Liki Tiki Village

What's it like ???

Jan 01, 2008

Can anyone tell me what the resort is like? It looks great for kids but are the rooms nice? I've only stayed at Orange Lake and need to find something that is suitable for kids (ages 11, 7 and 2).....HELP!

Michelle Y.
Jan 02, 2008

This resort is great for kids! I am an owner here at Liki Tiki and we will be visiting Jan. 19th-jan26th with our 4 kids- ages 4-13. The rooms are very nice,and roomy. The water park is a great place for the whole family to enjoy. You cannot go wrong with this resort!

Tammy P.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 02, 2008 09:44 PM

Jan 03, 2008

tammyp80 wrote:
This resort is great for kids! I am an owner here at Liki Tiki and we will be visiting Jan. 19th-jan26th with our 4 kids- ages 4-13. The rooms are very nice,and roomy. The water park is a great place for the whole family to enjoy. You cannot go wrong with this resort!

Thanks for the reply - I'm nervous about renting a timeshare. I've done it once before and lucked out with the guy - he was great but doesn't deal with that hotel so I can't use him this time around if we want to stay there. Can you recommend someone reputable? Have a GREAT trip!

Michelle Y.
Jan 04, 2008

michelle1623 wrote:
tammyp80 wrote:

Thanks for the reply - I'm nervous about renting a timeshare. I've done it once before and lucked out with the guy - he was great but doesn't deal with that hotel so I can't use him this time around if we want to stay there. Can you recommend someone reputable? Have a GREAT trip!

Thank you! I am not sure who you can go through to rent timeshares. I have been an owner here for about 10 years now- co-own with my Mother. I am not sure what the rules on this board are as i am new to this site, but you may be able to go directly to Liki Tiki's website and rent a week direct -or if i can get your email i can look into it further and email you directly. Are you interested in purchasing a time share or just renting ??

Tammy P.

Last edited by tammyp80 on Jan 04, 2008 10:37 AM

Mar 10, 2008

michelle1623 wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the resort is like? It looks great for kids but are the rooms nice? I've only stayed at Orange Lake and need to find something that is suitable for kids (ages 11, 7 and 2).....HELP!

We have owned there for 18 years. Our kids are older now but the water park is perfect for that age. Rooms are well taken care of and Staff is very responsive if something comes up. Naturally you should stay with your kids, but when we were there last year there always seem to be at least 2 lifeguards on duty. Why were we there if our kids are grown -- the bar and snack bar are in the same area. Check Redweek, you should be able to find plenty of rentals at a reasonable price.

Don L.
Apr 06, 2008

It's a great place for kids age 2 to 20. We have owned a few years, and the kids beg to go back on account of the waterfall & slide pool that's secluded enough for adults to just relax. The snack bar and bar are right there! If you like "old florida style" pick a 2 story townhouse with screen porch (#s 100s and 200s). If you think a high-rise is nicer somehow, pick one of those. We always spent 2-3 days at the resort and 2-3 days in the Parks, nice vacations. Must have a car as in all Disney-Universal area.

Judy J.
Apr 08, 2008

michelle1623 wrote:

It is wonderful for children,adults can enjoy the water park too...the rooms are nice once you stay away from building 400..the older section..not so spacious and nice..the minature golfing is fun and the DJ will allow the children to sing...live singing, the adults can sing too. there's a bar-liquor and food..that's good....be very careful if you choose to go on the tour and buy TimeShare..it is better to be safe than sorry.

Angel R.
Apr 19, 2008

yasseta wrote:
michelle1623 wrote:
tammyp80 wrote:

i am looking to buy a 2/2 unit.they told me that if you pay $100 extra they will make you week float all year
We stayed here and had a bad experience, put in older uits where water swooshed down pipes all night, staff were aware of this problem in the units!!! we were given another unit and bed cover was filthy---we did not loke this place at all. Too big-too impersonal. We have stayed at The Silver Lake Resort, and always enjoyed it there. It is small, with cinema, gym, beautiful pool area, and staff that do things for children. Back road to Disney, which is very handy. Very, very clean.

