Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

resort equity marketing

Jul 13, 2008

I was approached by this resort equity marketing about renting my time wetgate vacation villa unit. They requested for up front fee. They said that they cannot deduct from the rental as they had previous experience that owners refused to pay their fee.

I have not heard from them since after payment of the fee.

Have anyone had any experience with this company - Resort Equity Marketing.

Fadlun K.
Jul 14, 2008

Never ever pay an upfront fee to any company to sell or rent your timeshare unless you have money to throw away. All they're after is your upfront fee.

R P.
Jul 16, 2008

Thank you so much for everyone's advise on Never paying upfront fee to any timeshare marketing/advertising agency! I made the mistake of accepting a call from one and the offer price was too good to be true but they want an upfront fee of $1295. I decline after reading all of the warning from Redweek forum. I would probably be having the same problem.

Cristina Y.

Last edited by cristinay2 on Jul 16, 2008 09:01 PM

Dec 29, 2008

I was just curious if this company every rented your timeshare? I just signed a contract with them last week but am a little nervous about giving them $1295 to rent my timeshare... I think I have a few days to cancel the contract if I change my mind, I just wanted to see what your experience was with them.

Kristen H.
Dec 29, 2008

kristenh56 wrote:
I was just curious if this company every rented your timeshare? I just signed a contract with them last week but am a little nervous about giving them $1295 to rent my timeshare... I think I have a few days to cancel the contract if I change my mind, I just wanted to see what your experience was with them.

I have not heard of this company but the names change all the time but the same upfront game plan still stays!

If you haven't made the mistake in giving them your money cancel now!

For people that are told they can rent for high fee why pay some company $1295 to list it. Just list on a free site or Redweek or Tug and pay small fee.

For $1295 you could as a member list on Redweek for about 26 ads if you wanted to! Even longer if ad was only six months =65 ads at $19.99.

It is hard to believe that anyone who has ever read one of the timeshare forums would ever give someone their money upfront. Between the members giving warnings and stories of the shills these companies have come on these sites and try talking down the truth how can anyone even think of giving these parasites their money!

PHILL12

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Dec 30, 2008 03:52 PM

Dec 30, 2008

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

I cannot comprehend why anyone that's read timeshare forums telling people to never pay an upfront fee to sell or rent a timeshare doesn't sink in. It truly amazes me .... and we're talking big bucks here of $1295.

There's no way on God's green earth that I could even imagine handing over that amount of money to anyone that I didn't know. Upfront fee scammers will tell you anything to get that upfront fee (ie: we have people waiting in line to buy/rent your timeshare, etc.)

R P.
Dec 30, 2008

kristenh56 wrote:

She was smart enough not to take their bait in the first place so she had NO experience with them except to turn them down. She related that experience in her post above yours.

R P.
Dec 30, 2008

Well, maybe if I would have known about this website before I was contacted by them I would have known better, but obviously not. I have no experience with timeshares whatsoever nor do I know much about them, hence the reason why I am communicating with people in this forum to get advice.

Kristen H.

Last edited by kristenh56 on Dec 30, 2008 03:39 PM

Jan 12, 2009

Yes, I was contacted by this company in 2005 and was naive enough to pay their fee. I never heard from the company again and never got my free airline tickets that I was promised (in writing). Hard lesson learned! Make sure you file a complaint with the FL Attorney General's Office.

Carol M.
Jan 12, 2009

I have not heard from the company since. Based on some suggestions made in the forum, i have lodged a complaint with www.orlando.bbb.org on the company.

Fadlun K.
Feb 20, 2009

I was called today from this company they said they are out of Orlando, Fl. He said they were having a convention this weekend with big companys who wanted to purchase timeshare, they knew which timeshare we owned and in what country. He said he would guarantee a sale in 180 days and if we were already to use our time for 2009 that was no problem. All this for only $795.00 up front I'm so glad I read all comments in Redweek.

JoAnn S.
Feb 20, 2009

Did you ever hear back from them? What did you end up doing to try and get your money back?

Kristen H.
Feb 21, 2009

As I stated I never gave any money only talked to the guy and I was glad I found this site.

JoAnn S.
Mar 19, 2009

I have just approved a $350 fee for renting my studio timeshare that sleeps up to four people .at the Melia Vacation Club in Cozumel. Does anyone have a good experience renting or selling through Resort Equity Marketing? Fred

Fred S.

Last edited by marty8084 on Mar 19, 2009 03:38 PM

Mar 30, 2009

Yes, I have had the very same experience. I want to sell my time share now. They stated weather I'd be renting/selling/buying their svc's were included in the one time fee. I didn't get any update info regarding my rental. Tomorrow I'll be trying to get a hold of them. They're customer svc hours 9-5p eastern. Wish me luck

Sonja M.
Mar 31, 2009

freds202 wrote:
I have just approved a $350 fee for renting my studio timeshare that sleeps up to four people .at the Melia Vacation Club in Cozumel. Does anyone have a good experience renting or selling through Resort Equity Marketing? Fred

For the thousandth time, never pay an upfront fee in the hundreds of dollars to any company to sell or rent your timeshare.

R P.
Mar 31, 2009

jayjay wrote:
freds202 wrote:

For the thousandth time, never pay an upfront fee in the hundreds of dollars to any company to sell or rent your timeshare.

jayjay, people will read post after post warning them of paying upfront fees or companies that claim to have a buyer. Still, they fall prey, believing the company they signed up with is different (or at least that's what they've been told).

Mike N.
Mar 31, 2009

I see alot of complaints about timeshare resale companies. Are there any that really do work,

Martin

Martin D.
Apr 01, 2009

I was just on Monday night called about selling or renting my time share. At the time it sounded pretty good, I mean now a days do you know anywhere that you can double your investment in one year. I said I would have to talk to my husband first. I called them back, of course with lots of questions, after I thought about it for a day. Thay were going to offer me even more money. They stated all they received was 1,299 for selling our time share. I thought that did not sound bad for selling. (I was assuming it would be paid at closing) Then they wanted to know which credit card I would be using. All I could see was red flaggs. I quickly made an excuse to call them back. I looked on the FL Better Business Bureau's web site. REM has a rating of "F". I called them back to let them know that I was not going to take them up on their offer. Of course they had a lot of reasons why this was so. On the top of the list is that they don't pay the bureau and so the bureau can't tell them how to run their business. They really could not give me any place where I could get any positive feedback. Just remember if anyone calls you and asks for money up front, 9.999 chances out of 10 it is not good. AND IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT USUALLY IS!!!!!

Julia

Julia C.

Last edited by juliac53 on Apr 01, 2009 02:10 PM

Apr 01, 2009

I actually just filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Comission and FL state... I would encourage anyone else to do the same. I am trying to get my money back right now, but I was notified via mail that they will be investigating my complaint. It would be nice to at least get my money back...

Kristen H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.