Ask RedWeek

Wyndham Timeshare

Aug 27, 2018

Looking to get out of 84,000 points a year time share, Bonnet Creek Florida. Still owe less than half mortgage. Any help? I’ve read a lot here. I wouldn’t pay anyone upfront to “cancel” timeshare. What do I do? Can I give it away? Not looking for a profit. Just can’t use it anymore. Thanks

James R.

Last edited by jamesr1211 on Aug 27, 2018 07:28 AM

Aug 27, 2018

jamesr1211 wrote:
Looking to get out of 84,000 points a year time share, Bonnet Creek Florida. Still owe less than half mortgage. Any help? I’ve read a lot here. I wouldn’t pay anyone upfront to “cancel” timeshare. What do I do? Can I give it away? Not looking for a profit. Just can’t use it anymore. Thanks

If you still have a unpaid loan balance, no one on Planet Earth (including Wyndham itself) is going to accept your timeshare. In fact, if you still have a unpaid loan balance, you really cannot even give it away for free until or unless that unpaid debt is first satisfied. About all you can really do is pay off the debt and then give it back to Wyndham under their "Ovation" program, or just pay nothing further at all, default on the loan balance and take the (7 years long) negative credit report hit. In the end, it's your personal decision to make.

You are wise to avoid paying any money to any useless escape / relief / exit / rescue parasite operation, although lots of them exist. None of them have any magic beans or secret elixirs to make your debt and contractual obligation just somehow magically disappear.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 27, 2018 07:54 AM

Aug 27, 2018

Thanks fir replying. What if I paid it off immediately. Is Ovation program always active? If it’s paid off can I give it back to Wyndham bonnet creek FL , to resort? Just want it out of my name. Or if I give it to someone , how do I transfer deed? And paperwork?

James R.
Aug 27, 2018

jamesr1211 wrote:
What if I paid it off immediately. Is Ovation program always active? If it’s paid off can I give it back to Wyndham bonnet creek FL , to resort? Just want it out of my name. Or if I give it to someone , how do I transfer deed? And paperwork?

If it is paid off, then you can send in a request to Wyndham for its Ovation program. Wyndham might or might not take it back. It is under no obligation to do so but it does not hurt to try.

You can give it to someone who wants it. If you find a taker, you can use a transfer company like Legal Timeshare Transfers. They are reasonably priced if there is no money changing hands between you and the new owner. LTT will take care of practically all the paperwork for you.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.