Oct 13, 2006

We have a time share here. It is great. Riu has bought the property and is doing a complete renovation. Does anyone has an actual re-open date? I miss Aruba!

Teena L.
Dec 27, 2006

Looking for information ?

Bill S.
Jan 10, 2007

bills238 wrote:
The latest update I have is late summer. I saw the work being done in October looks great

Frank C.
Jan 10, 2007

frankc122 wrote:
bills238 wrote:
The latest update I have is late summer. I saw the work being done in October looks great
Thanks for the update. I am going down this week and I am certainly looking forward to seeing the progress they're making. I sure hope it will be open later this year.

Bill S.
Jan 12, 2007

We were there in August 2006. We stayed there twice. We met alot of people who own time shares there, and they said they were not reopening until 2008. They were told at least 3 years.

Our stay there in 2002 was very nice, I was not thrilled with the Aruba in 2005. Staff, air conditioner, ect. was not working properly. I was told my a night manager that the air conditioner was old, and that is why it did not work right. I heard, right before we were leaving that year, that someone else had bought the Grand Aruba, so maybe that was the reason for the problems we had there.

When were were there in August of 2006, they were redoing the whole place. There were putting up alot of new buildings, so I am sure it will be much better, and much more expensive.

I do hoope it opens soon for all of you people who have time shares there. I know the peope we met were not happy with the way they found out about the renovations

Doreen S.

Last edited by doreen54 on Apr 16, 2007 07:25 AM

Mar 17, 2007

I have heard from the Timeshare Mgt. that they are opening this year probably the fall. The timeshares will be available in 2008. They told me they have/will send letters to all the timeshare owners this month (March).

Joseph D.
Apr 14, 2007

The general manager said it will open in October of this year

Michael S.
Apr 14, 2007

I am a timeshare owner also (unit 106 week 4). Letters have been sent and the Grand (still can't call it the Palace yet) will open in October. Also All-Inclusive is optional for timeshare owners and it is reasonable!! I have a timeshare in the Occidental and they want $100 per day per person for All-Inclusive and the Grand is only $50 a day per person and you can do it for a day a week whatever you want.

Joseph D.
Apr 16, 2007

teena20 wrote:
We have a time share here. It is great. Riu has bought the property and is doing a complete renovation. Does anyone has an actual re-open date? I miss Aruba!

I received a post card from Riu Friday, 4/13 giving me prices for 5 days 6 nights, so it is either opened now, or will be opened soon, I would think

Doreen S.
Apr 16, 2007

doreen54 wrote:
teena20 wrote:

I received a post card from Riu Friday, 4/13 giving me prices for 5 days 6 nights, so it is either opened now, or will be opened soon, I would think

You should have gotten the letter sent to all timeshare owners at the end of March. There was no specific date it just said end of this Summer. They did say they would keep us posted so we could make out travel plans. The letter was 3 pages and described the new Riu Palace and the costs for the all-inclusive. There is a contact name if you did not get your letter.

Joseph D.
Apr 16, 2007

I do not own a timeshare there, we just stayed there twice, so that must be why I got the post card. It had a picture of the place, looks very nice. But it also gave me prices, so I just thought it mean now.

We were in Aruba July 2006, stood at the then Whydam, and there was alot of work being done at the riu, looked like they were putting at least 2 or 3 buildings up, but the post card I got, only showed 1 building. It did say it has 2 pools and 5 reastraunts. Let me know how it is when you find out, so I know whether to go there again. Tks

Doreen S.
Apr 17, 2007

To Doreen 54: If you send me your email address, I can send you a brochure with pictures of what the Riu will look like when finished. I am at mrhaj@verizon.net

Michael S.
Apr 17, 2007

doreen54 wrote:
I do not own a timeshare there, we just stayed there twice, so that must be why I got the post card. It had a picture of the place, looks very nice. But it also gave me prices, so I just thought it mean now.

We were in Aruba July 2006, stood at the then Whydam, and there was alot of work being done at the riu, looked like they were putting at least 2 or 3 buildings up, but the post card I got, only showed 1 building. It did say it has 2 pools and 5 reastraunts. Let me know how it is when you find out, so I know whether to go there again. Tks

I don't go back till January 2008 so hopefully someone who is going sooner will let us know how it is. It's a lot bigger than it was!! My timeshare is in the original building and they added two more buildings larger than the original!!

Joseph D.
Jun 14, 2007

joe882 wrote:
doreen54 wrote:
teena20 wrote:

You should have gotten the letter sent to all timeshare owners at the end of March. There was no specific date it just said end of this Summer. They did say they would keep us posted so we could make out travel plans. The letter was 3 pages and described the new Riu Palace and the costs for the all-inclusive. There is a contact name if you did not get your letter.

Larry P.
Jun 14, 2007

July 20 2007

Larry P.
Oct 28, 2007

joe882 wrote:
I am a timeshare owner also (unit 106 week 4). Letters have been sent and the Grand (still can't call it the Palace yet) will open in October. Also All-Inclusive is optional for timeshare owners and it is reasonable!! I have a timeshare in the Occidental and they want $100 per day per person for All-Inclusive and the Grand is only $50 a day per person and you can do it for a day a week whatever you want.

Hi,

Just wondering how the all-inclusive works here in Riu; is there mandatory full-week fee for rentals from timeshare owners or the same rule applies ? Any info on current price would be greatly appreciated too.

Thanks in advance.

T. N.

Last edited by t613 on Oct 28, 2007 09:17 AM

Oct 29, 2007

The riu has reopened, I believed it was in Aug or Sept. Ihave gotten alot of email from Liberty Traval on it......There seemed to be no open dates to book for a vacation........., but it is opened.........

Doreen S.
Oct 29, 2007

According to the letter I received Timeshare Owners have the option of purchasing the RIU All-Inlusive for $50 per day per adult if you purchase an entire week. You can also purchase on a day to day basis and the cost is $60 per day per adult. Not sure if non-timeshare owners get the same deal.

Joseph D.
Oct 29, 2007

I checked with The Royal Palm Club that runs the Timeshare in the RIU and they said that anyone who rents a timeshare from the owner is also eligible for the $50 and $60 All-inclusive options. Hope this answers your question.

Joseph D.
Oct 30, 2007

joe882 wrote:
I checked with The Royal Palm Club that runs the Timeshare in the RIU and they said that anyone who rents a timeshare from the owner is also eligible for the $50 and $60 All-inclusive options. Hope this answers your question.
Thanks for the information, that is good to know, should we go back to that hotel.............

Doreen S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.