Comments

ask-redweek-maintenance-fees

Nov 12, 2019

I own a couple of weeks at an SVO property. I was told that I am not allowed to rent out my villas on Redweek or any other site. Is that correct?

Susan T.
Nov 12, 2019

Harborside Resort At Atlantis-- Marriott ( Vistana ) The Profit and Loss Statement they send to the owners is not footnoted with regard to expense descriptions

1. FEES to The So-Called Management Company Actual So--called Management fees are broken into numerous fees such as 1 .Admin. & General : 2. Association management ; and 3. Management.

The fees are broken up into separate categories so that the appear less than they are.The total amount of fees skimmed by the management company is appx. $2,216,000. The above is appx. 20% of all expenses.

2. Upon information and Belief --Marriott oversees many of the Vistana properties from one of their offices. The same staff handles these properties. However each of the properties is charged a substantial fee while the amount of additional labor required by Marriott to oversee these properties is nominal. Is this a scam?????

3. The Board of Directors for Harborside is stacked by Marriott as a rubber stamp. The Bylaws and other documents with regard to the election of the Bd. of Directors by the Timeshare owners have been ignored and Marriott itself selects the Board of Directors members.

This is the ultimate scam and owners should look into filing a class lawsuit against Marriott and against its officers-- jointly and severably

Howard

Last edited by howardg19 on Nov 12, 2019 02:04 PM

Nov 30, 2019

where do i buy points

Terry K.
Nov 30, 2019

Terry K: If you are wanting to purchase a points resale, then you can start here: Timeshare Companies

The timeshare companies with point resales will have a red P following their name.

If you need further assistance, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 27, 2021

Good info - Thanks

Mark T.
Aug 31, 2023

I am renting from an owner, so that is paid in full. Can you tell me what fees will be added when I check out

Sharon C.
Dec 12, 2023

Marriott is increasing fees and reducing benefits again. Our Bank week reservations will be reduced to no more than 1 year... The blatant embezzlement of our deeded property is worth a closer look.

To add fuel to the fire, the audacity to increase the Maintenance and taxes, up 400+ this year, and make sure you send the bill out during Christmas. We pay them $200.00 a year per week to answer the phone which is not even needed to reserve your week, as they hold east coast banking hours.

Send you stats and contract to the class action lawyer. Vistana is an American Company and so is Marriott, is there a way to take back control. I get calls from time share exit companies all the time so there is a public list of owners available.

Paul W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.