Elimar Ocean View

The situation at EOV

Sep 28, 2009

Hi, My parents own a timeshare at EOV and have been approached by a series of scam companies offering to either sell it for them or take it off their hands in return for a fee of about 2k sterling. Has anyone else had similar experiences? These companies claim that liability for the maintenance will build up over the years and the owner could send a demand for payment at any time. This seems unlikely, especially as the ownership has changed and the new owner does not acknowledge the previous timeshare contracts. I think that seeking legal advice from a Portugese lawyer to ascertain whether owners have any liability would be a good idea.

Leona - is your legal contact already looking in to this?

Callum

Callum T.
Sep 28, 2009

We also "own" a timeshare at Elimar Ocean View to which we have been also been illegally denied access and contact.

We have since had at least 20 approaches from people offering to sell the timeshare. In every case a sum of money was requested, either as a deposit, expenses or in one case "unpaid VAT". When one says protests that one has no control over the transaction or the money involved the answer is "You can claim it back from your credit card company"

DO NOT PART WITH A PENNY. They are all scams. It it so sad that so many of our fellow countrymen (and women) are prepared to make a living fleecing their trusting countrymen.

Claiming the money back from the credit card company is not only immoral but very difficult.

Peter Lucas

Pamela L.

Last edited by pamelal102 on Sep 28, 2009 04:26 AM

Sep 28, 2009

I'm in the same boat too. I've had no contact with anyone at all about the time share that I owned at EOV. I suppose we will never know or get anything back from that.

Thanks

RG

Raymond G.
Sep 29, 2009

Dear All, My friend in Portugal has all my paperwork, and is trying to find out exactly what has happened at Elimar. Last month, two friends of mine went on holiday to Albufeira, and went to Elimar at my request. They told me it was full of Portuguese guests, and the guy who seemed to be the manager was English. He told them that he had no idea what was going on. He was running the place, and had no idea it had been time share apartments. He told my friends that the best thing I could do would be to report it to the police. He was pleasant and helpful. Since them I have sent my contract, and all the information I have, to my friend. Portugal are slow at doing anything, I have realised. But I do have hopes that he may at least give us a clue as to what we should all do. I only used my time share about 4 times. Way too much money to throw away. :(

Leona G.
Sep 29, 2009

That sounds promising, I'll keep my fingers crossed that we can get some kind of result.

Thanks

RG

Raymond G.
Dec 06, 2009

I have just returned from Albufeira where I spent 5 days trying my utmost to find out what has happened to our timeshares at Elimar. Suffice to say, I was told by the guy who runs the coffee shop there that the apartments were all sold two years ago, and there is nothing we can do. He seemed agitated that I was asking too many questions! I went to the police who informed me that the company whom we purchased the time shares from, no longer exist so they can't talk to anyone about the situation! They also quoted that if maintenance hadnt been paid for a couple of years and for whatever reason,there was the possiblilty, as states in the contract that the company are free to sell their apartments! There is a clinic at the side of Elimar which used to be an entrance to their restaurant many moons ago. They have no idea who the owners are....they say! The Radio sender KISS is now where the reception used to be, and they plead total ignorance to everything. The guy in the coffee shop isnt the same one that was there two years ago..(.the one who told us that Elimar was going to be sold...and we didnt believe him!) He says he bought his flat from a company two years ago as did everyone else there...end of story. I could see our flat which still had the shutters down, and when going down the hill and standing on the wall to look into the pool area I could see Satalite dishes on most balconies which certainly made me realise that it is not time share anymore but private flats. Looking at the door bells there was a mixture of Brits, and Portuguese names there, but no one ever seemed to be there to answer the door bell. I went into the next village Prair do Oura where I tried to find the address given to me by one of yourselves, which had something to do with Timeshare problems, but it is no longer there.! However whilst looking for it I was approached by a guy and a woman who tried to sell me a time share! Well you don't really want to know my answer!! They did however try and help me find the adress but to no avail. Must be long gone. Now that I have concrete evidence that those timeshares are lost I am passing everything I know onto my lawyer friend in Portugal in the hope that he may be able to find out at least what happened to the compay who conned us into buying those time shares. I wish I had good news, but hopefully my friend now has something to go on and will do his utmost to help. Hope this isnt the end for us all. We must stick together. OK

Leona G.
Feb 24, 2010

I will never part with mon ey again for a timeshare and I will try and tell as many people as possible to do the same. Thanks

Raymond G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.