Liki Tiki Village

What's it like ???

May 21, 2011

There have been reports , I have been told of Bed Bugs---and if you go on all messages, you will see it has not improved much at all.

Kathleen G.
May 25, 2011

Visited in summer 2010. Not a great property. Reminds me of an apartment complex from the 80's. The amenities are outdated. Skip the luau as well, not worth the money. No WiFi, you can "rent" a modem daily, but even with that, connection is on and off. Not helpful if you are trying to combine work trip with vacation. High pressure condo sales presentation. Very disappointed because it looks nice in the pictures.

Noreen D.
Nov 16, 2011

Hello All, My husband and I just returned from a week at Liki Tiki in one of the newly renovated 2br/2ba townhouses and had a wonderful time. We didn't have our grandkids (10, 7, 2) with us this time but in July 2010 we did many activities and used the waterpark every day for hours! They did kids craft activities, face painting, games poolside and in the pool. They also loved the karaoke night and DJ. We saw movies in their own theater, complete with popcorn and drinks. We stayed in the 1100 high-rise building that time and it was in good repair and clean. We understand all buildings have been systematically going through renovations & upgrades, including flat-screen TVs with satellite.

This time everything was again clean and in good repair in the townhouse and on the property. We noticied all lot of the common areas had been newly painted and things a bit more 'spruced up' since our last stay. We used all 3 pool areas, played miniature golf and shuffleboard, rode the tandem bikes around the property and used paddleboats on the lagoon.There was a tennis court and sand volleyball area but we didn't use. There's a playground for kids and nearby Adirondack chairs for older folks to sit and watch :-) We also used the fitness room machines and then could dive into the adjacent pool to relax. We used the 24-hour business center for our internet access but Wi-fi was available in the rooms. Mostly we grocery shop and prepare what we like in our our own kitchen (full-size fridge/freezer, 4-top stove and oven, coffee maker, 4-slice toaster, blender, dishwasher, etc.). We had a BBQ one afternoon at the picnic area with charcoal grills - there are also gas grills and a picnic gazebo near one of the pool areas. We ate 2 meals at Shipwreck Sally's - the Friday night fish fry and a pizza - and both were excellent. Mixed drinks are pricey but there were specials every evening.

The staff was helpful and friendly. We did go on a tour and were treated respectfully when we declined. I hope this helps -- we surely recommend this resort to anyone with or without kids in tow.

Rs P.
Nov 16, 2011

Have visited many times over the past 10 years and never experienced filth or bed bugs - mosquitos maybe - as suggested. Any other minor issues were handled quickly when brought to staff attention. Just don't let things pass and not say anything that gives them a chance to address. I find prior visitors sometimes can abuse a property and then are suprised when things aren't perfect...

Rs P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.