Comments

ask-redweek-covid19-resort-reopenings

May 13, 2020

How can any company guarantee my safety when taking into account bedding including the comforter and pillows,kitchen countertops and dishes, remote control devices and people in general not respecting social distancing on beaches. Who is going to want to rent my week under these circumstances with no vaccine in place? The employment rate is upwards of 30 million people in the United States. People are worried about paying their rent and putting food on the table and keeping their children safe. My choices as an owner are limited to using my week currently booked end of Summer, banking it with a timeshare exchange company which adds exchange fees and annual membership fees another $300 or rent my week. If I bank my week under 60 days my exchange options are limited. I have faithfully paid my timeshare annual maintenance fees which exceed $1400 a year and now using my week or renting my week puts myself or a guest at risk. The travel industry has been decimated at present and I have full faith that it will turn around in time but not in the near future. I wish there were better solutions for owners in this most difficult time with a maintenance fee credit for 2020 because it’s just not safe enough yet to use your week especially if there is a spike in the Fall. I have truly enjoyed my timeshare ownership and stayed at wonderful places because of it and empathize with staff and businesses in the restaurant, travel and hospitality related industries who have lost their livelihood.

Jo A.

Last edited by sandbarjo14 on May 13, 2020 05:11 AM

May 14, 2020

My HOA gave additional time to pay... I wonder if timeshare companies would do the same for owners?

Kurt A.
May 26, 2020

Will my purchase be safe if it is not in green? A lot don't have green don/t want to get scammed? Thanks Sam

Samuel L.
May 26, 2020

If the posting is highlighted in green and has the Verified and Protected flag, your payment will be made to RedWeek and will not be disbursed to the owner until two business days after you check into the resort. For any posting that is not RedWeek verified and protected, we encourage you to take steps to make sure your transaction is safe. You will find more information on this page: Stay Safe

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on May 26, 2020 08:43 AM

May 30, 2020

I can’t use the three days I have left at the manhattan club and they want me to oay for next year..how can I get rid of it

Lowden R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.