Timeshare Companies

Belaire Vacation Club/Puerto Vallarta

Mar 06, 2011

hi, i am not going to do anything till i see when and IF anything gets built. i don't trust anybody anymore.

karen

Karen S.
Mar 06, 2011

I certainly can't blame you! I was determined to wait also, but was was taken by Mario's promises of liquidation. I sure hope it works out, and will have to wait for awhile to know. It will definitely be the last "deal" I agree to for the rest of my life. Curtis

Curtis M.
Mar 17, 2011

I also had a visit when I was in Puerto Vallarta. I was told a different last name for Mario. I was told Mario Llamas. I did not bring my husband so besides telling me that my studio/1bedroom unit would sell for $114,000.00 and that he needed the usual $7999.00, so nothing could happen. When I tried to speak to another customer they wanted me out of there ASAP. First they offered to drive me back to my hotel but changed their mind and told me that the cars were out of gas. I asked why they had security 24/7 and Carlos, Mario's flunky, told me that it was to protect the construction equipment. I wonder who will plan on stealing the metal bars. Even the tent internet is closed. Only the spa is open and the head of the spa is running the resturant. By the way, the ends of the metal bars are now black. rust perhaps.

I did see the model units and they are fantastic. Maybe the 900 plus contract people can share them.

Did I give them any money? NO WAY.

Lois J.
Mar 19, 2011

We also purchased and are interested in getting a refund. We hope to try and go there Feb. 2012 to check it out. Has anyone been back to use their weeks at Hotel U?

Mara R.
Mar 21, 2011

we went to Hotel U 3 times during our 2 week stay, March 4-18. Same old crap. However, we gave $9600 to Hightower in Late August, 2010. That was a total scam. Mario said they do not deal with Vacation Management Group, also Alan Dale confirmed that they were legit. Email confirmation from JT Williams of same company. Then Mario wanted another $7700 to pay off our outstanding loan which had not been updated in over a year. We also tried to have them take it our of our final check, no way. We presured as best we could with no luck after 3 visits. Mario was all excited that we would "possibly" pay them another $7700. If anyone has received any money from them please tell.... elgone

Elaine G.
Mar 27, 2011

Hi, we just got back from pv. we went over to Hotel U without an appointment(didn't know i needed one). someone called for someone to come talk to us, and about 30 minutes later, Mario Seg(attorney) showed up from home. here's the deal #1-we can pay them $7799 to convert our membership to Hotel U and cash out our one bedroom for 114,900 #2 become a Hotel U member for $5799 or #3stay as is. we would only be able to use it May, June, July August, September. He is also going to be charging around $100 per person per day AIl Inclusive fees. That is how they get away with NO Maintenece fees. He says that thefirst 60 transactions are taking 180 days and the ones that they are doing now are taking about 120 days. It seems that they are doing them in blocks of 60. This deal HAS to be done on-site.(by our contracts I guess) He has to notify Mexico City when an appointment is made and it is a one time deal. After that, we would have to go to Mexico City to cash out and pay a 19% tax. I asked why he couldn't just put the $39,218 that we paid on my credit card, but of course "it doesn't work that way, fees have to be paid" So, my husband said that since we had no appointment, could he just pretend that we weren't there so we could investigate him and his company and think about it. he said OK and gave us his card. He also said that the other owner is also an attorneyand they met at the University of Chicago. Anybody out there know of anyone else that owns and has done anything? There were a few other owners there eating lunch and using the salon. Apparently, they have been in and out and are staying nearby. Another nice man, Mexican, came and sat with us when Mario went to get us his card and got side tracked by another owner, and he said that they can't market to other people until they take care of us because there would be problems. we would be telling them bad things when they came if we were there as well. i also think that we techically all have leins against this property and they can't do anything with it until they are reso;lved. Cameras are going up this week and they have to blast the rust off the steel that has been sitting there.

Karen

Karen S.
Mar 27, 2011

anything else happen yet? i just left a message at the bottom tag.

karen

Karen S.
Mar 27, 2011

i encourage all Belaire complainants and skeptics to file complaints with Profecto, Mexico's consumer agency. The only way justice will prevail is enough Americans threaten never to return with their dollars to P/V. For instructions, email: extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx. You can explain your situation in English. Paul

Paul A.
Jul 20, 2011

I received a call from Alex Santori today. He told me that he was a Senoir Partner at Hotel U. He offered to convert my Belaire contract to a Hotel U contract for a mere $9800, and that this amount would go into an excrow account. He also told me that the end of the fiscal year had just ended June 30th and that he only had 10 days to complete this transaction. Of course, he told me that I would receive $114,950 if I cashed out immediately and $229,900 if I waited until February. When I told him that I would not give them another dime, he became very upset, offensive and would not talk to me any more. Another scam! He also told me that they could only buy back 400 Belaire contracts and that they had so far only bought back 300. Are you kidding me? Any one that had been scammed by Belaire would agree to the buy back. And I thought that there was a glimmer of hope to at least get back what had been stolen from us. I sure would like to know how to get back at these people!

S F.
Jul 21, 2011

We upgraded to a 2 bedroom in 2008 back when we still believed this venture with Belaire/U Go was legitimate. We went back to rescind the next day and were told the paper work would be sent to us as Dorota was away. Then we sent an email stating the rescission and a registered letter to Belaire and to Profeco. within the 5 days allotted. We have had an agreement with their representative and Profeco to return our money , the last one with Profeco Oct. 2010, but still have not seen our recission money returned. By Mexican Law it is stated we have the right to rescind. The tourist info and Profeco info all state this. Yet Belaire/U Go still has not returned money that by law should be returned. Also the Luxury experience did not allow us a holiday last year, and is busy now every time we call. This has been some of our experience.

