Ask RedWeek

Renting with Redweek

Jan 31, 2020

Do I have to pay $29.99 fee everytime I want to put an ad? Or is the fee for a certain amount of time?

lmk
Jan 31, 2020

There is a fee for each posting you add. You can view our posting options on this page: Rental Posting Options

If you have further questions, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Feb 01, 2020

Does RedWeek issue a 1099_R at end of year to renters

Billy W.
Feb 01, 2020

RedWeek does not track rental income or send out 1099 forms. It is up to each individual owner to track and report their earnings.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Feb 03, 2020

Is there any reason not to rent a "non redweek verified" posting? I'm nervous about it but do I need to be?

Margaret B.
Feb 03, 2020

We offer tips to stay safe when renting on this page: Stay Safe

Although we do not vouch for or recommend any person using our website, if you send the posting number to support@redweek.com, we can let you know how long the person has been a member and if we have any complaints on their account.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Feb 03, 2020

margaretb355 wrote:
Is there any reason not to rent a "non redweek verified" posting? I'm nervous about it but do I need to be?

I have rented out weeks as a timeshare owner numerous times over the past 10+ years using a RedWeek ad. I have only chosen to use (and pay the additional fee for) being "RedWeek verified" a few times (the "RedWeek verified" option has only been in place for a relatively few years now). I've paid the fee to be "RedWeek verified", despite the additional cost and associated time delay, because I acknowledge that some people are understandably just fearful of getting scammed.

If you are new to timeshare rentals and have no experience with them, a "verified" listing might give you additional piece of mind, but don't be afraid or immediately suspicious of "non-verified" listings, as long as you can establish good communications and a comfort level with the advertising owner (preferably including some direct, person-to-person phone conversation). You can often independently "verify" the legitimacy of the advertiser and "verify" details of the ownership yourself, by calling the resort. No resort will ever release owner information that you don't already have (thereby protecting owner privacy), but many resorts are willing to at least verify details that you have already obtained yourself, directly from the advertising owner.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 04, 2020 04:36 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.