just want to stop paying maintenance fees (900). Any thoughts

Tommy M.
Jul 23, 2018

Unless your resort will accept a deed back- call and ask, you have to find someone who is willing to take your timeshare.

If the developer won't accept a deed back you should try to list on redweek for a fee. You can list on Craigslist and TUG (timeshare users group) for free. You may want to offer to pay closing and transfer costs. You may want to throw in the following years usage for free (you pay the MF's but the new owner gets the week) You may want to trow in a $100 gift card when the transfer is complete. These things can sweeten the offer. They still would be cheaper than the companies that "relieve you of your TS burden" . But really no one can wave a wand and make the timeshare go away so they may or may not actually relieve your burden and any guarantee is only as good as the company offering the guarantee and they could disappear after you pay them and do nothing.

Stop paying for MF (defaulting) is certainly one way to go. It will get you out of it eventually. Depending on the timeshare they will likely add penalties and will eventually report the delinquencies to the credit bureaus and turn the debt over to a collection agency and charge you any legal fees if they start the foreclosure process. When they realize you will not pay anymore they are likely to offer a deed in lieu of foreclosure but that won't necessarily make all the fees and penalties already accrued go away and it won't stamp out any negatives already on your credit info.

Giving it away is going to be the best option but depending on the resort, the MF's the week you own, etc it may not be an easy option.

Tracey S.
Jul 24, 2018

I agree with tracey75, giving away your timeshare is your best option, if your timeshare is paid off. You can list it here on RedWeek in the Bargain resale section: https://www.redweek.com/featured/bargain-timeshare-resales

You can also list it at the Timeshare Users Group (TUG) website: https://tug2.com/timeshare-classifieds/

The upfront fee companies that promise to get you out of your timeshare charge you ALOT of money, and they can’t even guarantee to free you of your timeshare financial obligations.

Another alternative to getting rid of your timeshare is renting it out. If you have a desirable week and location you may be able to make more money than what your maintenance fees are.

Carol P.

Last edited by carolp491 on Jul 24, 2018 01:59 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.