Kathleen G.
Apr 19, 2008

kathleeng62 wrote:
yasseta wrote:
michelle1623 wrote:
tammyp80 wrote:

i am looking to buy a 2/2 unit.they told me that if you pay $100 extra they will make you week float all year
We stayed here and had a bad experience, put in older uits where water swooshed down pipes all night, staff were aware of this problem in the units!!! we were given another unit and bed cover was filthy---we did not loke this place at all. Too big-too impersonal. We have stayed at The Silver Lake Resort, and always enjoyed it there. It is small, with cinema, gym, beautiful pool area, and staff that do things for children. Back road to Disney, which is very handy. Very, very clean.

Don L.
Apr 19, 2008

It's very nice, good for young families and close to parks. Who ever was looking to buy a 2/2 can find very affordable units at Redweek,com, I have week 51 fixed, christmas week listed for sale. We have owned it for many many years but now the kids are grown and go away on their own now.

Don L.

Last edited by marty8084 on Apr 20, 2008 07:39 PM

Jul 10, 2008

donl30 wrote:
It's very nice, good for young families and close to parks. Who ever was looking to buy a 2/2 can find very affordable units at Redweek,com, I have week 51 fixed, christmas week listed for sale. We have owned it for many many years but now the kids are grown and go away on their own now.

Have you had any luck selling your timeshare? We are considering selling ours too,just not sure how easy it is to get rid of them?

Tammy P.
Jul 23, 2008

michelle1623 wrote:
the resort is ok, but dont buy their timeshare, they will intentionally lie then the contract say dont rely on oral representation to purchase . they lied to me,saying 4000 points is plenty of vacation time,big mistake

Markus B.
Nov 07, 2008

It is surprising becuase the luxury they show you while on tour is not what you get when you go there regularly..our experience was very unpleasant..the beds were sorry, linen needed to be cleaned...house keeping came and tried their best and brought us pillow for the sofa sleeper...in the late night some one hit our room window so hard and cracked it..we called security, he directed us to customer service.....Jennifer in customer service directed us to back to security... no one showed up until daylight!!! our children were terrified!!!!!!!!!... we called again and no one came until the morning....it was awful.... I am sorry for the house keeping crew...

D H.
Nov 07, 2008

They need to evaluate their business polices and customer service practices...it is horrible..nice property but it will take a lot more than the property to keep the business...the only time you get excellent service is when they are solicitating.....I would encourage everyone to avoid getting victimized like we did and check out this company in the Better Business Bureau and other sites about complains.

D H.
Apr 27, 2009

This resort is great for kids! I am an owner here at Liki Tiki and we will be visiting Jan. 19th-jan26th with our 4 kids- ages 4-13.t is wonderful for children,adults can enjoy the water park too...the rooms are nice once you stay away from building 400..the older section..not so spacious and nice..the minature golfing is fun.We stayed here and had a bad experience, put in older uits where water swooshed down pipes all night, staff were aware of this problem in the units!!!It is surprising becuase the luxury they show you while on tour is not what you get when you go there regularly..our experience was very unpleasant..the beds were sorry, linen needed to be cleaned...house keeping came and tried their best and brought us pillow for the sofa sleeper...in the late night some one hit our room window so hard and cracked it. =========================== mike ============================

Sameer S.

Last edited by marty8084 on Apr 27, 2009 03:09 PM

Nov 14, 2009

I am an owner since 2004 but have not been there since 2006. The reviews I read are very mixed. Some people love it and others say it is horrific. I am trying to rent to someone who works with me and I need an honest opinion. Is it really as bad as they say? Thanks for your help. Please email me at terricrockett@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks,

Terri

Terri C.
Nov 15, 2009

Yes it is as bad as you have seen, Very dirty, and old units have swooshing water down pipes all night long. Our duvet was filthy, and room very bad. Stayed at Silver Lake Resort, just along the way towards Disney. Very clean, beautiful pools, and friendly staff, also very handy for Disney. It has a Gym and Cinema, and club for children. A guy played a guitar at the poolside evey afternoon. Check it out. It is very small, so you get to know everyone.

Kathleen G.
Nov 15, 2009

We had the same trouble as you----I would not touch it with a barge pole!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathleen G.
Nov 15, 2009

Same trouble as we had---avoid at all costs

Kathleen G.
May 19, 2011

Can someone tell me what LikiTiki village is like now (year 2011). I need a new update. I am thinking of taking my 2 grandsons to it in the summer and I do not want them to be disappointed. It is their first time to visit Florid and the Disney. Thanks Cheryl

Cheryl C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.