General Discussion

Booking Hyatt Residence Club Maui

Aug 09, 2023

Hello,

I am trying to find out more information regarding my booking for August the 19th through the 26th in Kaanapali. Right now we are being told we cannot even travel to Maui right now and the hotel is currently without power and telephone service. We know they have canceled bookings through the 13th, but we are trying to find out what our options are as we know that most of Lahaina is completely gone, which is just beyond comprehension. I don't know who to reach out to, but someone from Redweek please contact me?

Benjamin C.
Aug 10, 2023

Hi Benjamin,

I reached out to Redweek yesterday and they responded with the below. We are due to travel there Aug 28 for a week and Canada has also issued a warning to not travel to Maui, it seems Redweek will continue to hold us to the booking as long as the hotel is functionable unfortunately, it seems very inconsiderate and unfair they would do that.

Valerie (RedWeek Customer Service)

Aug 9, 2023, 6:35 PM PDT

Hi Carman, Thanks so much for your email and we can understand your concern.

Please know that the situation in Hawaii is very fluid and we have very little information from the resorts. We will continue to monitor Official communication from the resorts and state and will be reaching out directly to owners and renters if we learn that their booking is impacted. Unless you hear from us, please understand that we are obligated to follow the terms of the rental agreement in place for your booking. For renters, you can view the cancellation policy in the My Trips section of your RedWeek account. For owners, it can be viewed in the My Postings area. Once there, just click on the booking

Please note, in the event a resort is closed or evacuates, we will follow the terms of the contract: 5. Force Majeure If the Unit is uninhabitable or inaccessible on the day the Rental Period commences by reason of flood, fire, storm, force majeure, or other natural disaster, and a satisfactory substitute is not made available, the total Rent Payment will be refunded to the Renter. If the Renter is required to evacuate the Unit at any point during the Rental Term, the Renter is entitled to a pro-rated refund for unused nights from the point of evacuation order through the remainder of the Rental Period. In such events, the Owner will have no further liability to the Renter. Renter's inability to complete their travel for any other reason beyond the Owner's control (including, but not limited to, illness, airline interruptions, job loss, government mandate or restrictions) are the sole responsibility of the Renter, and the Cancellation Policy in section 4 applies. Renter is encouraged to purchase trip interruption and cancellation insurance for such matters.

Carman L.
Aug 10, 2023

That's the same response redweek gave us and were supposed to be there August 26-sept 3... doesn't seem right at all...

Tad K.
Aug 11, 2023

According to this website - https://hub.vacationclub.com/properties/the-westin-kaanapali-ocean-resort-villas-north/

"The Hawaii governor's office continues to discourage nonessential travel to the island of Maui through August 31."

We are scheduled to stay in the Ka'anapali beach area from September 2 through 9. And, we received the same response from Redweek as everyone else.

Steven E.
Aug 16, 2023

We are owners and were renting our two weeks 2-bedroom unit for Jan. 6-13 and 13-20 next year. We just received an email today from HRC that the reservations are being canceled. I'm not sure what RedWeek intends to do but it seems as if any deposits made should be refunded under the circumstances.

Ted V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.