Dec 04, 2007

I love my vacations at Pueblo Bonito, but the sales people are so hard to shut down. Does anyone have any good advice on how to tell them I am not interested at this time in buying another unit? I go on the tours for the benefits they offer and because the people want you to take the tour. I'd like to find a polite way to say no and be done with the sales pitch. Thanks for any advice

Kim M.

Last edited by broncogirl07 on Dec 04, 2007 09:49 AM

Dec 15, 2007

Sorry they have you captive for 2 hours, if you want the goodies you must endure the pain. My wife will not let me do any tours because I end up getting into a heated discussion with the salesman because I confront them about the lies they tell.

Harold N.
Dec 27, 2007

broncogirl07 wrote:
I love my vacations at Pueblo Bonito, but the sales people are so hard to shut down. Does anyone have any good advice on how to tell them I am not interested at this time in buying another unit? I go on the tours for the benefits they offer and because the people want you to take the tour. I'd like to find a polite way to say no and be done with the sales pitch. Thanks for any advice

Unfortunately, the only way to deal with them is to be just as rude as they are.

Christ A.
Feb 14, 2008

broncogirl07 wrote:

What I do to justify the time spent is to take the amount of benefits I am going to receive and divide it by the amount of hours I am spending ( usually two). I figure I'm making between $50 and $60 an hour--that's not too bad for a vacation! That said, we simply but politely ( with a smile) continue to repeat: "Thank you very much, but we've made a final decision and we're not going to buy something this year." It's hard for anyone to argue with a a broken record. We might add: "I appreciate all the hard work you are doing, but we've made a final decision and we're not.. etc ....."

I don't find the PB sales people that intrusive, but with other timeshares where they have been I'll excuse myself to go to the restroom and let my husband say no while I'm gone. :)

Nancy R.
Feb 23, 2008

In Nov. 2007 we purchased a timeshare. The salesperson was very nice at the time of the sale. But, after we return home and we want to ask a few questions, the reply was talk to someone else. We bought this for a investment for retirement. We were told that the unit would pay for itself and they would rent our unit for use. This did not happen. So please read the very fine print.

Kathryn W.
Mar 18, 2008

kathrynw41 wrote:
In Nov. 2007 we purchased a timeshare. The salesperson was very nice at the time of the sale. But, after we return home and we want to ask a few questions, the reply was talk to someone else. We bought this for a investment for retirement. We were told that the unit would pay for itself and they would rent our unit for use. This did not happen. So please read the very fine print.
We experienced the very same thing. Could not contact our salesperson, our unit was way overpriced, we were caught up in the excitement of a vacation. Unfortunately, folks don't read these message boards until after they return from vacation! BEWARE.

Sandra O.
Apr 17, 2008

First off- don't stress and have funn with it.

One of my all time favorites is to tell them I just filed for bankruptcy and the paperwork is in process. They can't go for credit knowing this and it essentially kills any chance of the deal happening. They will be looking in the waiting room for the next victim and you won't hear from them....ENJOY!

broncogirl07 wrote:

Chris S.
Jun 16, 2008

I purcased from Raul a bit over two years ago (2 weeks) and did an upgrade last year. While I wish I had not done the upgrade ( I don't even play golf!), my experience with raul has been outstanding. He gave me his e-mail address and has been quite helpful when I asked. I just came back and Raul did not push us this time, but asked us to keep him in mind. Please remember, sales people need to be persistent, so expect and appreciate that. While some may have an intregrity issue, my experience has been positive.

Michael R.
Jul 01, 2008

I usually say that my unit is big enough and don't need to upgrade at this time. I also own 3 weeks, so that usually works for me.

