Oct 09, 2019

I am new to the red week site....I am looking to rent a timeshare...how can I verify his ownership before I finish the transaction? Thank you

Elizabeth R.
Oct 09, 2019

If you rent using RedWeek payments, all the details of the posting have been verified with the resort. If you are not using RedWeek payments, although we do not vouch for or recommend any person using our website, if you use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page and provide us with the posting number, we can let you know how long the poster has been a RedWeek member and if we have any complaints on their account.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Oct 14, 2019

Hi

Can you please check on any details you can to verify ownership before i submit payment to this owner?

thank you R802532

Jessica G.
Oct 14, 2019

Jessica: If you would like information on a rental posting, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page, or email support@redweek.com. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Mar 05, 2020

Those of us who rent out our weeks on Redweek can choose to have them verified. This costs a bit extra but if you haven't used Redweek much or are not familiar with the Owner, it might be a good way to help you choose which unit to rent. Over all this site is a great way to have access to some awesome resorts without having to be an Owner!!

elizabethr446 wrote:
I am new to the red week site....I am looking to rent a timeshare...how can I verify his ownership before I finish the transaction? Thank you

Joy L.
Mar 05, 2020

Cant you just put the owners years of membership and give them something like a Rating so potential renters dont have to call about each posting?

phyl21 wrote:
If you rent using RedWeek payments, all the details of the posting have been verified with the resort. If you are not using RedWeek payments, although we do not vouch for or recommend any person using our website, if you use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page and provide us with the posting number, we can let you know how long the poster has been a RedWeek member and if we have any complaints on their account.

Joy L.
Mar 05, 2020

Our management team considered ratings, but decided it would put new users at a major disadvantage since they would not have any reviews and no previous history. That's why we decided on verification and RedWeek Online Booking, to ensure a safe transaction even if renting from a brand new member.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Mar 19, 2021

Also if you call and chat with the Owner, you can get a feel for what kind of person they are.

Joy L.

Last edited by hje on Mar 19, 2021 10:07 PM

Mar 19, 2021

May i suggest renting from the same Owner each time so you can build history with them and know their integrity and business practices? Most of us Owners have plenty of points, so we can get just about any week or time period we want if we know well ahead. I always appreciate my return "customers"!! Joy L. Nampa Idaho

Joy L.
Dec 09, 2021

hje wrote:
<snip>Most of us Owners have plenty of points, so we can get just about any week or time period we want if we know well ahead. <snip>

I must respectfully disagree a bit by pointing out that not all timeshare ownerships are "points" ownerships at all (...none of mine are). Owners of deeded "floating" weeks, for example, often have a defined, limited range of week numbers that they can reserve at their home resort, whether it's for their own occupancy and use or to rent out. Owners of deeded "fixed" weeks are even more constrained, since they own very specific week(s) in very specific unit(s), with no option to ever reserve (or rent out) "something else instead" at their resort.

In short, there are numerous, different flavors of timeshare ownership and only a few can, in your words, "get just about any week or time period we want", regardless of how far ahead planned. You may have a timeshare "points" ownership with such flexibility. If so, that's great --- but readers here should know that not all timeshare ownerships have any such unlimited latitude for making reservations. I am not seeking to argue, but merely clarifying, since broad generalizations can lead to misunderstanding by folks who may not really be familiar with the inner workings of various "flavors" of timeshare ownership and their respective (and widely varying) reservation capabilities and limitations.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 09, 2021 01:38 PM

Feb 10, 2024

Can you please verify that Richard Machado is an owner at The Westin Princelville Resort in Kauai?

Thank-you

Karen Trachtenberg

Daniel T.
Feb 11, 2024

danielt80 wrote:
Can you please verify that Richard Machado is an owner at The Westin Princelville Resort in Kauai?

Thank-you

Karen Trachtenberg

Sorry, but it doesn't actually work that way at all. An advertiser / owner must choose (and also pay an additional $10) to have their listing get "RedWeed Verified". Not all advertisers choose to do so, unfortunately. There is no avenue on RedWeek to verify an ownership by merely posting a question with someone's name here in these discussion forums.

Since you already have a name, you could call the resort directly. While they will never actually provide any owner information (for obvious privacy reasons), if you already know the name, week and unit number, the resort might be willing to just confirm that the person you identify does indeed own that particular unit / week. They are not at all obligated to do so, but it may be worth a simple phone call to at least find out.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 14, 2024 03:58 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.