Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Two owned time shares at Summer Bay in Kissimmee- need a way to get rid of

Oct 08, 2020

My wife's parents who are elderly and unable to deal with this themselves have two properties at Summer Bay in Kissimmee, Florida. One is a Week in Summer Isles Condominiums that I think may be a two bedroom unit. The other I believe is a three bedroom unit with screened in porch in the Summer Bay Lakeside Condos. They have only used these maybe three or four times in nearly 20 years of ownership. The have long since been paid off and the maintenance fees are a burden to them. We would like to get rid of these properties. They have been scammed twice by outfits that got them to pay cash up front and did nothing. I personally talked to Reid Hein and Assoc. They wanted over $11,000 to get rid of the properties and I have since read some negative reviews on them. My wife and siblings do not want to later inherit and then deal with it either. How can we get rid of these properties and more particularly, the burdensome maintenance fees? Thank you.

Greg B.
Oct 08, 2020

Contact the resorts on your parents behalf and explain their situation and ask them to take the deeds back . If they agree then it should be quick and inexpensive . NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract . If you decide to use an attorney pick one where you live that you can actually walk into his or her office and talk to someone .

Don P.
Oct 08, 2020

Thank you. I hope that will work. The paperwork is so confusing, it is difficult to even figure out exactly what they own.

Greg B.
Oct 08, 2020

Don't hesitate to contact the resort . The problem is that most people want someone else to do the work and that costs money . No one can plead your case better than yourself . Just make sure you get a hold of the people that take care of the titles . I got rid of two timeshares in 2011 this way . I was persistent and I let them no in no other terms that I was going to get them out of my name with or without the assistance and that I wasn't responsible if the new owner doesn't pay their maintenance fees and assessments . Apparently they believed me and it only took a few short weeks to process the deed backs .

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.