Ask RedWeek

review longevity

Jul 18, 2022

I think you may want to revisit how you post the reviews of rental properties. I have seen reviews that dated back to 2011!! If I were trying to rent a property that has less than stellar reviews (based on # of stars) but the most current reviews were mostly 4-5 stars - those 11+ YEAR OLD reviews are also taken into account AND a potential renter (who may NOT read the reviews and see how OLD many of them are) might never want to look any further since the number of stars is not truly reflective of the current status of resort. In the past 11+ years - LOTS of improvements could have been made!!! I truly hope this can be addressed...

Ann B.
Jul 19, 2022

annb556 wrote:
I think you may want to revisit how you post the reviews of rental properties. I have seen reviews that dated back to 2011!! If I were trying to rent a property that has less than stellar reviews (based on # of stars) but the most current reviews were mostly 4-5 stars - those 11+ YEAR OLD reviews are also taken into account AND a potential renter (who may NOT read the reviews and see how OLD many of them are) might never want to look any further since the number of stars is not truly reflective of the current status of resort. In the past 11+ years - LOTS of improvements could have been made!!! I truly hope this can be addressed...

I can't and don't presume to speak for RedWeek; I'm just another member here, but I respectfully disagree. I for one would want to see ALL available reviews, even old ones, in the belief that most reviews contain some useful info and are just subjective personal opinions anyhow, whether good or bad and whether 11 years old or 11 hours old.

I would also note that I have read some stellar reviews of properties I personally know and / or have visited relatively recently --- places which clearly don't warrant or deserve the sky high praise expressed in some reviews. It seems that some owners occasionally create their own stellar reviews of places where they own and are trying to promote / rent their week(s). Such reviews may be "current", but may nonetheless be neither objective nor accurate. Just sayin'...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 22, 2022 05:31 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.