Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Successful Purchase through Sell Timeshare, LLC and Pacific Property Transfer, LLC

Feb 07, 2012

I recommend Sell Timeshare, LLC (sales@selltimeshare.org; Sell Timeshare.org; 877-973-5548) for people wanting to buy timeshares on the second hand market at a reasonable price. I recently completed a purchase of an annual ownership float winter week at a Starwood property in Colorado advertised in Redweek though David C. at Sell Timeshare. David C. was great at explaining the process and how purchasing a week on the secondary market is different from buying directly from Starwood; that there is no internal trading using Options and no trading for hotel points. However, I bought the week to use for skiing and didn't want to pay at least $30,000 more for those trading options. We used Pacific Property Transfer, LLC (pacificpropertytransfer.com) to process the paperwork and the online processing worked well. The Pacific Transfer agent was also very helpful in answering the questions I had about the transfer process. The process took about 6 weeks. I faxed a copy of the title that David C. sent to me to Starwood and did not rely just on Pacific Transfer. However, I was told that Pacific Transfer sent in my paperwork to Starwood right away.

Keith M.

Last edited by keith151 on Feb 08, 2012 09:59 AM

Feb 26, 2012

Thanks for this positive feedback! I am trying to buy a timeshare from them on Ebay and needed some " proof" that they are legit. Thanks!

Michelle
Feb 26, 2012

You are welcome! Sell Timeshare, LLC and Pacific Property Transfer, LLC are both new companies and I was a little nervous doing the buy, but didn't have any problems. I even used Pacific Transfer's link to use a computer check to reimburse the Sell Timeshare broker for the annual maintenance fee once the unit was in my name through Starwood and I confirmed that the 2012 maintenance fee had already been paid. I called Lakeside Terrace Title Department about 3 weeks after I completed the online paperwork and mailed a check to Pacific Transfer (I didn't trust the online check link at first) and they hadn't received the copy of the new title yet (although one had been emailed to me); so I faxed Lakeside Terrace Title Department a copy to the title transfer from the previous owners to me from Eagle County CO. However, the unit is at Lakeside Terrace and they use a different office than most Starwood properties. I believe that the Property Transfer agent had sent in the paperwork right away as she told me, but it probably went to Starwood main office and was taking awhile to get the the right office for Lakeside Terrace.

Keith M.
Mar 28, 2012

I'm glad this worked for you, but there are timeshares available for free if you'd known. I'm trying to give ours away! Can't travel anymore due to health issues & it'd be worth it to me to no longer pay maintenance fees! Retirees like myself on fixed Incomes who no longer travel are offering them free! I hate it because I paid LOTS of good money for ours & it was a great deal when we were using it, but now it's hard to pay fees for what you can't use. Many others doing same. Check it out. There are websites offering these deals!

Joanie N.
Apr 11, 2012

My transaction started 1-27-2012 and no transfer has been made. The Operator at Pacific Transfer indicates that the agents don't respond to telephones nor Emails. "Ain't that just grand." Absolutely no communication from them. They neither respond to telephone nor Email. This makes my 8th timeshare purchase and the only one that has been a disaster. Sell Timeshare promised help -- they have followed through and have been told that the deed has been sent to San Francisco County. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting. 12:00Pm on 4-11-2012 Sell Timeshare's president just told me that he would pay for expedited service with the County.

Leo B.

Last edited by lb87 on Apr 11, 2012 11:01 AM

Apr 17, 2012

I am eagerly waiting to complete my deal with them, but hit a snag when I tried to verify who Pacific Property Transfer, LLC is (or Pacific Transfer, etc.) that is supposed to be escrowing my money. I haven't found any info other than a business license number they provided as "LIC-SRVC-120607", which doesn't come up with any local or state databases. I suppose if it's only a few hundred bucks, you could take a chance that everything will go through smoothly anyway, but it would be nice to clear this up for everyone.

Yoon C.
Apr 18, 2012

I have filled a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Three weeks have gone by and Pacific Property Transfer has yet to respond even to that. I'm thinking all is lost for me. My advice is to avoid Pacific Property Transfer.

Leo B.
Apr 18, 2012

lb87 wrote:
I have filled a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Three weeks have gone by and Pacific Property Transfer has yet to respond even to that. I'm thinking all is lost for me. My advice is to avoid Pacific Property Transfer.

You would be better off to file a complaint with the attorney general in the state Pacific Property Transfer is located ..... you can google for contact info.

R P.
Apr 18, 2012

lb87 wrote:
My transaction started 1-27-2012 and no transfer has been made. The Operator at Pacific Transfer indicates that the agents don't respond to telephones nor Emails. "Ain't that just grand."

What kind of company doesn't respond to telephone calls nor emails via the operator at the company ???? Certainly not a company that I would want to do business with.

