Apr 19, 2011

Hey,

My wife and I just got home from Aruba and we went to a timeshare presentation at the Marriott. We got the name of a rental company for timeshare weeks. Platinum Resort Services. Has anyone heard of them?

Mauro M.
Apr 19, 2011

maurom4 wrote:
Hey,

My wife and I just got home from Aruba and we went to a timeshare presentation at the Marriott. We got the name of a rental company for timeshare weeks. Platinum Resort Services. Has anyone heard of them?

Did you buy a timeshare from the presentation? Did the timeshare salesperson tell you that Platinum Resort Services could rent out the week(s) you own or bought?

If you bought right from the developer, rescind ASAP!

As for Platinum Resort Services, I've never heard of it but regardless of who PRS is or what it does, never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to rent out (or sell or market) your timeshare.

Lance C.
Apr 21, 2011

Hi, We found platinum resort services online and signed up with them last year. We just got our rental check for 4 of our weeks. It took a little time but they told ud that when we signed up. I have no complaints. We got our money's worth already.

Daisy

Daisy S.
Jul 20, 2011

Are they expensive?

Michelle

Last edited by michellek224 on Jul 20, 2011 09:06 PM

Jul 24, 2011

Just make sure that it is not a scam. Google it if you want to check the truthfulness of that resort services.

Greg H.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jul 25, 2011 02:42 PM

Jul 25, 2011

To all of you who are renting from anyone other than an owner, they are wholesalers buying the units illegially from RCI, which is why the ad does not give a particular unit number. It usually says, "it varies." A real owner would be able to give a unit number unless it is a floating week. I had a horrific experience with these places and know of others. Stay away!!! Rent or purchase ONLY from owners or legitimate places that deal specifically with Aruba. There is only one or two.

Barb G.
Aug 03, 2011

I always rent mine myself (ebay, redweek, myresortnetwork. I own at Atlantis, Hyatt, Sheraton Vistana, and Lakeside terrace. If you have a nice unit at a nice resort and are not holding out for the last dollar, it does not seem to be an issue.

Stephanie K.
Aug 04, 2011

stephaniek15 wrote:
I always rent mine myself (ebay, redweek, myresortnetwork. I own at Atlantis, Hyatt, Sheraton Vistana, and Lakeside terrace. If you have a nice unit at a nice resort and are not holding out for the last dollar, it does not seem to be an issue.

The vast majority of resorts have nice, luxurious units. That doesn't mean you can always get top dollar for your rental (it all depends on supply and demand). What I recommend is if an owner doesn't get an offer to rent for his/her listing price then I would keep dropping it until the ad started getting interest, however in overbuilt timeshare resort areas like Orlando, Vegas, Branson etc it's not a given that you can rent even after dropping your price.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Aug 04, 2011 07:57 AM

Aug 17, 2011

I own at the Marriott Waiohai Beach Club in Kauai, Hawaii and I don't have a specific unit number... So not all timeshares will have specific weeks or unit numbers... This doesn't necessarily mean I purchased anything illegally... I don't feel the advice of staying away from timeshare renters who don't have a specific unit numbers or weeks is a correct assessment... Is there a way to verify their owner information, etc with the particular company?

Tammy A.
Aug 17, 2011

tammy683 wrote:
I own at the Marriott Waiohai Beach Club in Kauai, Hawaii and I don't have a specific unit number... So not all timeshares will have specific weeks or unit numbers... This doesn't necessarily mean I purchased anything illegally... I don't feel the advice of staying away from timeshare renters who don't have a specific unit numbers or weeks is a correct assessment... Is there a way to verify their owner information, etc with the particular company?

It looks to me like you have a floating week and a floating unit. In your ad you need to tell prospective renters that you own a floating week and you need to list what floating weeks you own (some are weeks 1-52) .... then you contact the resort and ask if the week is available that a prospective renter is seeking. As far as a unit that's also floating, it depends on what's available during the floating weeks a renter is seeking.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Aug 17, 2011 10:10 AM

Aug 26, 2011

This is my second year renting out my time shares. I only use red week. I have have a Hilton in Vegas a penthouse suite on the strip.Also includes 3 other Hiltons in Vegas So pretty easy to rent any time, I have Westgate Flamingo Bay in Vegas week 52 New Years hard to get. It can also be used any time

They can be used any time and any where in the world including Cruises. I had no problem Renting them in redweek last year. I only look to cover my fees.

I tried ebay I find them ridiculous in prices

Adrien J.

Last edited by adrienj on Aug 26, 2011 06:12 PM

Aug 26, 2011

Good day to all,

We are looking at renting a time share in Florida in February. This will be our first try at this. We are going on a cruise the first week and staying for an extra one afterward.

Does anyone have advice on the things we need to know when searching and selecting a place? Also what to ask the owner and paying methods?

Thanks

Peter M.
Aug 27, 2011

peterm370 wrote:
Good day to all,

We are looking at renting a time share in Florida in February. This will be our first try at this. We are going on a cruise the first week and staying for an extra one afterward.

Does anyone have advice on the things we need to know when searching and selecting a place? Also what to ask the owner and paying methods? Thanks

When you find something you might be interested in to rent you need to email the owner to see if the week you want is available and then a rental agreement should be written listing all the stipulations of the rental and signed by both you and the owner .... you can find a sample rental agreement by 'searching forums'.

R P.
Aug 28, 2011

We are planning on doing the same thing but we already own in Florda. What city are u shipping out of? You should look at a rental in that city or close to it. The resort may let you leave your vehicle there while you are on the ship. Just an idea. I have three weeks that I will be listing on Redweek that are in Pompano Beach FL .

Doug W.
Aug 28, 2011

We are out of Fort Lauderdale on the Feb.11th and back on the 19th. I have car booked for that extra week and able to go anywhere. We want the beach on the Atlantic side. I have looked a few places in Palm Beach Shores. Quite and safe are the key points. Let me know the resort name and I will look for the listing.

Thanks

Peter M.
Oct 26, 2011

Are there a lot of people who are willing to rent your timeshare? If so which timeshares are most likely to be picked?

Victoria L.
Oct 30, 2011

daisys9 wrote:
Hi, We found platinum resort services online and signed up with them last year. We just got our rental check for 4 of our weeks. It took a little time but they told ud that when we signed up. I have no complaints. We got our money's worth already.

Daisy

Thanks, based on your good report I signed up with them as well. I had been concerned based on what everyone said" generally only the negative stuff is printed. I paid them and they rented 6 weeks for me - I have a fractional- and I just got the money today just when I needed it. Thanks Red Week for making this possible

Stan E.
Nov 05, 2011

Where can I find a sample rental agreement form?

Mary K.
Nov 06, 2011

maryk556 wrote:
Where can I find a sample rental agreement form?

There is a sample rental agreement at this link http://www.redweek.com/resources/rental_process/private/. Copy and paste this link into your browser.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Nov 09, 2011

Hi,

I am very new to this. We own two properties in Las Vegas with HGVC. We have 4,500 rescue points that have to be used by the end of this year. These points can only be booked at a HGVC or an RCI property. Any suggestions on how I can rent these points so it is not a total loss? Any advice is appreciated.

Angela N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.