Denise M S.
Jul 01, 2008

Tell them you just filed for or are about to file for bankruptcy (-: It's an immediate shut down.

broncogirl07 wrote:

Chris S.
Jan 28, 2009

We had the same experience. When we got home and started looking into our purchase, we realized that we had been fed a pack of lies. I did some research on timeshare fraud and found other people who had the same experience. With a lot of work and lots of letters, I was able to get out of the contract. I do not understand how someone can live with himself when making a living lying to people. If we had not gotten out of the contract we would have used the unit and made the best of it. However, I would never be able to look favorably at the salespeople and our guy in particular. I will never forget his name.

Carol H.
Mar 11, 2009

We bought from a very nice salesman 4 years ago, and have attended the "owners' lunch" each year when we go there (mostly for the benefits offered). We've had a different salesman for the past 2 years. Both were very polite and accepted our refusal to upgrade without giving us any hassle. We used the time to ask them for restaurant suggestions and about places in town. They seem more than happy to talk about their community. If you want to take the "freebies," you have to endure the sales pitch. My advice is be firm, polite, and ask lots of questions about the resort and town. They are just doing their job.

Sharon G.
May 03, 2009

If you really want to stop their sales pitch, tell them you are interested in the resort but will only purchase from the resale market at 15-25 cents on the dollar. By the way this is the absolute truth. Just tell them you're buying on eBay, or Redweek or TUG or any of the other 10-15 websites. And don't let them try to tell you that buying resale will not allow you the same privledges. That is just total unadulterated BS. Buying directly from the resort is just throwing money away. FYI- you tell them your buying resale and the presentation ends...immediately, and you still get your goodies!

Steve H.
May 03, 2009

We were at PB Sunset in February. When the saleswoman we met with found out we had purchased previously from the resale market and we had attended another presentation in the community, she gave us a little lecture on not using the presentations for freebies. Basically, she said we were using the sales people. And she kept it really short. I can't imagine she will last long in that job.

The other times a pleasant, but firm, not this year, seemed to work.

Nancy R.
May 15, 2009

They should tell their recruiters to be more selective, and not blame you.

Harold N.
Jul 01, 2009

Carol: I would be very interested in knowing how you got out of the contract. Did you start within the 5-day window?

I have started the process to void the contract but am not sure it will do any good. Now I know why they wanted to sign us up in the first day or two of our trip (so by the time you get home the 5 days to cancel has already passed). I am just sick over this. I said NO 3 times during the presentation only to have my husband say YES (that's another story). Anyway, buy the time we got home and I started reading all the extremely fine print on the back of the contract and horror stories on the internet, the 5 days had already passed to void the contract. However, I did send a registered letter 7 days after signing requesting to void the contract for a couple of reasons. I thought I'd start off slow and see where it gets me. I don't even expect a reply back.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sherry Z.
Jul 01, 2009

I wish I had not read this post. I am hypeventilating just thinking about the salespeople at PB. Our first experience was several years ago at the Rose and the salesman was ever so charming. He introduced us to his family and my husband was going to be his new best friend and they were going fishing together. Then we said, "no thank you" and his true colors emerged. He basically called us stupid. A few years later we had a serious lapse of judgment and were motivated by greed. We were talked into a presentation at PB Sunset. We were told lie upon lie. It is a long story involving numerous agents who had all perfected the art of deceit. I guess if we ever did this again, we would just say no thank you early in the presentation and look bored. We have attended other presentations in Cabo and none were as bad as PB.

Carol H.
Jul 01, 2009

Carol: Didn't mean to make you hyperventilate or relive the experience. Could you tell me if you voided the contract within the 5 days or after the 5 days. I just need to know if there's any hope getting out of the contract after 5 days. Thanks for your quick reponse.

P.S. I really do think that PBSB is the most beautiful property in Cabo. It is first class all the way. And the PB Pacifica (just down the hill) is equally as impressive (we were just there a few days ago).

Sherry Z.
Oct 30, 2013

Sherry,

Did you have a resolution to your contract? I am in the same situation, today is day 7, just got back from vacation this weekend and want to get my contract cancelled! is there any hope?

Hannah P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.