R P.
Apr 19, 2012

The person who initially contacted me from Pacific Transfer with the 'DocuSign' agreement was very prompt with responding to my questions. Then, I asked for information on the company so that I can verify that the company is a licensed escrow company in California. That's when responses stopped. I contacted the ebay seller about it (selltimeshareorg), and he told me he will find out and get back to me. It's been two days, but haven't heard back from him. I don't want to accuse them of anything yet, since it's only been a few days, but I'm curious to see what happens. I haven't signed anything, and if the ebay bid goes into dispute, I don't see how they can defend the use of a non-verifiable escrow agent. I can sleep easy, compared to wondering where my thousands have gone.

Yoon C.
Apr 19, 2012

yoonc wrote:
The person who initially contacted me from Pacific Transfer with the 'DocuSign' agreement was very prompt with responding to my questions. Then, I asked for information on the company so that I can verify that the company is a licensed escrow company in California. That's when responses stopped. I contacted the ebay seller about it (selltimeshareorg), and he told me he will find out and get back to me. It's been two days, but haven't heard back from him. I don't want to accuse them of anything yet, since it's only been a few days, but I'm curious to see what happens. I haven't signed anything, and if the ebay bid goes into dispute, I don't see how they can defend the use of a non-verifiable escrow agent. I can sleep easy, compared to wondering where my thousands have gone.

Ebay timeshare auctions are non-binding, so if everything falls through then you have nothing to worry about.

R P.
Apr 20, 2012

yoonc wrote:

I found that "sell time share" was very polite and indicated they would do this and that. Yeah well-that turned out to be just nice talk. I have seen no results to their offer to help me in my "fight" with Pacific Transfer.

Leo B.
Aug 04, 2012

The reason they are not helping you fight is that Sell timeshare and Pacific are the same company just in different locations

John S.
Aug 28, 2012

THIS IS A SCAM!!! As soon as I paid the company my property was guaranteed sold !!!! For $24,000 which was more then what I paid!!! All I had to do was give them my credit card information for $2,500 to cover the closing costs on property!! Four months later I have not heard from this company and my property still has not been sold.. SCAMED AGAIN!!! Luckily I was contacted by a company who got my money back for me, the difference with this company then others, was they did not charge me upfront, I paid once I got my money back… so I was scammed but I was lucky enough to get my money back

Samantha B.

Last edited by astephens on Aug 28, 2012 03:54 PM

Aug 28, 2012

Samantha69 is a shill. She's been in other rooms in the forums pitching this scam under different circumstances. It's another scam she's pitching. Don't fall for her scam story.

Don P.
Nov 09, 2012

Is David C. the "President" you refer to? Has your sale gone through yet?? We are in the process of purchasing one on EBay and are somewhat concerned because of the Pacific Transfer Title Company not being registered, etc.

Sandra B.
Nov 10, 2012

I don't believe that David C. is the president. He is an agent. I started the purchase of a 2 bedroom at Lakeside Terrace in Avon Co., which is a Starwood Property, about the end of December 2011. David C. sent me a copy of the deed in my name about a month later. I did not wait for Pacific Property Transfer to complete their paperwork before contacting Starwood. I faxed the deed to Starwood, and they had the unit in my name about 3 weeks later (actually I had to call and make sure it went through, I sent it to the wrong agency first, they have a separate title office for Lakeside), and I made a reservation with my week for the end of March. It took about 3 months before Pacific Property Transfer emailed me that the paperwork was complete. I had already used my week by then. The person I talked to at Lakeside Title told me that Pacific Property Transfer is a legitimate company, but that if I didn't fax them my title directly the process probably would take about 3 months if I waited for Pacific Property Transfer to email it to them. I believe that Pacific Property Transfer is owned by a timeshare resale company in California (not Sell Timeshare LLC) and that they run several months behind.

Keith M.
Nov 10, 2012

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble selling your timeshare. I would not trust buying a timeshare from an unfamiliar website. I think it is better to advertise it for $1 on redweek.com .

Keith M.
Mar 17, 2013

I am surprised that I see little talk about the financial information and timeshare plan documents when people are considering buying a timeshare. For example, According to Section 32.16 of the Marriott Desert Springs Masterplan document, any owner, prior to the sale of a timeshare MUST provide the prospective purchaser with a copy of (1) this Master Declaration, (2) the Bylaws, (3) the Articles, (4) the most recent financial statements of the Master Association and (5) a statement from any authorized representative of the Master Association listing all unpaid assessments and charges against the Subdivision. I have tried getting these documents from about ten different sellers, only 1 has provided me with the Masterplan document, still have not gotten any of the all important financial information. Is anyone out there having luck getting this information?

Margaret C.
Mar 17, 2013

Hello to All - I am replying to my own post back in November. My concern was with Pacific Transfer, not Sell Timeshare.org. I actually went through with the purchase and sent David C. the check directly. All went well after that. I have noticed, however, that a lot of re-sellers overcharge for escrow and transfer fees. ISCO will handle escrow for $199 and the transfer fee is $135. It's a club membership when you buy or sell at the Royal Resorts in Cancun, not a real deed that needs a title search.

sbright500 wrote:
Is David C. the "President" you refer to? Has your sale gone through yet?? We are in the process of purchasing one on EBay and are somewhat concerned because of the Pacific Transfer Title Company not being registered, etc.

Sandra B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.