Patti B.

Last edited by readingpatti616 on Jul 21, 2011 08:37 AM

Aug 23, 2011

regarding your comment, its just a common activity to get an upfront fee and never deliver the service promised. I would like to help you with any legal information you may need, I have worked in the ts industry for many years and I may be able to provide reliable information. Samuel.

Samuel C.
Aug 24, 2011

samuelc38 wrote:
regarding your comment, its just a common activity to get an upfront fee and never deliver the service promised. I would like to help you with any legal information you may need, I have worked in the ts industry for many years and I may be able to provide reliable information. Samuel.

And how much do YOU charge upfront ?????

R P.
Aug 24, 2011

jayjay wrote:
samuelc38 wrote:

We are looking for help and hope you can email us. Thanks. Patti

Patti B.

Last edited by readingpatti616 on Aug 24, 2011 08:36 PM

Aug 24, 2011

readingpatti616 wrote:
jayjay wrote:
samuelc38 wrote:

Patti B.
Aug 24, 2011

Dear Samuel, I would like further information from you but wonder how I can contact you. Thanks. PAtti

Patti B.
Aug 25, 2011

readingpatti616 wrote:
Dear Samuel, I would like further information from you but wonder how I can contact you. Thanks. PAtti

Patti, beware as this is probably another scam .... if he asks for any type of upfront fee then it's a scam .... the only people I've ever heard of that helped Mexico timeshare buyers that think they've been scammed is PROFECO.

R P.
Aug 25, 2011

Dear Patti, If you would like to get a personal and private advise I am registered in AllExperts website as a Volunteer and if look for me and make your questions there, I will respond them ASAP, or keep using this timeshare forum if you wish. Please let me know how I can assist yourself.

Dear Jayjay, I feel confident I have not posted anything related to upfront fees nor take the opportunity to promote my business, I would like to change the tainted image my country has and there are still honest people working in Mexico, I include myself. As you mentioned PROFECO may be able to help you with your timeshare problems, but this federal office cannot rule or demand the developer to refund you the funds you have paid to date neither they cannot take them to a legal process (if the case) as they are just intermediaries between you and the resort. The outcome of cases that were cancelled within the legal period (5 business days) is simply different as PROFECO would have legal proof of your decision to cancel the contract.

Feel free to contact me, Samuel Calderon.

Samuel C.
Dec 05, 2011

To all those who have been through the nightmare of the Belair Vacation Club and the New Hotel U rip off. It is time to ban together and let the world know that these thieves continue to cheat honest people out of their money with no remorse what's so ever. The Internet is far reaching and can let everyone know about these crooks and save anyone else from making the mistakle of believing these scumbags.

If you want to join our efforts to stop these crooks contact me at lopaca1 at akamai inc.com.

I am an SEO expert and can blanket the internet with info about this group of thieves so that no one will ever be taken advantage again. I would gladly spend the $9800.00 they want to cheat us out of to get the word in front of the world.

If you are still trying to deal with the Hotel U I advise you to contact us before spending another nickle.

lopaca

Bob K.
Dec 05, 2011

We rescinded within 5 days, 3 years ago, and even though the company rep said the money would be returned while in a Profeco hearing, it has not been! Patti

Patti B.
Dec 28, 2011

PLEASE LISTEN CAREFULLY...... I KNOW THE PLAYERS AND THIS TIME SHARE DEVELOPMENT INTIMATELY. THE PLAYERS ARE ITALIAN MOBSTERS OUT OF VEGAS. THEY CHANGE BUSINESS NAMES AS WELL AS PERSONAL NAMES AND TITLES TO HIDE, DISTRACT AND CONFUSE. THEY ARE COMPLETELY PSYCHOPATHIC. DID YOU EVER SEE THE SOPRANOS????? NO KIDDING, IT IS FOR REAL!

THE BELAIRE OR WHATEVER THEY CALL IT NOW IS THE BIGGEST SCAM YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE AND PROBABLY MUCH BIGGER! THIS IS HOW ANTONIO/TONY IS ABLE TO GET YOUR MONEY. HE IS SO OUTRAGEOUS, NO ONE COULD EVER BELIEVE IT IS NOT REAL THE WHOLE TIME YOU HAVE A FEELING IT IS NOT RIGHT. FORGET THE MONEY YOU'VE LOST AND STAY AWAY. DON'T GIVE ANOTHER CENT OR BE TRICKED INTO ANYTHING THEY OFFER YOU. THEY ARE CUNNING, OUTRAGEOUS AND WITHOUT A CONSCIENCE. TONY WILL ACTUALLY LAUGH AT YOU WHEN HE GETS YOUR MONEY FROM YOU BECAUSE IT WAS SO EASY AND YOU ARE SO STUPID TO GIVE UP YOUR MONEY. THEY CONTROL THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT WITH HUGE GIFTS AND POLITICAL GOOD WILL. IF YOU ARE THERE AND GET THE CHANCE, LOOK UNDER SINKS FOR PLUMBING CONNECTIONS.... UNLESS THEY HAVE CHANGED IT IN THE LAST 4 YEARS, IT IS NOT CONNECTED, THERE IS NO PLUMBING IN THE MODELS/UNITS!

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.

John J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.