Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Any experience with BuyATimeshare.com?

Jul 23, 2010

Has anyone every heard of or dealt with this company? I am interested in renting my Aruba Easter week timeshare. They said they would "guarantee" that it would be rented....but at what price?

I have read many posts saying to not pay any fees up front, which is what they have asked for. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Lynn C.
Jul 24, 2010

lynnc216 wrote:
Has anyone every heard of or dealt with this company? I am interested in renting my Aruba Easter week timeshare. They said they would "guarantee" that it would be rented....but at what price?

I have read many posts saying to not pay any fees up front, which is what they have asked for. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Enter the company's phone number in a search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc.) and see what pops up. It's usually connected to another shady resale/listing company. I'm guessing that this one is connected to timesharerentorsell.com which I fell for. They gave me the same "guarantee".

They give a rental price of 2-3 times your maintenance fees which is intended to paralyze you with excitement and stop you from thinking rationally.

Their guarantee is that they'll "rent it out" for "a day". Translation: they'll send you a rebate on your upfront fee of about $100. I'm assuming their upfront fee is in the neighborhood of $900. That means you'll be paying them $800 to put your resort on their feeble website.

Before you pay them a nickel, ask them to e-mail you a copy of the contract.

Lance C.
Jul 24, 2010

lynnc216 wrote:

You can rent it just as easily yourself (if you price it right) on internet timeshare listing sites such as Redweek for a nominal fee .... it's easy to do .... whatever you do, DO NOT PAY A LARGE UPFRONT FEE to the scammers to supposedly rent your timeshare .... all they want is your upfront fee.

R P.
Jul 26, 2010

Great company They rent out my Wyndham timeshares.

Debbie Roy is awesome to work with

Lisa P.

Last edited by petere20 on Jul 26, 2010 08:40 AM

Jul 26, 2010

petere20 wrote:
Great company They rent out my Wyndham timeshares.

Debbie Roy is awesome to work with

How much did you have to pay them upfront? How much did they rent out your timeshare for? Can you describe these timeshares that they rented our for you (location, number of bedrooms, time of year, etc.)?

Lance C.
Jul 27, 2010

I connected with Debbie from a friend and started by paying a small fee and incresase the number of Wyndham rentals as I got results. Mostly Bonnet Creek and Waikiki etc...

Lisa P.
Jul 28, 2010

lynnc216 wrote:

There is NO guarantee that any given timeshare week will be rented.

R P.
Aug 07, 2010

I have my timeshare listed with them for sale or rent, it's been listed for a year and I have not heard one peep from them. NOTHING. I was told a property like mine had been listed and was sold in 12 weeks....over a year later, I still have the timeshare.

I recently called to complain, and ask for a refund, I stated that I paid for a service that I did not receive, the man I spoke with said that my timeshare has been being marketed, and I asked him for proof of that, he said they send out mailers and information on buyatimeshare.com but not on specific properties. I basically paid for this horrible website/company to market themselves, and to do nothing for me.

Wish I would have found out about the no upfront payments before I did this a year ago, I guess the only silver lining is buyatimeshare.com was the cheapest place I found.

Heather H.
Aug 18, 2010

I am interested in renting and Debbie Roy at Buyatieshare.com says they have the week I want.

Have there been any problems for renters that anyone knows about?

Jaki J.
Aug 19, 2010

jakij3 wrote:
I am interested in renting and.....Buyatieshare.com says they have the week I want.

Have there been any problems for renters that anyone knows about?

The upfront fee "listing" side of this outfit is clearly a an ineffective ripoff for any would-be seller, since overpriced, inflated and unrealistic "listings" don't usually elicit the attention of well informed, savvy buyers (...not there, nor anywhere else for that matter).

That said, SOME people on other timeshare sites have reported successfully RENTING from the rental side of this outfit, which I *believe* is actually called "Vacations Only".

You should not be particularly shocked or surprised if the rental figure you are currently being quoted ends up being later followed by an ADDITIONAL 20% commission payable to the rep (whose actual name I have deleted in quoting your post, since I'm not her advertising agent or marketer) for "finding" the week you want. Then again, maybe you're willing to pay that additional fee if the total rental cost is still palatable to you. If so, I'd still strongly recommend that you demand to see some form of hard copy, credible, documentary PROOF that they do indeed have lawful and guaranteed access to exactly the week you want and which they allege to have available for you --- BEFORE parting with even a nickel...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 19, 2010 04:47 AM

Aug 19, 2010

Well, the paperwork I got was from another company in NH. But after I FAXed back the paperwork she emailed me that she didn't have that week after all.

Guess I'd better call my bank card company and make sure she didn't put through any charges.

Oh well. Thanks. Jaki

Jaki J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.