Timeshare Companies

Question about Executive Property Management ?

Mar 18, 2019

I got an offer for my three weeks in Puerto Vallarta,Mx that seems too good to be true. No up front fee and 5% due AFTER I receive the check for the sale. I would like to know if this is a scam. I cannot figure what the hitch is in this deal. It cannot be true. I have searched the internet and find that this Los Angeles company has been active in Florida with a slightly different name and is under surveilance of the Florida Attorney General. I am not really looking for a sale as we go down there every year for 15 years now, never bank it and still love to go there every January. My question is just is just to satisfy my curiosity. Thanks.

Halo W.
Mar 18, 2019

They are setting you up . They dangle a carrot in front of you in this case it's the selling price with no up front fees . Then they string you along until you take the bait and then all of a sudden they claim there is a " fee " that has to be paid before they can complete the sale . It may be an appraisal fee or taxes that need to be paid . Once they set the hook then the " fee " comes up . It's a SCAM !!!!!

Don P.
Mar 18, 2019

halow wrote:
...that seems too good to be true. No up front fee and 5% due AFTER I receive the check for the sale. I would like to know if this is a scam. I cannot figure what the hitch is in this deal. It cannot be true.

The fact that you got an offer out of the blue for something you did not advertise for an offer that "[is] too good to be true" screams "Scam!!!"

If they want their 5% commission, tell them to take the proceeds out of the sale. Or if they want their 5% after the sale, wait till the check clears your bank account.

This of course is just play. There is no sale. They will just get you all excited about this huge amount of money the, when you lose all sense of sensibility thinking about all this money, they will tell you that you have to wire them some money to pay some sort of tax or fee.

Lance C.
Mar 19, 2019

Both Don and Lance are absolutely correct. It is a total scam. In the interest of educating other owners, watch this Youtube video about a woman who got taken. SKIP the big fat ad at the beginning as it is unrelated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdr39RQ6unA

John I.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.