Club Wyndham National Harbor

3 questions Can I get to the National...

Sep 27, 2021

3 questions Can I get to the National mall without driving? Do you supply parking? Can I rent a timeshare overlapping Thanksgiving day?

Eliot G.
Apr 18, 2022

Don't even think about driving into the District. Public transportation (Metro rail and Metro bus) is not expensive and is relatively easy to use. National Harbor has parking in a commercial garage across the street for $20/day with unlimited in/out.

Thanksgiving Day is not restricted at National Harbor.

James C.
Jul 30, 2022

Yes, you can get to the National mall without driving! Parking is available at $20 per day from the resort.

Donna F.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jul 30, 2022 10:51 PM

Jul 30, 2022

Update: Parking is now $24 per day. We spent a few days there in late June.

Getting to National Harbor from Reagan National Airport can be done if one is fearless when it comes to using public transportation -- a combination of MetroRail and MetroBus. This might be somewhat daunting for someone not familiar with the two systems. I know both systems well and, to be honest, I would not try to schlepp luggage from National Airport to National Harbor. I'd use Uber or a taxi, especially in view of the following.

Major Blue and Yellow Line Construction

Sept. 10 - Oct. 22, 2022: No Metrorail service south of Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport Station as crews build new tracks that "tie in" the new Potomac Yard Station with the existing Metrorail system. There will be no Yellow Line service, but Yellow Line stations north of Reagan National Airport will be accessible via the Blue or Green lines.

Sept. 10, 2022 - May 2023: No Metrorail service between Pentagon and L'Enfant Plaza stations as crews work on the Yellow Line tunnel and bridge rehabilitation. Yellow Line stations will be served by the Blue or Green lines.

Fall 2022: Rail service will resume south of Reagan National Airport on October 23, and no stations will be closed. Potomac Yard Station will open in fall of 2022.

May 2023: Yellow Line tunnel and bridge improvements completed and Yellow Line service resumes.

This means that the way to get from NH into the District will be the NH-1 bus to Southern Avenue and the Green Line from there. Do a Google search for "DC NH-1 bus schedule." The schedule is on moovitapp.com. Google search "DC Metro map." To ride Metro rail or Metro buses, you need SmartTrip cards, one per person. Find out how to get them here: https://wmata.com/fares/Buy-SmarTrip.cfm

Touring in the District means walking. A lot of walking. Distances between places on the Mall are a lot longer than they look on a map. Give your feet a rest and if car-less, consider renting a car to go to Mount Vernon (in Alexandria, a quick drive from NH), the Udvar-Hazy annex to the National Air and Space Museum (out by Dulles Airport), the Marine Corps Museum (south on I-95 at Quantico), perhaps day trips to Thomas Jefferson's Monticello in Charlottesville and/or Colonial Williamsburg in Wmsburg, VA (but NOT to drive into the District!). If you have history buffs in the family, there is no place in the country to better learn about colonial history than Williamsburg (and nearby Jamestown and Yorktown).

James C.

Last edited by jamest1 on Jul 30, 2022 07:28 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.